What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2006 revisited

Since 73

First Grade
Stuart is a coach not a magician.
Is it an ego trip or what if he thinks he can come in and send out the same blokes in the same positions as Raper and do better. Surely he doesn't have to prove anything to the board by saying "I can win with the team that Roper couldn't win with".

We could not win with Kimmorely at halfback last year and we will not win this year either.
That is simply a FACT!
Whether it's his fault or the other 16 blokes who cares.
We cannot score points with him at 7.
Nobody has ever won a premiership by averaging 16-18 points for the year.
And if we think we are going to make the 8 relying on pushover tries or barges from dummy half, well think again

We have the worst kicking game in the whole competition.
It builds no pressure whatsover - NONE!!!!
We attack for 6, handover, play for 6, handover, play for 6 handover,....... I could coach against that.
It's beyond being funny and it's gone on for too long.

I ain't got Fox so I go to the club/pub to watch and I am not spending any more money watching that rubbish till we get a new halfback.
It's like being stuck in a timewarp that never ends.

Kimmorely actually threw a pass to a winger tonite in the 78th minute.
Deadset, he hasn't done that for 3 years.

And S73 it was very close to being intercepted ala Origin.

Geez, he just offers nothing but defense. It must be so frustrating being a back in that side and waiting for the 1/2 to send the ball your way.

samshark

Juniors
Very true, and remember a few weeks ago when most on here were getting all fluffy, making big predictions for the year.

Well, there were a couple of us saying wait a minute, there are a lot of question marks over this squad. And now we are seeing those question marks just not improving.

Time for the big changes Ricky.

fizman

Bench
The way we are playing does not allow for backline movement through the 1/2. 5/8, centres and wingers. Notice how either Bird or Thompson was always in the backline when we were on attack?? Bird on the Left and Thommo on the right.

Inferno

Coach
I've mentioned it in another thread but if Noddy is selected next week and dishes up the same sh*t, Sticky has to shoulder a lot of the blame.

Come on mate, you dumped him once after 1 game, you can do it again!!!

fizman

Bench
Inferno said:
I've mentioned it in another thread but if Noddy is selected next week and dishes up the same sh*t, Sticky has to shoulder a lot of the blame.

Come on mate, you dumped him once after 1 game, you can do it again!!!

hahahahahaha

sticky ricky

Juniors
Since 73 said:
Kimmorely actually threw a pass to a winger tonite in the 78th minute.
Deadset, he hasn't done that for 3 years.

And FMD we scored from it...

What Inferno said before in another thread is right, he touches the ball three times per set and fires short passes to a forward usually inside balls. It just gives the opposition more time to rush up and kill our momentum.

He's got to go.

Inferno

Coach
Sheros los Deros said:
Fact is we have a weaker squad than last year. Stuart is coaching a squad with less depth than the one Raper had.

The only position that has been weakened is the backrow and even then at full strength we have Gallen, Thommo, Bird, Wierdo, Loo Loo and Ciraldo with decent first grade experience.

Every other position we've gained a few IMO.

Prop we gained Greenfield and Stapler.

Halves we gained Seymour

Hooker - De Gois

Backs - Stephenson, Taulapapa and Cooper.

Where do you think we are weaker Sheros?

chili pepper

Bench
Inferno said:
The only position that has been weakened is the backrow and even then at full strength we have Gallen, Thommo, Bird, Wierdo, Loo Loo and Ciraldo with decent first grade experience.

Halves we gained Seymour

Hooker - De Gois

Noddy & Dykes got worse.

I think our squad is stronger - not that that's hard

Inferno said:

Halves we gained Seymour

Hooker - De Gois

I guess my assessment is based on a comparison of our top 4 squads of the past, going way back to 1978. These squads were strong right across the park. This years just doesn't stack up in my opinion.

The weaknesses? Definately in the backs. Fullback, Centre, Winger, also second row, prop, hooker. We've signed cast offs from other NRL clubs, players that couldn't get a regular first grade spot in the NRL. Many players with limited number of NRL games compared to what we have lost.

Over the last two years we've lost or let go, Bailey, Peachey, Nutley, Stevo, Mellor, Vagana, Sullivan. Heaps and heaps of experience.

With all due respect to Loo Loo and Ciraldo, our second row depth become thin after Bird, Thommo, Gallen and Williams.

I don't rate Stephenson or Cooper. Taulapapa has played only a handful of first grade games. These are not the type of players that will get you into the top 4.

Seymour has had a chequered career with the Broncos, and by all reports isn't setting PL on fire. Greenfield has promise, has played few NRL games, but couldn't get a place in the wooden spoon souths squad.

When you compare our squad objectively with the stronger NRL sides, I simply can't see why we would be a top 4 contender.

fatshark

Bench
Squad is certainly Rapers and Pierces' shocking buys. I still think our pack is one of the best but besides that we have nothing. If we make the 8, Ricky is a genius.

Since 73

First Grade
I don't think we miss bailey, Albert and Vags much as Noddy never sent the pill their way.
Vags came into the frame a lot more when Noddy was out and Dykes/Kearney were the halves, but once Noddy returned he put a stop to that.

Latu is the one guy we miss, whether de Gois can reproduce his form will become more e
evident.
Ross and Stapleton are strengths we didn't have last year

Hannay is weak and not NRL first grade form.
I think Sticky will strenthen the 3/4's with guys who aren't playing in those positions at the moment before we hit mid season.
We need strike power - we need to be able to score 30 points plus a game to compete with Storm and Cowboys and we need a halfback who can utilise that strike power if we find it.
At the moment hannay and Covell are not that strike power and Kimmorely has neither the inclination nor the ability to get the ball to anybody wide.

Latest posts