What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 World Cup FINAL - Australia v New Zealand *Match Thread*

Murphdogg1

Juniors
YEEESSS!!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS!

I reckon this win is better than 2005's imo - as terrific as that win was we had a better team on paper in 05 and Aussie had a worse team in 05 than they do now......

Unbelievable.

Some of that defence by NZ was out of this world.

I'm so happy for the boys - they have had to cop hidings to the Aussies with 4 day buildups for a few years now.

Absolutely Terrific game.

Suddenly a World Cup isn't such a bad thing for NZers :p:cool:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Im disappointed about the Australian performance, but what a game it was. Who said this World cup had no meaning?

Things to come out of last nights match:

* New Zealand's first World Cup victory
* New Zealand's first win in Brisbane since 1987, and it was also Australia's first loss in Brisbane since that game in 87.
* Australia's first series loss in Australia since 1970, losing to GB.
* New Zealand's first World Cup win over Australia
* Australia's first World Cup match loss since 1995, losing the opening game to England
* Australia's first loss in a World Cup final (they failed to make the final in 1954, no final was played in 1960 and it was a draw in 1972 against GB, but lost cause of a countback)
* Australia's first World Cup loss since 1972

New Zealand now joins Australia and Great Britain to be the only teams to win a World Cup since 1954.

Australia 9, Great Britain 3, New Zealand 1.

Chook Norris

First Grade
f**k me the NRL have basically siad to Klein "Make sure the kiwis win this game will ya mate....our game depends on it". The try from Marshalls knock on was possibly the worst decision I have ever seen.

Possibly one of the worst posts i have ever seen

That'll do me.....no doubt this game was rigged. No way on gods earth that was a penalty try....too much doubt.

Disgrace that a great team is bought down this way

Now i'm a Roosters fan.. but i'm embarrassed to be associated with phin..

Last edited: