What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Finals series -worst ever

What a load of rubbish that was served up by the so called top 8 teams in this seasons finals series.

The NRL are kidding themselves if they think this will make the game more popular.- It will turn people off the game for sure and certain.

The following is a very honest assessment of all games in 2006 series which of course some won't like - But you all need to wake up to the NRL and the way they are ruining your game.- Gallop has to go

Week 1 -

Storm v Eels - a sure cure for insomnia - the storm would have won even if they have left the ground and gone home at half time and parra played to midnight.- Game rating 1/10- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dogs v Raiders - The dogs would have been better off having a training run but then again this was what all this game was. Game rating 2.5/10

Broncos v Dragons - Even souths would have beaten the bronco's and the dragons were surely kidding themselves if they ever thought they could win the comp with this performance.- Game rating 3/10

Knights v Eagles - the game only just reached average heights when the scores were close - both teams making up the numbers - Game rating 4.5/10

Week 2

Dragons v Eagles - the game was over before it even started - the eagles best scoring chance was the intercept and apart from that they offered nothing all night - dragons were in second gear but this is about the level they play most of the time. Game rating 3/10

Knights v Bronco's - knights had obviously booked their end of season trip early as they showed very little interest in even attempting to make a game of it. Bronco's beginning to shape as the NEW Steve Bradbury team.- Game rating 2/10

Week 3

Storm v Dragons - a very one sided affair - dragons never looked like winning and the storm never looked like losing. dragons with the so called best roster in the league either will have to get new staff for their roster or put some of the players on an earlier roster (i.e premier league) or get a new coach. Game rating 3/10

Dogs v Bronco's - Dogs wrapped up the game in their own minds at half time and didn't think they had to do anything else.Dogs fans still wondering what happened. Bronco's now definately the Steve Bradbury team with that come from behind win.- Game rating 5/10

Week 4

Storm v Bronco's- NRL were smiles all round all week with this g/f but the back slapping and smiles turned to despair and frowns due to a sub standard game dished up by these 2 teams and officials and a chronic lack of interest by sydney fans in the game. Will go down as one of the worst g/f's - even though i didn't watch it i saw enough on news/sports programs to give the Game Rating of - 3.5/10

Wests-Tigers hand over the Steve Bradbury trophy to the Bronco's.

2007 awaits

miccle

Bench
Bye Marshall - off to another more 'exciting' sport for you mate, you have NFI.

gregstar

Referee
gregstar said:
it took well over 800 posts but well done.

unless of course someone with common sense has hijacked your keyboard.

apologies - normal service has resumed.

miccle

Bench
I wonder how he'd rate the games that the Roosters played in, R1-R26.

2005 and 2006 mind you.

Marshall thinks every game has been horrible ever since the Roosters won almost half a decade ago :lol:

salivor

First Grade
This is what happens when communism breaks down, dropkicks like this get the right to an opinion, back in Soviet Russia you would've just been given a bullet in the head, I'm with you Marshall, bring back those glory days!

gregstar

Referee
just out of curiousity is marshall always like this?
no.

he's actually more stupid than this.

this thread ranks as an einstein offering compared to his usual efforts which are as funny as the somme.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Not one of your better threads Marshall. Actually this the top 8 was more competitive then ever, and the Melbourne vs Eels game was a great game...almost down to the last play.

Red_Devil

Juniors
marshall stalin said:
even though i didn't watch it i saw enough on news/sports programs to give the Game Rating of - 3.5/10

Wow, I guess that makes you opinion worth a bit then eh, you saw the highlights, my God!

salivor said:
This is what happens when communism breaks down, dropkicks like this get the right to an opinion, back in Soviet Russia you would've just been given a bullet in the head, I'm with you Marshall, bring back those glory days!

I read that 60% of bronco fans didn;t even start high school and 45% have an iq of less than 80.:crazy:

Red_Devil said:
Wow, I guess that makes you opinion worth a bit then eh, you saw the highlights, my God!

they really struggled to find any highlights of such a poor match. no atmosphere and no interest. seen so many empty seats it was laughable.

get rid of gallopp

eels_fan_01

Bench
Why is everyone critising this year, honestly. In 2006 we sore the Broncos get out of there end of year slump, the Storm play some of the most exciting football in years, Eels pick themselves up from 2nd last to come up 8th with a new coach and Raiders make the 8 when they were tipped for the wooden spoon.

Ill admit it wasnt as good as last year but last year was one of the best ever so just get over it and support rugby league.

salivor

First Grade
marshall stalin said:
I read that 60% of bronco fans didn;t even start high school and 45% have an iq of less than 80.:crazy:

How many millions did Stalin kill? I'm sure adding one more to the total wouldn't hurt.

super_coach

First Grade
I think the whole standard of 2006 was down on 2005,but that was mainly down to the slowing down of the play the ball and the lack of control of the ruck by the refs a directive from Finch and headoffice

But the Bronks were great and the storm were a hot team for the most part of the year.I thought the gf was a great game except for some bad ref decisions,but the best team won on the day and thats all you can ask for

Jono078

Referee
This years finals series was one of the worst ive personally seen.

Besides for the first match (Knights V Eagles) the rest werent much IMO.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Couldnt agree more super coach. I didnt enjoy it as much as 2005. But I did enjoy the second half of the season, mainly because Parramatta had a good turnaround with JT coaching.

salivor said:
How many millions did Stalin kill? I'm sure adding one more to the total wouldn't hurt.

By Soviet Order KXZY 967257 AT you are banished for 25 years hard labour to Slavlov Gulag in East Siberia. :x

Kornstar

Coach
I was at the GF and i can tell you that there was a great atmosphere.......

I thought there was more atmosphere this year than last year!!!!

Latest posts