What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Confirmed Signings

st.george4life

Juniors
Not to mention we also have signed Rangi Chase from the Tigers and also have Brad Davidson who also extend his stay at the Dragons, both these guys are Hookers as well..
I don't think we have signed Nick Doig, he may trial for a position, or end up in the Wollongong comp...

sharkadelic

Juniors
Inferno said:
lol if its true.

How many hookers do the Stains want. Already have Woolforde, Young and Caine.

Germ spends most of his year suspended, so they may need an extra. The competition for penalties conceded between him and Ryles will be breathtaking. :lol:

shaggs

Coach
Nick Doig looks like playing forcollegians in the illawarra comp, whilst toshio laisieni is at the cowboys

Stagger eel

Staff member
Richard Fa'aosso - Parramatta [1 year]

No link, but it is revealed on an official document sent out to the football club members.

Big Mick

Referee
legend said:
Just the tye of move I'd expect Matt Elliott to make. I thought they'd sign Mogg as well.

Care to explain why its a bad move?

Our halves options for next year are very inexperienced:

Jarrod Sammut - 0 First Grade games. Looks the goods but he is a bit small atm. Jersey Flegg five-eight.

Dean Caldwell - Had fair share of injuries. No first grade games. Great player when fit...but untried.

Craig Trindall - Old, only 3-4 first grade games.

Peter Wallace - 1 game. Had 2-3 knee reconstructions in that many seasons

Brett Firman provides an experienced option in case one of those doesn't work out. It also provides a backup for Gower should he go down.

RainMan

Juniors
eelavation said:
Richard Fa'aosso - Parramatta [1 year]

No link, but it is revealed on an official document sent out to the football club members.

Good buy. Should be in the starting 17 for Parra?

Sanchez

Coach
Big Mick © said:
Brett Firman --> Penrith

www.panthers.com.au

He will be trialing for a contract.

He'll play in both trials and if successful will get a minimum contract for one season.
good move imo. you cant expect to go a whole season of nrl and premier league and be succesful with only one experienced half

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah I noticed Firman is on trial for the Panthers, could come close to buy of the season if he performs to potential.

legend

Coach
Firman is rubbish. He's been at four clubs in four years so what does that tell you?

Sharks, Dragons, Roosters and Cowboys all flicked him because he is crap. He plays maybe one good game a year and has no short kicking game at all. Inside the 20 he is useless and more often than not will put the ball over the dead ball line with consumate ease.

In short, he sucks!

Stagger eel

Staff member
RainMan said:
Good buy. Should be in the starting 17 for Parra?

it's difficult to say at this stage, he's a genuine benchy but there is quite alot of competion in the backrow and the likes of Taia, Hauraki, Lowrie will have a little bit to say about that..he also has the Hindmarsh boys, Robo and Wags potentially in front of him, but in saying that we're really excited about his signing.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
legend said:
Sharks, Dragons, Roosters and Cowboys all flicked him

Didn't the Roosters get him from the Dragons because of a pretty good contract offer? They tried to keep him as a hooker if I recall correctly and the Roosters made a big money offer to him as a half so he took it. And I thought the Dragons got him as a promising lower grader, not that he got the flick from the Sharkies and had to take the Dragons as a lifeline (bloody good lifeline if that is what happened).

He was good in 2003 and showed a bit of it towards the end of 2005, he's still young so I don't know why you'd consider this a bad buy for a team with no halves depth.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Totally forget Mateo who is better then Zeb etc dude.

no I haven't...I personally see Feleti as a long term five eight and a utility off the bench who could probably fit in any spot on the ground in spirts.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, he looks ideal to be Widders replacement

at 6'4" I cant see him being a permanent 5/8

Daza_06

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Didn't the Roosters get him from the Dragons because of a pretty good contract offer? They tried to keep him as a hooker if I recall correctly and the Roosters made a big money offer to him as a half so he took it. And I thought the Dragons got him as a promising lower grader, not that he got the flick from the Sharkies and had to take the Dragons as a lifeline (bloody good lifeline if that is what happened).

He was good in 2003 and showed a bit of it towards the end of 2005, he's still young so I don't know why you'd consider this a bad buy for a team with no halves depth.

Thats what i thought. He could turn out good.

Latest posts