What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Premiership Betting Market

bartman

Immortal
Seems fairly acurate spread of likely contenders.

West Tigers price should be up with Cronulla and the Warriors. They just missed the 8 this year.

Canberra, Manly and Souths odds aren't good value even at those prices. :lol:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
If anything it will be his assistant coaches who get all the plaudits.

With any luck they won't be assistant coaches by round 5.

If the Raiders are at $51/34, why aren't the Warriors? Somebody knows something.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
I'm putting $50 on Manly for the 8 for sure...That wil be a f**king nice return come September.

Special K

Coach
CC_Eagle said:
I'm putting $50 on Manly for the 8 for sure...That wil be a f***ing nice return come September.
bye bye $50

maybe you should put the 50 on manly for the spoon if you want a return ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
ill throw a lazy 10 on the raiders for the comp as i do every year
doubt it will come through but who knows :)

Parra ahead of Melbourne...what a load of rubbish.

St George are good odds if you want to waste a bit of cash !!!...

:mrgreen:

Surandy

Bench
kia ora storm said:
Parra ahead of Melbourne...what a load of rubbish.

Looking at the two teams, coach included, the ONLY way Parramatta could be on better odds than Melbourne is for the wooden spoon!

El Diablo

Post Whore
What kind of people whinge about their teams odds :?

Go put some money on them if you think they're so outrageous.

Surandy

Bench
El Diablo said:
What kind of people whinge about their teams odds :?

Go put some money on them if you think they're so outrageous.

Don't worry mate, I'll be doing exactly that in the next week or two. I'd do it right now but I'm skint.

bartman

Immortal
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Funny how everyone is an expert on next years market.

A market is just that - a prediction in odds based on balance between expected incomes and outlays. We're in the same boat as those setting the markets in advance of next year, so it not hard to be an "expert" about it.

As was said by El Diablo, if you think any of it's outrageous go and put some cash on the juicy odds.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
bartman said:
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Funny how everyone is an expert on next years market.

A market is just that - a prediction in odds based on balance between expected incomes and outlays. We're in the same boat as those setting the markets in advance of next year, so it not hard to be an "expert" about it.

As was said by El Diablo, if you think any of it's outrageous go and put some cash on the juicy odds.

Actually it's not the market I have a problem with. It's is when experts are giving friendly tips that if they have put their money on they have thrown it away already.

Penrith proved it last season. Outrageous bets do come true. I have been on the best end of one myself thanks to Manly.

greentooth

Juniors
Manly will surprise a lot of people next year. I think they're a dark horse for the top 8. They did score more points than brisbane last season.