What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Season Guide

Whoosh

Juniors
Any word on when/if this publication will be released this year?

I haven't seen it on the shelves yet but being in Melbourne there's no guaranteee that it'll be on alot of shelves anyawy.

Any assistance would be appreciated ;-)

Big Pete

Referee
The last Big League stated it would be released mid-February so my guess would be sometime this week or next.

boonboon

Juniors
Please someone put a note on here when its released as iam over in the uk living and working for a while and will have to get my olds to buy a copy and send it on

Slackboy72

Coach
MagNation on elizabeth st would be your best bet. But sometimes the staff don't unpack them for display until the monday (which is pretty useless during the regular season). Go in and ask them and if they have them refuse to leave until they unpack one for you.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It, along with the first weekly issue of RLW hit stands today

hth

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Timmah said:
It, along with the first weekly issue of RLW hit stands today

hth
Had a look at the season guide, it's rubbish as usual. Every year the same thing, player squads, club records, and ticketing information. Only thing that changes are the players listed. Nothing so much as a written word that can't be found on a clubs website or nrl.com. It'd be at least nice to one year have an actual preview. Discuss each clubs strengths and weaknesses, new signings and talk a bit about the players.

Waste of $10 again.

I didn't see the new rlw on the shelves though.

Timmah

Staff member
That's exactly the point of it... f*ck there's no pleasing some people.

This year, seeing as you like to falsely advertise and expect something that isn't... they've actually got full profiles on all teams Toyota Cup squads too.

This is the pocket guide which has an interactive draw and team scoresheets... the BIG LEAGUE SEASON PREVIEW (which does as you ask) is released on Mon 3 Mar.

Get a life buddy, seriously. It's a publication that is SUPPOSED to be the same every year and the Season PREVIEW is the one that you're harping on about.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Timmah said:
That's exactly the point of it... f*ck there's no pleasing some people.

This year, seeing as you like to falsely advertise and expect something that isn't... they've actually got full profiles on all teams Toyota Cup squads too.
By got full profiles you mean have a player picture, and 3 or 4 lines of text which is all accessible on NRL.com. There is no written text about the clubs except for ticket information or club records. Even a 1 paragraph spiel about the season ahead would be good. If you think it's a good read, then good for you, personally I think it's rubbish and a waste of money. I do believe I'm entitled to my opinion as much as you. If you're happy paying $10 for the same information every year with 10 or so new faces in your teams colours, nothing else, then good for you.

Timmah said:
This is the pocket guide which has an interactive draw and team scoresheets... the BIG LEAGUE SEASON PREVIEW (which does as you ask) is released on Mon 3 Mar.
A season guide would be handy to have some information, not just stats not tied together IMO. Why do the two guides need to be separate entities? Quite easily they could be merged. A season guide to me SHOULD have experts comments and guides about the upcoming season.

Timmah said:
Get a life buddy, seriously. It's a publication that is SUPPOSED to be the same every year and the Season PREVIEW is the one that you're harping on about.
Did I reply to you aggressively? For $10 it doesn't present enough information that isn't already freely available IMO. I suggest you drop the attitude Timmah, I know you think you run this forum, but you're just a pathetic fool who'll say anything to boost his post count.

Good day to you sir, it was nice chatting with you.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Yeh it's not really a preview. I bought the guide last year but didn't really read it. Will wait for the season preview to come out

i like the one that comes in the sun herald every year. its small, has what i want and has other sports included.

i think i might have missed it

Timmah

Staff member
It never advertises itself as anything other than a guide. The preview is a completely seperate matter and advertises itself as such.

If you don't like it I don't see why you had to come in here blowing a trumpet about it. You're entitled to an opinion, sure, but it was ultimately worthless.

Ice777

Bench
Ahhh Timmah. I haven't posted in these parts for nearly 5 months and reading your posts in this thread alone it would appear that nothing whatsoever has changed.

I guess this time you can't accuse me of going missing in the off season because my team got done in the GF hey? And this year i've been gone even longer that last ;-)

Now lets get this season started!

I turned up as I have over the past two weeks hopeful of seeing it but as usual nothing instead I brought RLW, worst few $ I've spent in a while, just sh!t.

Johnny Bravo

Juniors
Timmah said:
It never advertises itself as anything other than a guide. The preview is a completely seperate matter and advertises itself as such.

If you don't like it I don't see why you had to come in here blowing a trumpet about it. You're entitled to an opinion, sure, but it was ultimately worthless.
It advertises itself as a season guide.
Does a tv guide have descriptions of television shows? Yes

This season guide does not. As I said from a season guide, I expect some text about a club or players that is simply not just a stat. You went off half-cocked and abused me for no reason. For someone with 45,000 posts (get out much?), you'd think you would have thought you'd have learnt some common courtesy by now.

Timmah

Staff member
Sounds to me like you're whinging for the sake of whinging. Season preview comes out Monday 3 March. Bleat away then.

Latest posts