What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 certain starters

Marshall, jw, why do you rate Moltzen as an fb?

He's too good to leave out of the side, and Mullaney is at least a year off NRL football. I also think Taumata could be fairly unreliable in that he has history off the field, and if he is sacked at any time I won't be surprised, so if Moltz is already in the NRL he doesn't need to step up/work on combinations or anything like that. I also think Moltzen, Taumata and Marshall will all interchange at fullback throughout the game.

westie

Bench
You guys have no idea. Flanagan at hooker? Worse than Halatau at hooker and that's saying something.

I see...cuz I wud go Hanbury/Tuquiri at FB Moltz at HB and Taumata at 14

Hanbury is gone. I can't see Taumata being used off the bench, but it could work with Lote at the back.

You guys have no idea. Flanagan at hooker? Worse than Halatau at hooker and that's saying something.

I think people are confusing Mark Flanagan with Stuart Flanagan. But yes, Mark Flanno at hooker would be a dumb, just like Halatau, he's more a lock than a hooker.

Leaguelegend20

Juniors
He isn't Slater, but he's solid. Decent defence, decent attack, since we let go of Gallant and Mullaney is a year off, if we don't sign Tuquiri, Hanbury is the answer.

tomcat

Juniors
What about Pritchard FROM west magpies, he was 18th man in the last 2 games, i think he'd go well on one wing, or even take Ayshfords place in the centres eventually..

weststigerman

Juniors
What about Pritchard FROM west magpies, he was 18th man in the last 2 games, i think he'd go well on one wing, or even take Ayshfords place in the centres eventually..

Yes Rhys, if Tuiaki, Tupou, and Ryan are unavailable, you might get a run.

macnaz

Staff member
As far as fitsy goes ive only ever been a fan as far as him playing on the wing, i hated him anywhere else. Compared to Ryan as a winger he is miles ahead, he has vision and a great understanding of his inside backs, have a look at some 2005 footage and see the things he did that actualy won games, i cant remember the last time Beu Ryan created a game winning oppurtunity. I couldnt believe we re signed him at first but if its at the expense of Ryan thats a good thing.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
As far as fitsy goes ive only ever been a fan as far as him playing on the wing, i hated him anywhere else. Compared to Ryan as a winger he is miles ahead, he has vision and a great understanding of his inside backs, have a look at some 2005 footage and see the things he did that actualy won games, i cant remember the last time Beu Ryan created a game winning oppurtunity. I couldnt believe we re signed him at first but if its at the expense of Ryan thats a good thing.

I agree Macnaz- Fitzy is certainly a polarising figure- some like, others dislike- little middle ground. I like him and have no probs with him being back on the wing there at WT. I dont think Ryan is bad on the wing, just he is not a 'natural'- he seems not to like the limited space i believe he prefers the centre (which I believe was/is his best position). Maybe Ryan could fit into the utility back position from interchange. A lot of thinking may depend on whether Hanbury is retained as competition with Ryan.

Perth Tiger

Bench

If we have to go back to 2005 for vision of Fitzy doing anthing good then we might as well have kept Halatau and resign Elford :roll:

IMO signing fitzy is a set back for our recruitment if he is gifting a starting position every week as he was before he left. If however he is a depth signing and will only get a run if we get a string of injuries to the outside backs I guess i can live with it.

Out of interest has it been confirmed that he has signed a West Tigers contract or did he sign with the Magpies or Balmain like Skando did for 2009?

weretiger

Juniors
i watched fitzy come of the bench in super league and play hooker he had a good game tackle well gave them options around the dummy half area so i guess thats where he play of the bench and can cover most positions accros the park

westie

Bench
If we have to go back to 2005 for vision of Fitzy doing anthing good then we might as well have kept Halatau and resign Elford :roll:

IMO signing fitzy is a set back for our recruitment if he is gifting a starting position every week as he was before he left. If however he is a depth signing and will only get a run if we get a string of injuries to the outside backs I guess i can live with it.

Out of interest has it been confirmed that he has signed a West Tigers contract or did he sign with the Magpies or Balmain like Skando did for 2009?

I watched him do a bunch of good things in 2009. Like score. Scoring is good, someone should tell Beau.

stompin

Juniors
I think Beau Ryan is a good player.

Why does everyone here dislike him? He is coming along nicely..

westie

Bench
If we keep him in FG till he retires he might learn how to run. How is it people can possibly rate a winger with no size, pace, instinct, evasive ability and, obviously, can't score.

If we keep him in FG till he retires he might learn how to run. How is it people can possibly rate a winger with no size, pace, instinct, evasive ability and, obviously, can't score.

Yep, Ryan cant score, he didn't actually score the 13 tries he was credited with. :roll:

Only 10 players in the NRL did better during the regular season