What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Dally M Awards thread

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27608739-5018866,00.html

Fox Sports has the 2010 Dally M Awards, on Tuesday September 7, covered both online and on TV with live and exclusive coverage of rugby league's night of nights.

Broadcast starts at 8.30pm (EST) on Fox Sports 2HD and Fox Sports 2 - but the night begins much earlier online with foxsports.com.au rugby league expert Christopher Sutton bringing you all the glitz and glamour from the State Theatre.

The night marks the 30th anniversary of the awards and will again be hosted by Fox Sports' resident NRL experts Warren Smith, Laurie Daley and Greg Alexander.

Fox Sports rugby league personality Renee Gartner will be joined on the red carpet by Gorden Tallis for all the excitement and glamour of the arrivals and last word from players before the tally count begins.

The night will see the Dally M Team of the Year announced, including all positional awards as well as the captain, coach, representative player and Toyota Cup player of the year.

NRL fans also weigh in with their say as the Provan-Summons Medal is awarded to the people's choice as player of the year.

St George Illawarra fullback Darius Boyd was leading the race to claim the night's major gong, the Dally M Medal, when voting went behind closed doors after round 16.

South Sydney's Issac Luke, Penrith's Lachlan Coote, Brisbane Broncos' Sam Thaiday and Cronulla's Paul Gallen were Boyd's nearest challengers in an extremely close field.
We've had the prediction threads... now it's down to tomorrow night's ceremony.

The awards are:

Dally M medal - Player of the Year: TODD CARNEY (Sydney Roosters)

Provan Summons Medal - fan voted player of the year: TODD CARNEY (Sydney Roosters)

Coach of the Year: BRIAN SMITH (Sydney Roosters)

Captain of the Year: BRAITH ANASTA (Sydney Roosters)

Representative Player of the Year: BILLY SLATER (Melbourne Storm)

Rookie of the Year: MATT GILLETT (Brisbane Broncos)

Top Pointscorer: MICHAEL GORDON (Penrith Panthers)

Top Tryscorer: AKUILA UATE (Newcastle Knights)

Peter Frilingos Award - Headline Moment: JARRYD HAYNE (Parramatta Eels)

Toyota Cup Player of the Year: TARIQ SIMS (Brisbane Broncos)

Team of the Year

Fullback: DARIUS BOYD (St George Illawarra Dragons)

Winger: AKUILA UATE (Newcastle Knights)

Centre: JAMIE LYON (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles)

Five-Eighth: TODD CARNEY (Sydney Roosters)

Halfback: SCOTT PRINCE (Gold Coast Titans)

Prop: DAVID SHILLINGTON (Canberra Raiders)

Hooker: ROBBIE FARAH (Wests Tigers)

Second-rower: SAM THAIDAY (Brisbane Broncos)

Lock: LUKE LEWIS (Penrith Panthers)

Last edited:

mozza91

Coach
Will be closely contested Carney, Boyd and Gallen are the most likely, imo Dugan is the smokey but he probably has to much ground to cover.

Deacon

First Grade
I think Boyd wrapped in up in the past fortnight, 3 points v the Knights and at least 2 last night

CMUX

It might mean bugger all but Carney won the ABC Warren Ryan Medal (same 3-2-1 system as Dally M) by 3 points form Isaac Luke I believe.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Maloney isn't up for rookie.. He is up for 5/8

Gardner should win rookie!

Well thats a farce, he only played 4 games before this year! This year he has guided an injury ravaged and 2nd favourites for spoon team to 5th.

Ridiculous.

Got an url for nominations?

user_nat

Coach
Is rep player of the year just based on the Anzac test and SoO? No real obvious winners there IMO.

DeeJ

Bench
Is rep player of the year just based on the Anzac test and SoO? No real obvious winners there IMO.

Lockyer, Slater and Shillington stood out the most for me in terms of excellent and consistent performances.

redvscotty

First Grade
I managed to get on Boyd when he was paying $101, while ill be happy if he gets up, I will wish I had of laid down a 20 instead of a pocket change 5.

jc155776

Coach
Shillington for Rep player would be my choice.

Gillett will win Rookie of the year due to the Broncos FTA exposure.

I am probably bias but Gardner has been playing in a team being regurly thrashed but still standing out every game as great player.

Hodgkinson, Gardner, Gillett and Hoffman (is he a rookie) would be my 4 choices as nominees.

MacDougall

First Grade
Why isn't Maloney counted as a Rookie? I thought they had to play more than five games in the season before?

Goldthorpe

Bench
Dally M medal - Player of the Year: 1st - Darius Boyd, 2nd Jarryd Hayne, 3rd Paul Gallen
Provan Summons Medal - fan voted player of the year: Jarryd Hayne
Coach of the Year: Brian Smith
Captain of the Year: Ben Hornby
Representative Player of the Year: Johnathan Thurston
Rookie of the Year: Matt Gillett
Top Pointscorer: Michael Gordon
Top Tryscorer: Akuila Uate
Toyota Cup Player of the Year: ?

Team of the Year
Fullback: Darius Boyd
Winger: Akulia Uate
Centre: Shaun Kenny-Dowall
Five-Eighth: Todd Carney
Halfback: Scott Prince
Front-rower: Petero Civoniceva
Hooker: Robbie Farah
Second-rower: Sam Burgess
Lock: Paul Gallen

Last edited:

wittyfan

Referee
Gallen for the Dally M!!!

And Snowden, Gordon and SKD should get prop, wing and centre respectively.

Latest posts