What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Ladder

Corbin

Juniors
1.Sydney Roosters
2.Canterbury Bulldogs
3. Melbourne Storm
4.Penrith Panthers
5.St George/Illawarra Dragons
6.Newcastle Knights
7.North QLD Cowboys
8.Brisbane Broncos
9.Parramatta Eels
10.New Zealand Warriors
11.Manly Sea Eagles
12.Cronulla Sharks
13.West Tigers
14. South Sydney Rabbitohs
15.Canberra Raiders

ortz18

Juniors
Bulldogs
Broncos
Roosters
Storm
Panthers
Cowboys
Saints
Knights
Sharks
Eels
Tigers
Warriors
Eagles
Rabs
Raiders

Mark my words that will be it. :D

Billybob

Juniors
. Roosters
2. Cowboys
3. Bulldogs
4. Storm
5. Broncos
6. Dragons
7. Tigers
8. Panthers
9. Eels
10. Knights
11. Sea Eagles
12. Souths
13. Sharks
14. Warriors
15. Raiders

i think this is more like it
good call davester maybe bulldogs over cowboys but the cowboys will be in the top four
they finished only one point behind melb this year and that was with a 0 and 7 start

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
1 - Roosters (Will be here for the last time, like the Brisbane Lions, they will soon fall)
2 - Dragons (No doubt, they will come 2nd, but equal points with the roosters)
3 - Bulldogs (Lost a few players, but will end up on equal points with the roosters)
4 - Brisbane (same as this year i think)
5 - Cowboys (I like them, they have bought well and will improve again)
6 - Penrith (Equal points with the cowboys, but attack not as good)
7 - Wests Tigers (Onwards and upwards! Its in the mind, you watch!)
8 - Storm (They will go well, but loose some easy ones)
9 - Parramatta (just fall short, but starting to become a deadly force again)
10 - Manly (will genuinly push for the 8, but miss out by a few points)
11 - Sharks (they have a good team, but they are a 1 man team)
12 - Warriors (will improve, but will take them another year to get back to form)
13 - Newcastle (well, i suppose it all hinges on 'you know who')
14 - Souths (2006 they will move upwards even more!)
15 - Raiders (had to think about this, but i just cant see them making it with the players that they have)

t-ba

Post Whore
15. Manly - Complete opposite to Souths, Manly will find it hard to cross the line. Thank you Walker, you may have handed your club the spoon!!!

Watch the tapes...Tell me how much attack Walker actually did at the back end of the season and come back. We scored more points per minute with Willow at 5/8 and didn't leak a point :lol:

WTF7

Juniors
BULLDOGS
COWBOYS
PANTHERS
ROOSTERS
WESTS TIGERS
MELBOURNE
KNIGHTS
BRONCOS
EELS
ILLAWARRA
RAIDERS
SOUTHS
WARRIORS
SHARKS
MANLY

Iafeta

Referee
1 Cowboys
2 Bulldogs
3 Roosters
4 Storm
5 Dragons
6 Eels
7 Panthers
8 Warriors
9 Broncos
10 Knights
11 Manly
12 Souths
13 Tigers
14 Sharks
15 Raiders

Mambo

Juniors
Mark my words. Souths won't come last.

I'm very confident on this, because Shaun McRae and Shane Richardson run the place now. Time and time again, when teams get sorted out off the field they improve on it.

We've been dragged through the mud for 3 years with inept management, but don't lose sight of the fact that many major improvements have occured at Souths. Buying a good front row hasn't hurt either.

swing_low

Juniors
1. Dragons
2. Storm
3. Roosters
4. Cowboys
5. Bulldogs
6. Panthers
7. Sharks
8. Sea Eagles
9. Eels
10. Warriors
11. Knights
12. Tigers
13. Raiders
14. Sharks
15 Rabbitohs

Tigerpete

Juniors
Ok, im not gonna list them in a table like fashion but rather list each team as i see them standing now , heading into next season.
Broncos: NO Tallis, major loss, but have some awesome youngsters and as usual, they wont go away, their young forwards need to stand up though, because Webke has shown his last legs, top 8 should be assured but after that a repeat of 2004 is somewhat certain.

Bulldogs:Even with the loss of Price, i cant see things changing too much from this season, Still challenging for top 2 for sure.

Cowboys: They've added well to their playing roster for next season, Only this time, a top 8 spot will not surprise.

Dragons: The side who seems to annually under achieve, If they keep their stars fit (which has to be long odds) they "should" finish top 4, most likely though between 5-8.

Eels: On paper should be 2005's biggest improvers, Riddel, Morrison and Tahu will add quality to this side and throw in the talented young guys like Witt. top 8 for sure.

