What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Premiers who will win it?

Who will win the 2006 Grand Final

• Broncos

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Storm

Votes: 22 44.0%

• Total voters

RABK

Referee
Storm - simply brilliant.

They know how to beat the Broncos and really have the wood over them.

I won $500 on Inglis as first try scorer and $160 on Melbourne 13+ tonight. I'll be happy to back both again next week.

i think it should be a cracker,
main reason why i think brisbane will win it, is i think they will send webce out a winner..

The Storms biggest concern is that when they hold a narrow lead they become inhibited- ball movement is restricted and they rely heavily on dummy half running and a sound kicking game from both Cronk + Smith. Their approach becomes overly conservative; I was astounded that they had two shots at field goal and continually hoisted the bomb up on the last to little avail.

If Brisbane throw caution to the wind I foresee an upset.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'd love to see Webcke go out a winner, but it's hard to go past the Storm.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Despite the persistent ignorance on this board of those who don't rate Melbourne, as evidenced by the lopsided vote in Brisbane's favour, the Storm are the best team of 2006 and will be the premiers.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Heart says Storm but mind is thinking Broncos..................:-k ](*,) either way this will be a great G/F to watch! :thumn fingers crossed for the Storm! ;-)

philstorm

Juniors
Webcke is going, but does anyone want to mention how the Storm might want to send Kidders and Hill off on a good note? :roll:

Ghoulies

Bench
philstorm said:
Webcke is going, but does anyone want to mention how the Storm might want to send Kidders and Hill off on a good note? :roll:
No offence to them, but Kidwell and Hill moving on to make a buck or two in the ESL/Souths is hardly as noteworthy as the retirement of one of the games greatest ever props.

Besides, I'm sure it'll rate some sort of mention in the grand final build up.

philstorm

Juniors
Ghoulies said:
No offence to them, but Kidwell and Hill moving on to make a buck or two in the ESL/Souths is hardly as noteworthy as the retirement of one of the games greatest ever props.

Besides, I'm sure it'll rate some sort of mention in the grand final build up.

True, in comparison to Webcke in the overall scheme of things, it's nothing, but Hill and Kidders are two of our captains. I daresay the boys will be pumped to send them out on a high ...

Mr Saab

Referee
Geyer has a 2 yr contract i think. Def not his last yr.
As for the GF, of course i think the Bronx will win, but i wont be overly dissapointed to lose the Storm and Craig Bellamy.

JJ

Immortal
effnic said:
What about Geyer will it be his last?

he's a nice guy, but a liability... that side leaks and Lockyer will target it. Bellamy is brilliant, but how Webster is out for Geyer beyond comprehension

Brisbane off a bit of Lockyer brilliance very late... and Lockyer to win the Churchill medal

imasharkie

Coach
Two from two for me this weekend.

Happy to see the Doggies are out. Couldn't put up with a year of Timmah.

The best team on paper is gorne for another year. They call us the chokers. We have nothing on the Stain George team. A team chockful of superstars and the benchmark team according to their supporters.

I was a very happy and drunk man after the game last night.

GO THE BRONCOS

Cranky

Juniors
jimmy_the_greek said:
i think it should be a cracker,
main reason why i think brisbane will win it, is i think they will send webce out a winner..
Send offs and milestone games don't count in a grandfinal IMO. Both teams are primed and at their best come the big one. They only really work in home and away games.

Latest posts