What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moffo

Referee
Solid crowds all around - ANZ slightly disappointing but 17k is far more than we would've gotten vs Warriors under any other circumstance (apart from Thanks Haz day), usually we get 10-12k or less vs NZ @ ANZ.

disappointing? you are a deluded wanker

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
it's been a fairly long time since they've made the eight, i can see why people might start giving up.

JW

Coach
Very consistent crowds on a weekend that had no standout fixture that was likely to pull a big one and boost the average. Good to see, need more of these.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I will be putting a crowd watch stats thread into Game Day Spoilers and will keep it updated as we go through the season, this one here will be for discussion, predictions etc.

Did this ever eventuate?

fanatique

Juniors
Poor crowd at Penrith

No it isn't. Neither the panthers or Roosters are particularly big draws and 14,000 is pretty much par for Sydney if we exclude blockbusters. I'd say the attendance was within the range most would predict.

Brutus

Referee
There was always going to be gaps in that stand at Penrith on a hot Sunday.

The sun is a shocker. I was hoping for 16-17k, but 14k wasn't too bad.

Brookie looked pretty full.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Its still the school holidays so that should see some families go tonight and push the Eels game over 10k

1st Eels home game 18.2k
2nd Eels home game 15.6k

I have a hard time believing over 5k will drop off from the Manly game

Should be 10.5- 12k tonight

WaznTheGreat

Referee
But the fact that Mortimer has come out and said the Eels are prepared to win ugly tonight certainly won't help the crowd figure,I doubt anyone would be inspired to go to tonight's game after hearing that.

franklin2323

Immortal
No it isn't. Neither the panthers or Roosters are particularly big draws and 14,000 is pretty much par for Sydney if we exclude blockbusters. I'd say the attendance was within the range most would predict.

The club was predicting 15k so it wasn't far off the sun & heat was a bastard yesterday right in the face the whole day that was prob the loss of the 1k from the prediction.

We prob have a core fanbase of about 9-10k and opposition teams bring the rest. Not making the finals since 2004 doesn't help it improve

But the fact that Mortimer has come out and said the Eels are prepared to win ugly tonight certainly won't help the crowd figure,I doubt anyone would be inspired to go to tonight's game after hearing that.

Father: Hey kids, want to go to the footy tonight?

Children: Yeah... um actually probably not worth it. Mortimer says they're prepared to win ugly, so probably won't be much of a spectacle. Let's stay home and watch repeats of Two and a Half Idiots.

:roll:
---

The crowd will be what it will be, and not be influenced in any way by what Mortimer said!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
We haven't had a four figure crowd yet, the longest ever drought at the start of the season.

Round 5 - Apr 9-12

15,374 @ WIN (STG v BRI)
20,083 @ Skilled (GCO v MEL)
16,098 @ Bluetongue (SOU v NWC)
17,095 @ ANZ (CBY v NZW)
16,273 @ DFS (NQL v WST)
16,055 @ Brookvale (MAN v CRO)
14,023 @ CUA (PEN v SYD)

Total so far: 115,001
Avg: 16,429

Pretty good figures so far, still nothing under 10k, although that could be the dreaded mark we hit tomorrow night. Still, 39 games without a four-figure crowd is a very positive result regardless of the averages not being up on previous seasons.
Yup, all is looking good. If we can get through tonight, it will be almost certainly Sydney v Canberra next Saturday that breaks the duck - Round Six - 43 games into the season.

Red Bear

Referee
Why do you say that? Roosters have been travelling OK and had some good crowds this year, should get over 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts