What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2004 update patch released!

Docking

Juniors
inertia666 said:
yeah the customfiles are totally not supported. it will read them but it will get it all wrong, :D

I'm just glad I'm not alone in requesting the need for custom file editing from your editor :D

simostorm

Bench
I have a problem with the patch. When i start a 2004 season I cant save the game, as soon as I click on save, the game crashes back to the desktop.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I also have a prob with the game crashing. I've tried playing a season 3 times and cant get past the first game, it keeps crashing back to the desktop, even if the game's over and their walking off the field.

Goleel

Juniors
I'm guessing this has something to do with your own custom files, the best thing to do would be to make a backup of your rl.dat and any custom and save files you have, then delete the save files (you can keep rl.dat there), and install the patch, then you should have no problems, and if you want to go back to the other save files, just uninstall the patch and use the old files.

The game itself has issues with editing teams that are in a saved competition (hence why you can't customise teams already in a save game) so the best option is to just not have any save games there.

simostorm

Bench
I reinsatlled the whole game then downloaded the patch at trublu then downloaded the 2004 patch, and now it works perfect.

Goleel

Juniors
Sweet, I'd say its the save game issue then, the game really doesn't like save games still being there if they were created using different custom files.

lionmaul

Juniors
Excellent job on this patch gol, I am truly enjoying this game all over again. This patch really makes this game so true to life. I really have to thank Mario and Sidhe for making such a Kick arse game again, and gol your patch really brings out the best qualities of this game, it is the best compliment to the game itself. Without your patch I would rate this games gameplay as an 8 from 1 to 10, with the patch it becomes a 9, if they were to add jumping and diving;-) :) and speed up getting your different kicks off, it would become a perfect 10.
Cheers and Salu

The Engineers Room

First Grade
More like a 6 before and a 9 after. Try playing the game the other way once playing it with the mod and it is very unrealistic. Hopefully Sidhe will make another game and make the stats more realistic, adding alot more stats of course and also making the stats out of 100 instead of a stupid 10.

EMO_24

Juniors
There is a bug in the 2004 update.Round 24 Souths v's Nth Qld should be Penrith v's Nth Qld.Just a small bug but Penrith play 23 games for the season and souths play 25.

Latest posts