Knights: So much depends on joey , as always, While they learnt to compete without him last season, the loss of Tahu and Kennedy will hurt. Can certainly make the top 8, the key for me though, is injuries.

Panthers: its going to be interesting 2005. 3 of their back five are gone(Roberts, Girdler and Whatuira) while Lang and Fa'aoso move on too. Still got a great team though, and will push for top 4 no worries.

Rabbitohs: Well 2005 is the season for change for this mob, the influence of Richardson and Mcrae will be seen but i think results will come a little too late in 2005. No real major coups for the club but will rely on a VERY talented crop of juniors coming through for future seasons. I think they'll again battle with Manly, Warriors and Canberra for the spoon.

Raiders: A recuitement policy which has gone someway to mirroring Brian Smith's 2004 job, the Raiders are a big what if for 2005. They have some real talented youngsters though who are going to have to step up if they want to make the 8 again. For me, they'll make up the numbers in 2005 but should avoid the spoon for sure.

Roosters: Been saying it for years it seems, Genuine contenders if not favourites again. The loss of Fittler will hurt but they've obviously got the talent to replace. Recruited well again, top 2 for sure.

SeaEagles: Its hard to say as this team is VERY unpredicable. The loss of Walker will hurt significantly but gaining the somewhat injury proned Kennedy and workhorse Kite will alleviate that pressure. If they can fix their defense too, could be achieved top 8, if not, then it will be another frustrating season for their fans.

Sharks: Well they've got Dykes back and with Kimmorley it could be trouble for the opposition again. Top 8 certainly achieveable if they keep fit.

Storm: This side seems to slip under the radar every season but their talent is undoubted. Could lose out big time without Kearney and Reynoldson though, will rely on point scoring ability again, top 4 is a maybe.

Tigers: looked a certainty for the 8 this season but dropped games when it mattered. Whatuira will be a great buy and the loss of Sattler and Senter can be offset by talented youngsters Harrison and Farah. Many will say the key is Benji Marshall and they may well be right, if he stays fit the 8 is almost certainly achieveable.

Warriors: I think they'll do better, Nathan Fein, Steve Price and Rueben Wiki will add plenty of confidence to a side that needs it badly, if they can than sky is the limit. They've proved it before and they can again but really, who knows how they'll go, these guys are mystifying!

thuganomics

Coach
1 - Knights
2 - Panthers
3 - Storm
4 - Bulldogs
5 - Cowboys
6 - Eels
7 - Roosters
8 - Dragons

9 - Broncos
10 - Raiders
11 - Sharks
12 - Warriors
13 - Tigers
14 - Manly
15 - Souths

Kingytek

Juniors
1 - Panthers
2 - Dragons
3 - Storm
4 - Bulldogs
5 - Cowboys
6 - Broncos
7 - Roosters
8 - Tigers

9 - Eels
10 - Warriors
11 - Knights
12 - Souths
13 - Raiders
14 - Sharks
15 - Manly

a caution for those tipping the cowboys to make the top 4 - murray previously got illawarra to the final - the next year they struggled - roosters to the grandfinal - the next year they struggled

Red Bear

Referee
t-ba the hutt said:
15. Manly - Complete opposite to Souths, Manly will find it hard to cross the line. Thank you Walker, you may have handed your club the spoon!!!

Watch the tapes...Tell me how much attack Walker actually did at the back end of the season and come back. We scored more points per minute with Willow at 5/8 and didn't leak a point :lol:
Funny i thought he played brilliantly against Souths at NSO. Maybe he should play on cocaine every week!

Anyway -
Bulldogs
Roosters
Dragons(if consistent and injury free)
Panthers
Cowboys
Broncs
Eels
Tigers

Storm
Sharks
Knights
Warriors
Manly
Souths
Raiders

Souths will improve slowly next year but wait till 2006!

t-ba

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
t-ba the hutt said:

Funny i thought he played brilliantly against Souths at NSO. Maybe he should play on cocaine every week!

Then you've forgotten the constant offsides, the missed tackles, poor 5th tackle options and ridiculous penalties he made in that match. The attack might suffer next year, but defence has been the concern of Manly since the late 1990's. He was marginally better than Dorn in that he attempted tackles rather than avoided them and had a decent boot on him.

t-ba

Post Whore
Anyways
1-Brisbane
2-Canterbury
3-Melbourne
4-Penrith
5-Sydney City
6-North QLD
7-St George-Illawarra
8-Wests Tigers
9-Newcastle
10-New Zealand
11-Parramatta
12-Manly
13-Cronulla
14-Souths
15-Canberra

Wooden Spooners will collect 18 premiership points. The first 5 will be dominant, 6-11 will fight out for the 8.