What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Superleague shirts

deluded pom?

Coach
yakstorm said:
Deluded, Hull KR isn't forgetting their heritage, the original KR strip was red with a blue band across the middle of the jersey, much similar to the design they are using here.

KR had a similar design during the 80's for their centenary season and have used Blue multiple times before.

Don't take this the wrong way Yak but I'm from Hull and I know Rovers' history.I did mention in my original post that they were Rovers' original colours .I also remember them wearing red with a blue band for their centenary season. Then, they wore royal blue , this shirt is navy blue. They have used blue before but never as the dominant colour in their home shirt.They obviously don't know their own history.Hull K.R. always were and always should be white with a red band.If this is not to be then we can dispense with the Robins nickname as I have NEVER seen a red and blue robin in my life.I also despise clollars with a V neck with a vengeance :x

jed

First Grade
Bulls Centenary jersey...
centenaryall.jpg

centenarytop.jpg

Good to see an old-school cotton jersey with long sleeves

jed

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
If this is not to be then we can dispense with the Robins nickname as I have NEVER seen a red and blue robin in my life.
I think you're onto something here... I've never seen a yellow & blue rhino, a white, red, amber & black bull, a yellow & blue wolf, or a red, white & blue wildcat.

I'm drafting an email to the RFL, demanding that these misleading teams be evicted from Superleague immediately :p

deluded pom?

Coach
jed said:
I think you're onto something here... I've never seen a yellow & blue rhino, a white, red, amber & black bull, a yellow & blue wolf, or a red, white & blue wildcat.

I'm drafting an email to the RFL, demanding that these misleading teams be evicted from Superleague immediately :p

These are SL add ons jed and well you know it . Rovers have been the Robins decades before SL was a twinkle in uncle Rupert's eye.

jed

First Grade
Of the collarless shirts that have been posted so far, they've all got the sponsors there, aside from Wakey who have it at theirs at the very top of the shoulders.

JasonE

Bench
The Leeds home jersey is growing on me but i have to say both Wakey home and away are very good.

deluded pom?

Coach
LESStar58 said:
Why the f**k do ESL teams seem to change their strips every year?

So they can screw the gullible Pommie public. The poms will buy a new shirt every month if the clubs went down that path. Soccer change shirts roughly once every two years but take into consideration that they probably have three kits anyway. So there is always one kit that needs renewing. Instead of trying to generate new money English clubs just try and get more money from the same core fanbase. Also ask yourself how often Australian clubs change their shirts (be it the usual "home" shirt or a second shirt which very very few teams had ten years ago).

jed

First Grade
At least the NRL has said that the jerseys have to stay the same for 3 years, aside from special commemorative jerseys that are in addition to the Home and Alternate shirts.

The changes are frustrating - the only design re-used by the Bulls in recent years was the 2006 home shirt, everything else has been totally new.

buccaneer

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
So they can screw the gullible Pommie public. The poms will buy a new shirt every month if the clubs went down that path. Soccer change shirts roughly once every two years but take into consideration that they probably have three kits anyway. So there is always one kit that needs renewing. Instead of trying to generate new money English clubs just try and get more money from the same core fanbase. Also ask yourself how often Australian clubs change their shirts (be it the usual "home" shirt or a second shirt which very very few teams had ten years ago).

English Premier League football teams, Home shirt is every 2 years and 2nd 3rd kits can changed every season. 3rd kit is usually a classed as a training kit that can be used when your 1st & 2nd both clash with the other team.

I think Australian teams are changing kits a lot more than they ever used to. Didn't Souths have a new away kit last year and yet they are having 2 new kits this year.
And if you're a fan that wants the latest shirt, then no matter which team in the NRL you support, you need a new shirt. Same competition sponsor, yet a new logo on the shirts, so every single NRL shirt is different this season than last year. No fault of the clubs.

I have a friend, who owns a shop selling NRL gear, all the 2006 shirts that are not changing design would have been ok for 2007, but the Telstra logo change has now made those shirts obsolete.

So are SL clubs ripping fans off by asking them to spend £40-50 for a complete new shirt or are the NRL for asking fans to spend $150Aus to get the latest shirt, just because of a logo change

deluded pom?

Coach
I deplore the quick fix way of raising money. It's lazy and short termism. New supporters means new money. People will soon tire of having to fork out every season for a new shirt or most likely two new shirts. I have no problems with clubs changing their shirts every second season but virtually every club in ESL is changing BOTH home and away shirts EVERY season.At least clubs should have the decency to change only one shirt per season. Whilst gullible people are mug enough to buy them the clubs will gladly feed them. People get what people deserve at the end if the day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to see a lot of inverse designs based on the white away premise rather than colours that have ZERO to do with the club.

Looking good.

Although that said, a lot of teams like red, white, black and orange/yellow.

Latest posts