What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

MsStorm

Bench
Come on Storm supporters lets reach 10,000 members next year.

If you want a good seat at the new stadium, buy a membership for next year.

I think I might upgrade for next year.

melbourne_belle

Juniors
I have never gotten around to buying a membership as I haven't paid to get into a game for about the past 3 seasons or so, but I am always thinking about it to support the club, so maybe this is the year

melbourne_belle

Juniors
have never gotten around to buying a membership as I haven't paid to get into a game for about the past 3 seasons or so, but I am always thinking about it to support the club, so maybe this is the year

AILD

Bench
this will be my first year...looking at the interstate package...it aint great but atleast its something.

MsStorm

Bench
I have never gotten around to buying a membership as I haven't paid to get into a game for about the past 3 seasons or so, but I am always thinking about it to support the club, so maybe this is the year

That would be great and I read somewhere on a Storm link that if you become a member next year, you will be put on a priority list for the same category in the new stadium, as compared to walk-up people.

MsStorm

Bench
this will be my first year...looking at the interstate package...it aint great but atleast its something.

So you don't live in Melb?

Living here in Melb, I have seen how the afl clubs have flourished because supporters buy memberships to keep their clubs alive. They feel connected to their clubs that way. As I recall the lowest membership for an afl club in Melb.this year was around the 28,000 mark. Hawthorn who won the flag this year is aiming for 47,000 members in 2009. Most afl clubs have memberships around the 30,000 - 47,000 mark.

The Storms long term aim is to be a membership based club similar to the afl clubs.

Thats what all nrl clubs should be aiming for. Then the NRL would then be as strong as the afl.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Is there a possibility that Melbourne will drop their membership prices like the Dogs have (though not to the same extent) when they get their new stadium to make sure it's reasonably filled?

melbourne_belle

Juniors
That would be great and I read somewhere on a Storm link that if you become a member next year, you will be put on a priority list for the same category in the new stadium, as compared to walk-up people.

I get in for free at the games and will be no problem at the new stadium as well, but I am going to buy a couple of memberships for friends christmas presents.
The more members the better for the club.

AILD

Bench
So you don't live in Melb?

Living here in Melb, I have seen how the afl clubs have flourished because supporters buy memberships to keep their clubs alive. They feel connected to their clubs that way. As I recall the lowest membership for an afl club in Melb.this year was around the 28,000 mark. Hawthorn who won the flag this year is aiming for 47,000 members in 2009. Most afl clubs have memberships around the 30,000 - 47,000 mark.

The Storms long term aim is to be a membership based club similar to the afl clubs.

Thats what all nrl clubs should be aiming for. Then the NRL would then be as strong as the afl.

no i live in sydney.

i actually want to get the GA package...it might persuade me to get down there more often.

How do you get in free ??...are you an infant ???

sleeps with all the players :lol:

MsStorm

Bench
Is there a possibility that Melbourne will drop their membership prices like the Dogs have (though not to the same extent) when they get their new stadium to make sure it's reasonably filled?

That's a great idea, you should ring them/or write to them with that suggestion.

I guess its unlikely, because I think the stadium itself with better facilties, etc. will attract more people to go..hope so anyway.

Storms membership packages are pretty good compared to the afl clubs in Melb.

MsStorm

Bench
I get in for free at the games and will be no problem at the new stadium as well, but I am going to buy a couple of memberships for friends christmas presents.
The more members the better for the club.

Hey you've given me an idea for a Xmas present for a friend who is slowly starting to like the game.

MsStorm

Bench
no i live in sydney.

i actually want to get the GA package...it might persuade me to get down there more often.

sleeps with all the players :lol:

The GA package is good value..so good on you.

Re Melbourne Belle....you are very cheeky, but I love your sense of humour....and I know she's not offended.

MsStorm

Bench
How many memberships did the storm gather in 2008? Did you achieve atleast 2500???

Heaps more than that...over 8,000 Chris....so they should be aiming for more, but with all the players we are losing and losing the gf they probably being conservative with the increase.

Last edited:

melbourne_belle

Juniors
The GA package is good value..so good on you.

Re Melbourne Belle....you are very cheeky, but I love your sense of humour....and I know she's not offended.

Yeah Im slowly working my way through the team, onto the bench players now :lol:
Nah my family help with a local junior club here, so free passes :D

Plus Melbourne don't have any good looking players anyway;-)

melbourne_belle

Juniors
Yeah Im slowly working my way through the team, onto the bench players now :lol:
Nah my family help with a local junior club here, so free passes :D

Plus Melbourne don't have any good looking players anyway;-)

I take that back, I was out at Balcony a few weekends ago and Will Chambers and Jeff Lima were there.
Now let me tell you Chambers is a very very good looking boy.

Latest posts