What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Off-Contract Broncos Players

Detox

Juniors
The following players are off-contract at the end of 2005, they can all talk with other clubs after June 30.

Out of the following, who do you really want the club to keep and you do you think they can afford to let go for 2006?

Shaun Berrigan
Darren Mapp
Corey Parker
Michael Ryan
David Stagg
Shane Webcke
Tonie Carroll
Stuart Kelly
Tom Learoyd
Derrick Watkins
Tim Rangihuna
Jamie Simpson
John-John Te Reo

Add any corrections or additions to that list via a reply if needed

Detox

Juniors
Could a administrator or moderator make this topic a "Sticky" I feel as though it may come to some good use during the season, and when the June 30 deadline gets closer.

Thank-You in advance

UltimateJackA$$

Juniors
Yeah, Barnes' expires next year.

Shaun Berrigan - He should be on our high priority list. Many clubs would want to sign him!
Darren Mapp - He's been playing good footy, he's still young so we need to sign him as a backup forward.
Corey Parker - Same as Berro. We need his goalkicking and he's a great forward.
Michael Ryan - He's a really talented player, great hooker. I think the Broncos would sign him depending on his injury, etc. But it would be great if he signs with us again.
David Stagg - I would love for him to stay with the Broncos, he's a very versatile player and also a workaholic. I don't really see him going anywhere, he already declined an offer from the Roosters last year or something.
Shane Webcke - SIGN HIM!!!
Tonie Carroll - sign him as well!
Stuart Kelly - Hmmm...I dunno...no comment
Tom Learoyd - Sign him up. We need young forwards in the future because our current forwards are getting old. hehe
Derrick Watkins - It depends on how he goes with the Broncos/Clydesdales.
Tim Rangihuna - Same as above.
Jamie Simpson - Same as above.
John-John Te Reo - Same as above.

rugged

Juniors
Did you see how in the paper today it said Tom Learoyd is now going to be called Tom Learoyd Lars and Gary Toupou is going to be called Tame Toupou though his real first name is unpronouncable (relatively).

Kelly Patrol

Juniors
Shaun Berrigan - THE priority signing imo.
Darren Mapp - Not a priority,will never be more than a fringe player.Learoyd,Thaiday and Costigan can easily cover his loss.
Corey Parker - Should be retained.Will become a big player for us next season.
Michael Ryan - Needs to prove he isnt jinxed.A bit of a bubble boy imo.I'm not worried about him.
David Stagg - Very important.Will replace the aging Tunza.
Shane Webcke - Has been a great servant ,but I'd let him go.Becoming more injury prone and its time we brought down the age of our forwards.
Tunza - I'd let him go.He's getting on.Free up some salary cap.Stagg could replace him tommorrow.
Stuart Kelly - I wouldnt know where to start,or stop for that matter.Absolute shithouse.Should have been shown the door years ago.
Tommy Learoyd - Important.Plenty of talent,and unlike Carlaw has ticker.

I cant comment about the young rookies.

If Carlaw doesnt seriously perform this season I'd send him to England.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stuart Kelly - I wouldnt know where to start,or stop for that matter.Absolute shithouse.Should have been shown the door years ago.

We should not have even signed him in the first place! He is one of the VERY WORST signings in the history of the Brisbane Broncos! :evil:

broncoman

Juniors
Sun_Down said:
Tame Tupou is off contract aswell...i bet we will loose him :roll:

given the quality of players coming off contract he would probably have to accept something quite small to stay, otherwise i agree, he will probably be packing his bags...

Pistol

Coach
Where would you put Parker? At the moment he seems to be on the bench. At any other team, he starts the game, no worries at all. If his goal kicking is a priority and it damn well should be, he should be in the starting side, but at who's expense? Failing that, the Broncos should be grooming another goal kicker in the starting side. Lockyer doesnt seem to be striking the ball well at the moment and his body language suggests he is uncomfortable. Goal kicking will become an issue at one point.

I was in Brisbane towards the end of last year and I remember hearing rumblings about Karmichael Hunt being adept at kicking and that he was an option. If so, why not give him a shot?

Phillips

Referee
wouldnt mind Tupou at the Eels, we need another winger

Berrigan would'nt be too bad either....

salivor

First Grade
There was a bit of talk that Hunt could kick goals last year but I don't know if anyone described him as adept. Lockyer, Seymour and Parker seem to be the only ones at the club who are considered as serious options at present.

From the few attempts he's taken, Seymour seems to strike the ball nicely, he also gets the ball nice and high like most of the top kickers at present rather than the low punt type kick that Lockyer has. Parker can certainly kick but it's just too inpractical to have forwards kicking goals these days unless they're 80 minute players in the mould of Fitzgibbon.

Come on guys, King is just so much better, offer him the world, you don't want that crappy Berrigan fella, let him be a blight on the poor ol Broncos, trust me ;-)

Master Vippo

Juniors
Corey Parker has resigned now hasnt he? He said he wanted to be "a 12 year bronco" or something like that. Good on him.

Kiwi

First Grade
Learoyd has gone to the Raiders. They offered him more than the Broncos could ( 220,000 a year over 4 years ). Not really a big loss, I wish him all the best and hope he lives up to his potential for the green machine.

Latest posts