What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2005 Semi - Was Trent Barrett Held?

Was Trent Barrett held?

• Total voters
1989 Harrigan / Walters / McGuire one has to be the worst call in history. That's what f**ked us, not the missed field goal or the ankle tap.

or your coach replacing your 2 frontrowers , or jack and pearce knocking on , or steve jackson storming through a heap of players to score a try in extra time.

mepelthwack

Juniors
or your coach replacing your 2 frontrowers , or jack and pearce knocking on , or steve jackson storming through a heap of players to score a try in extra time.

ummm there woulda been no extra team if not for Harrigan's mistake and none of the other things would have mattered either.

ummm there woulda been no extra team if not for Harrigan's mistake and none of the other things would have mattered either.

its the best word in the english dictionary.

what happens IF the ball doesnt bounce away from Belcher. or IF Todd doesnt throw the intercept , then this ruling by Harrigan wouldnt matter either.

mepelthwack

Juniors
its the best word in the english dictionary.

what happens IF the ball doesnt bounce away from Belcher. or IF Todd doesnt throw the intercept , then this ruling by Harrigan wouldnt matter either.

Except that as soon as those things happened, relatively early in the match then whole course of the game changes. Canberra could of won, Balmain could of won as well, who knows?

What we all do know is, that Harrigan kept Canberra in the game at a crucial, late moment in that Grand Final through an official error in judgement. Had he ruled correctly it's doubtful the game would of gone to extra time.

God-King Dean

Immortal
He was, but I don't blame Barrett for getting up & running.

Obviously didn't hear 'held', & being grabbed by the jersey while on the ground is hardly a convincing tackle.

SET2JT

Juniors
i was at the game and being a dragons supporter i thought we were ripped off.I dont think Barret was held long enough but thats history now.

Except that as soon as those things happened, relatively early in the match then whole course of the game changes. Canberra could of won, Balmain could of won as well, who knows?

What we all do know is, that Harrigan kept Canberra in the game at a crucial, late moment in that Grand Final through an official error in judgement. Had he ruled correctly it's doubtful the game would of gone to extra time.

There was a bit of play between that penalty and chicka scoring the try to send it to extra time. If the Tigers were good enough they would of won the game regardless.
Its regarded as the best GF ever , thats how i remember it to.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I recall being mightily pissed off by the call at the time, as the Tigers scored from the ensuing set and we were gone. The fact of the matter is, however, that the Tigers were a mile the better side on the night, and deservedly won. The Dragons were nowhere near good enough to be able to claim a single bad call cost them.

Latest posts