What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Membership Packages

Nemesis

Bench
If we smash the chooks tomorrow Newc, we may end up with 8,500-9,000 signed up for our first home game against the Eels next week.

Nemesis

Bench
We have the best total football club membership,not season ticket holders.
Mario (who is employed by the NRL) announced at the ground in front of the 20K+ crowd that Souths now has the largest number of ticketed members of ANY club in the NRL... more than even the Broncos. I don't think he would have made that announcement (or been allowed to) if it wasn't factual rabbs.

rabbs

Juniors
Believe what you like,the broncos have more season ticket holders than us,but we have more in total as football club members.

Nemesis

Bench
Believe what you like,the broncos have more season ticket holders than us,but we have more in total as football club members.
Well so far you're the only person who seems to disagree with what Mario (and Richo) announced yesterday.... do you have any proof that their statement was incorrect?

Dave Q

Coach
I couldnt hear Mario at the game on the big screen as we all drinking (cokes) and talking at the time.

At the post match function, I thought that Richo said that as far as he knew, we had the biggest overall membership but he wasnt sure about ticketed members.

I remember a few years ago, we made the broncos our benchmark for ticketing and whatever is true, we are heading for or have arrived there.

Richo said that we set a membership at 6,500, then we got ambitious and went for 8,000 (even after a poor year last year) and now some are talking about ending up at circa 10,000 which he said would be a simply massive result.

Every other club must be impressed with our staggering progress in the membership department and we are even seeing some copying us.

And if we keep winning, I think we will do better than 10,000.

IMO we have barely scratched the surface of our potential.

If we can maintain the rage, I can see 20,000 ticketed members within 3 years.

Nemesis

Bench
What a coincidence Dave, I was drinking coke too.... only mine had bourbon in it. :shock:
Still, I'd bet your nuts that Mario definitely said that we had the most ticketed members of any NRL club, including the broncs. ;-)

Dave Q

Coach
I wont argue the point Nemsy, but rabbs drips with credibility.

Besides, "I cannot recall" is pretty poor evidence except if youre a league player.

All the LU lads are backing up for Blue Tongue. I hope youre coming too.

And there were a few amber cokes going around. I was driving, so I was smashed on adrenaline and the wisdom of my better league-educated colleagues.

Its amazing the number of cute rabbitoh women Newk knows...they seem to like him too.

Amazing how the mind wanders during a losing game.

Newk said we were gone after 20 minutes. Ive heard him say that before at CUA last year. Its an evil portent of doom. I'll tape his mouth up next weekend.

Sugar is calling the ball left in the second half where we have a two man overlap and so Souths are passing it right!

lol....I needed a few of your drinks Nemsy!

The players were pretty down after the game when they wandered up through the members, it seemed to me they were more dissapointed than the fans. It was a bit unnerving. At least they backed up for photos and to greet the kiddies.

John Lang and Taylor seemed especially distraught. I suppose they feel it harder.

We are Ok until we get home and wake up with that chronic red and green hangover!

Nemesis

Bench
I wont argue the point Nemsy, but rabbs drips with credibility.

Besides, "I cannot recall" is pretty poor evidence except if youre a league player.

All the LU lads are backing up for Blue Tongue. I hope youre coming too.

And there were a few amber cokes going around. I was driving, so I was smashed on adrenaline and the wisdom of my better league-educated colleagues.

Its amazing the number of cute rabbitoh women Newk knows...they seem to like him too.

Amazing how the mind wanders during a losing game.

Newk said we were gone after 20 minutes. Ive heard him say that before at CUA last year. Its an evil portent of doom. I'll tape his mouth up next weekend.

Sugar is calling the ball left in the second half where we have a two man overlap and so Souths are passing it right!

lol....I needed a few of your drinks Nemsy!

The players were pretty down after the game when they wandered up through the members, it seemed to me they were more dissapointed than the fans. It was a bit unnerving. At least they backed up for photos and to greet the kiddies.

John Lang and Taylor seemed especially distraught. I suppose they feel it harder.

We are Ok until we get home and wake up with that chronic red and green hangover!
Yes Dave, we're definitely heading up to Gosford next week. It'd be good to catch up with you guys... especially Newc with his cute bunny groupies (on second thought, better stay away from the cute bunnies, the missus might kill me).

Sorry Dave, but I would've agreed with Newc. You could tell after the first 20 that we were gone... Unlike last week, our forwards just weren't hitting the ad line and we were getting bent back in defence.

I hope Gordie gets our big boppers back on track this week.

Latest posts