What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newmanj

Juniors
This season is over. Really, only a couple of good performances all season. Not good enough. Michael Hagan and his staff will have to have a good look at themselves, and improve.

The bad news is, there is no light on the horizon, as we will be signing no players for next year, and the shining lights from the u20s are not even going to be at Parra.

How utterly depressing.

jono

Juniors
We need a new coach and a new captain.
We need some mongrel forwards who know how to out the wind up the opposition.
OR a fast mobile pack who know how to move the ball around and run the opposition araound.
At the moment we have neither.
And they ain't in the u20's either

strider

Post Whore
:cry:

it is kinda depressing when you have little to look ahead to ... seems we won't really have any cash to spend until caylo and hindy leave - cos the guys who r already leaving have made no room - shame there's not much left to spend hindy and caylos money on down the track

CrazyEel

Bench
Yeah I agree, we have no forwards with grunt nor a decent half to direct the team and unfortunately can't see any coming through the lower grades. Quite a depressing outlook indeed.

the_eel

Juniors
I simply pray that one of the sg ball players steps up early next season because we've lost all our decent 20's and our first grade side is sh*t. If Hagan and Fitzy keep their job for next season then all is lost.

bartman

Immortal
This season is over.
Agreed J. That was the must win game, and we didn't turn up... well we did for the first 15 minutes, and the first 10 minutes of the second half, but that's all and it's not good enough.

The bad news is, there is no light on the horizon, as we will be signing no players for next year, and the shining lights from the u20s are not even going to be at Parra.

How utterly depressing.
If we are truly not signing anyone (especially a second rower given who we are losing) then 2009 is looking utterly depressing. Everyone on year older and no new blood coming in when we are losing so many fg players... Doesn't make any sense?

Redback71

First Grade
where stuffed next year. no williams, chad, ridell, wagon etc... most of all no new blood to replace them.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I also wonder if this has something to do with the like of J Mannah, Williams and Hodkinson (allegedly) signing with other clubs

I mean, if you had potential and had a choice of playing with our despondent NRL team with little to look forward to, or Manly who are on top of the ladder, which team would help you fulfill your potential better

I would imagine a few player agents pointing out the benefits of leaving the eels atm

Stagger eel

Staff member
I also wonder if this has something to do with the like of J Mannah, Williams and Hodkinson (allegedly) signing with other clubs

I mean, if you had potential and had a choice of playing with our despondent NRL team with little to look forward to, or Manly who are on top of the ladder, which team would help you fulfill your potential better

I would imagine a few player agents pointing out the benefits of leaving the eels atm

player managers love our club, no they really do, nothing like dealing with an easy target like Andrew Hill for a contract...they're laughing and their clients are too.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
anyone get the feeling that the Toyota cup has backfired in our faces? it has given these youngsters more exposure then before, and clubs can easily view the talent of the future from there homes.

Stagger eel

Staff member
anyone get the feeling that the Toyota cup has backfired in our faces? it has given these youngsters more exposure then before, and clubs can easily view the talent of the future from there homes.

Ron the exposure has alwyas been there, each match is video taped for the benfit of the NSW rugby league and refs and distributed to clubs, clubs also send scouts to all these matches.

Latest posts