What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Flegg side

Fibroman

First Grade
I have been to all but a couple of home games this year and watched all three grades.

This year's Jersey Flegg team have impressed me to no end.

They aren't the biggest side in the world, and have a couple of 16 year old kids running around, but they have absolutely demolished some of their opposition this year.

Last night's 50 point demolition of Souths was nothing short of sensational.

Highlights for Fibro:

McKendry adds tremendous impact in the forward pack and is destined for 1st grade, perhaps even towards the end of next year.

Hlad is the Flegg equivalent of Frank Puletua. Eats the metres and tackles to a standstill.

Blackett is rock solid and can fill front row to lock if required.

Paulo reminds me of a young Tony Puletua.

Wade Graham has a heap of potential.

Waddell will partner Jennings in the centres in 2009.

A heap of other talent, but they are my standouts.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I agree with everything.

I sat with one of the Flegg boys during the PL game, and we were both just amazed that the side that smashed Souths were no where near full-strength. Jarrod Sammut,Charles Enosi,Chris Ward,David Georgiou,Jamie Theoharous and Michael Leeds all didnt play yesterday in Flegg.

Fibroman

First Grade
Sammut was hobbling pretty badly on crutches at the game. I know he only had very monor surgery on the knee, but is 2 weeks long enough to get back to 100%?

I'm sure he will be fit for the GF, should the side win in a fortnights time. I feel sorry for young Lachlan Coote if he is, because Sammut would have to be an automatic inclusion in the side if fit.

Kilkenny

Coach
Fibroman said:
Sammut was hobbling pretty badly on crutches at the game. I know he only had very monor surgery on the knee, but is 2 weeks long enough to get back to 100%?

I'm sure he will be fit for the GF, should the side win in a fortnights time. I feel sorry for young Lachlan Coote if he is, because Sammut would have to be an automatic inclusion in the side if fit.

Embarassment of riches.