What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 team and signings

niall

Juniors
hey guys, i know its still very early into this season but with june 30 GONE! and players looking to secure contracts before getting to far into the season, i was wundrin who we could potentially sign for next year??

imo our back 5 are set with

1- burt
2- hayne
3- inu
4- b.smith
5-grothe

but im undecided with the rest, any suggestions??

cayless1989

Juniors
burt
hayne
inu
smith
grothe
green
smith
cayless
marsh
cordoba
hindmarsh
huraki
mateo

rideell
robinson
moi moi
cannings

fanool

Juniors
in a nutshell - keep smith green, mateo inu and finch and sign a NASTY NASTY Forward. Then we'll have a very good team
I think either Riddell or PJ will go. we got PJ cheap.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fanool said:
in a nutshell - keep smith green, mateo inu and finch and sign a NASTY NASTY Forward. Then we'll have a very good team
I think either Riddell or PJ will go. we got PJ cheap.

both PJ and Riddell are under contract for next year.

Gronk

Staff member
Mateo in the backrow and The Pigster to be our impact player off the bench.

Timmy & Blake @ 7 & 6

PJ & Finch to share 9. Keating to replace Finch mid year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I take it this is all assuming that we resign Timmy, Blake and Feleti and make no external signings...

lads, it's all too premature to be discussing about possible lineups for all we know it could be noting like the team we put up now.

Ask me in August.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
fanool said:
and sign a NASTY NASTY Forward.

Clint Newton is available, fits the enforcer mould and seemed to go well under Hagan. I wouldn't mind seeing how he'd go at Parra.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I f we look at who is off contract I believe it is Wagon, Tahu, Cannings, T Smith, Green, Fa'aoso, Tsoulous and Mateo (I think). Someone may be able to confirm this

Mateo is No 1 priority
We will only keep one of Smith or Green IMO. I would prefer Smith at this point
Tahu is gone
The rest have to prove they are worthy of another contract.

1.Burt
2.Hayne
3.Smith
4.Inu
5.Grothe
6.Green
7.Smith
8.Cayless
9.Marsh
10.Moimoi
11.Hindmarsh
12.Robinson
13.Riddell

14.Finch
15.Cordoba
16.Fa'osa
17.Wagon

blx

Juniors
Im in 2 minds regards Finch. As much imagination with the ball as Wagon, none.

Green, Im still undecided too but Inu, he's a definate for our future. Who knows now that Timana has shown his hand he might have to work a tad harder to get his position back.

niall

Juniors
Suitman said:
Hell!!!

I thought it was April 12 today.

Where in the hell did the last two months go??

Suity

i meant with the june 30 deadline being taken away suity

nice joke tho :p

caylo

Bench
Twizzle said:
lets get through this year first

i agree, although signing Timmy, Mateo, and Green is somthing we have to do now. If you told green he was a real chance for 1st, if finch is here or not, i think he will stay. Other than that, players of intrest next year are players like Fa'aosso, i think could be an awesome backrower, and Mateo would prob be in line for a promotion in a few years (id like to see him play off the bench for the next two years). Reddy is another player id like to see, people say he has no X factor, i dunno though, he kicks a ball with both feet, has the skill to play 5-8 but the speed to play in the backline. Has the size to eb a 2nd rower, he could be our long term fullback, Hayne could also to. There is so many variables. We might sign a fat, slow, unfit prop from the rabbits (darn this analogy dont work anymore, lets say the rosters), and he could be the best prop in the comp after coming over.

Latest posts