What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 changes

Humphrey

Juniors
I heard that the NZRL will be changing the Bartercard for 2006 and instead of having 8 teams auckland will have 5. So my predications for the 2006 playoffs are:
1. Auckland
2. Auckland
3. Auckland
4, Auckland
5. Auckland

The NZRL think this will disperse the players to the franchises outside of Auckland but thats cr*p as there isnt enough money for players in the Bartercard to be an incentive to move. All it will do is see the surplus go off shore where they can earn good money in country NSW and Qld regions

I also heard that the teams dont have to be club owned so maybe the Warriors will put in a bid to run a franchise

Martli

Coach
Humphrey said:
I also heard that the teams dont have to be club owned so maybe the Warriors will put in a bid to run a franchise

That's what the warriors need, but I reckon it needs to be in Jersy Flegg and PL. If they had a batercard team then it would put all the top Batercard players into one team that would dominate too much. No Leleui and Vatuvei for Otahuhu/Ellerslie etc.

Skinner

Coach
Humphrey said:
I heard that the NZRL will be changing the Bartercard for 2006 and instead of having 8 teams auckland will have 5. So my predications for the 2006 playoffs are:
1. Auckland
2. Auckland
3. Auckland
4, Auckland
5. Auckland

The NZRL think this will disperse the players to the franchises outside of Auckland but thats cr*p as there isnt enough money for players in the Bartercard to be an incentive to move. All it will do is see the surplus go off shore where they can earn good money in country NSW and Qld regions

I am presuming that the Jafa franchises will be based on geographics :
North, South, East, West and Central. Is this the case ?

Skinner

Humphrey

Juniors
Didnt hear anything about the areas sorry Skinz but I cant imagine theyd be doing it differently to that except as I said if the Warriors have a team

Humphrey

Juniors
Anyone does by the looks of things mate. It seems all bets are off after the coming season and its up to every club or group of clubs to put there best application in for 2006. Since Glenora hasnt done too well since Bartercard started maybe another westie club should have a shot at it.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
the tats have been keen on getting into the bartercard for awhile now. they are well off money wise (cause they are cheap bastards) and have a decent ground and good viewing from the club house. the club is easy to get too, just off the nw motorway and they have a good coach in sammy!!

TE ATATU ROOSTERS, BARTERCARD CUP CHAMPIONS 2006 :D

Skinner

Coach
Dirty Hoe said:
the tats have been keen on getting into the bartercard for awhile now. they are well off money wise (cause they are cheap bastards) and have a decent ground and good viewing from the club house. the club is easy to get too, just off the nw motorway and they have a good coach in sammy!!

TE ATATU ROOSTERS, BARTERCARD CUP CHAMPIONS 2006 :D

Jeez mate...Saatchi's are after ad guys like you :lol: :lol:

Art Vanderlay

Juniors
sorry Hump. The Canterbury Bulls will still fill one of those top 5 places!!!!
as they have since the start of the BC

Bulls have won the BC twice!!!!![/quote]

Latest posts