What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 Presentation Night

Due to an unexpected hospitalisation in the family, I'm going to be here for this one (I fly out again for parts oriental on Tuesday).

So, if I turn up, does that mean I'll get the "Longest Commute To See The Jets In Their GFs Award"?

Also, what's on the Menu for Tuesday night? Jeffles - feel free to tempt us with descriptions of the sumptuous feast that awaits us (or is it going to be a Ribs-esque "lets get rid of the left-over canteen pies" kind of deal?).

Regards,
TDT-1

I would like to as I really got into the season this year, however have got an assignment due that will prevent me from doing so, not to mention taking up my entire weekend.

TDT-1 Did you actually come back for the GF? If so I reckon you deserve an award mate!

2 True Blues

Coach
Can't make it this year. Am working nightwork the next few nights.....Think the oldies are going. Hope the night is good guys and gals. Let us know how it went. Thanks...........

Jeffles

Bench
I'm about to go back now. Have been there all day setting up. There will be 210 in attendance tonight. There are more sponsors going this year than last. A table of Roosters fans will be in attendance and the players are bringing more guests than they did last year. Some are bringing girlfriends and parents.

The turnout from ordinary Newtown fans could be better. I hope more of you come next year. It is always a good night - the cheapest of our functions and the one where you are closest to our playing squad.

I'll report back later tonight (or tomorrow if it's that kinda night).

Ambrosia

Juniors
It was a good night - couldn't believe how nice the decorations were! The food was delicious too :D

Jeffles

Bench
It was a great night. I had a good time. It was great to see the complete range of Newtown characters - gave many there an insight into the club.

bluebag43

Juniors
Yeah, it was a good night and I had the honour of accepting an Award for my two fellow volunteers in the Hill Bar.

It was also interesting to note that in the message from Terry Rowney the Club is still attempting to find a sponsor for the Jim Beam side.

2 True Blues

Coach
Wish I was there mate. So if they are trying to find a sponsor does that mean if they fail to do so there will be no Beam side in 2007 ???