What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Jersey Flegg Gains and Losses

girvie

Staff member
wayne challis said:
Thanks Girvie,
In regards to the Roosters 'unknowns' Hogan, Lane, Millington, Savage & Watts have all been retained. Source: Roosters website contracts page.

Joseph Cahill (Lock) appears to have been released along with the hooker Lewis Brown. I can't understand them letting Brown go as he looked good every time I saw him play.
Thanks. Am i right in thinking that Millington, Savage and Watts are all too old for Flegg next year?

I just found out Lewi Brown has gone to the Tigers.

Rise_Above13

Juniors
Central Coast Storm

Retained
Mitchell Ayres (Second Row/Lock/Hooker), Daniel Luongo (Second Row)

Tom Hillard (Second Row/Prop) - Might stay but has an offer from souths

Dave Sainty - Entrance Jim Beam
Brayden Cain - Erina Jim Beam
Mark Brown - Ourimbah First Grade
Chris Mortimer - Erina
Jason McLaren - Woy Woy First Grade

lugsy

Juniors
wayne challis said:
Other new recruits for the Roosters likely to appear in Flegg include:

Ben Jones (a gun centre from Redcliffe who starred in the Qld u/17 rep team)
Allan Heldsinger (Mackay u/19 rep fullback)
Javarn White (Rockhampton u/19 rep fullback)
Antonio Winterstein (Souths Logan Colts & Marsden SHS)
Martin Kennedy (Ipswich Jets & Qld u/17 second row)
Do you know if we've still kept Kurt Mulcahy under contract?

groggo

Juniors
girvie said:
South Sydney Rabbitohs

Gains from other clubs for 2007:
Ronald Bamblett, Nathan Barakat, Richard Barrett, Tim Browne, Dallin Edwards, Brad Ellis, Jade Hooper, Joseph Iosefo, Ian Kwok, Dale Langford (Prop) – Central Coast Flegg, Isaac Luke (Fullback) – Canterbury, Kuki Maafu, David McKay, James McMillan, Ray Ogle, Caleb Reedy, Matthew Sokkar, RJ Stanton, Robert Talai, Chris Troutman,

Retained Players for 2007:
Stephen Coleman (Centre/Wing), Jarrett Douglas (Second Row), Beau Falloon (Lock/Five-Eighth), Ricky Fojt (Wing), Sam Huihahau (Wing), Chris Hyde, Jamie Ingram (Fullback), Chad Isles (Hooker), Fonua Leao (Second Row), Shane Lewis (Prop), Anga Moli (Centre), Chad North (Centre/Five-Eighth/Lock), Eddie Paea (Five-Eighth), Edward Pettybourne (Prop), Troy Seelin (Lock), Adam Swadling (Second Row), Ray Tafokitau (Centre), Fetuli Talanoa (Centre), Trent Trotter (Halfback), Albert Tuara (Prop).

a little bird tells me chads on the move to the sharks

Rise_Above13

Juniors
Central Coast Storm

Alot of players are still deciding on deals with souths... from what they tell me

Troy Woodley (Five-Eighth/Centre) - Kincumber
Daniel York (Prop) - Erina
Blake Peachy (Centre/Wing) - Kincumber
Mitchell Renouf (Second Row) - The Entrance

girvie

Staff member
Rise_Above13 said:
Central Coast Storm

Alot of players are still deciding on deals with souths... from what they tell me
That's interesting.

Dale Langford was named in Souths train on squad. Along with Tom Hillard can you tell me who else might be going to Souths?

girvie

Staff member
wayne challis said:
Other new recruits for the Roosters likely to appear in Flegg include:

Ben Jones (a gun centre from Redcliffe who starred in the Qld u/17 rep team)
I think Ben Jones will be a player to watch for the future. I don't know if he will play Flegg next year though because he is only Under-16 this year. Perhaps he will get called up after SG Ball.

He played SG Ball for the Roosters this year despite being Harold Matthews age group.

He played Halfback for the Qld Indigenous Under-16s team this year and also played for Qld Under-18s schoolboys side this season.

Was player of the tournament at the Australian Under-15s National Championships in 2005.

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
Chad Isles as stated in Premier League forum is training with the sharks and is trialing for a contract he has also quit his job to concentrate on footy

Dutchy

Immortal
no good...wont be back till April

had surgery...3rd full running session...f**ked up again...

need more surgery...ive been scratched from next season squad...playing back at Newy Wests when I get back....will be on a call up list incase we run into injuries though...

I will email ya signings for Manly flegg if ya PM me ya addy

Sugar

Bench
I have been told that Tapu Rea has signed with parramatta
He is a 17yo wing/fullback/centre played A grade for cairns kangaroos this year a try scoring machine must have pushed close to 30 tries this year,
hope he makes it down there i will follow his progress

Shadow Man

Juniors
Ben Harden Tom Pritchard and Wireemu Weepu have all been retained by Panthers. The penrith squad has been culled to form two squads the first is the Flegg squad and the other is the under 20 emerging squad where the culled flegg players drop back to.
The emerging squad has been developed so that panthers retain their players for the start of the 2008 National U20's comp. They train 3 nights a week so they can also be utilised as a shadow squad for the flegg squad.
I think the flegg squad is now down to approx. 28 players.

Girvie i no Panthers have taken a few of your players this year, Tupou Peau, Nathen Searle and Gavin Duncan have all come pack to the foot of the mountains.
As for Norths Flegg Ross Tusa, Harris Molesi, Brett Smith, and Curtis are all from the penrith district and are all very good players.

Harris didnt make last years ball side so he moved to St george where he played one game, enormous potential but no discipline.

Ross Tusa half/hooker small fella but has a big heart, if hes going to be useful for norths this year he has to work on his kicking game.

Brett Smith is a utility, he can play almost anywhere, but he needs to bulk up to make any impact at all.

Curtis is exremely fast and has great feet. Hes never played rep before but for mine he is your best purchase.

Latest posts