What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Team

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Reddy will not be moved from centre. As we saw last night - he has a tremendous leap and we need him out wide to defuse bombs and create good scoring opportunities from bombs.

yy_cheng

Coach
Reddy will not be moved from centre. As we saw last night - he has a tremendous leap and we need him out wide to defuse bombs and create good scoring opportunities from bombs.

We essentially have 3-4 fullbacks in our backline:

Hayne, Reddy, Burt, INU

They can handle the bombs.

I think Benny was not thinking as a centre and just did not chase.
Robson just looked at it and Hayne was slow to it.

Reddy would've taken the initiative to put that bomb out.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Humble
7. Mortimer
8. Moimoi
9. M Keating
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Shackleton
13. Mateo

14. K Keating
15. Reddy
16. Cayless
17. Mannah

fish eel

Immortal
We can all starting factoring in Kingston - he was telling people at the fan day he is staying.

caylo

Bench
Hayne
Burt/Reddy (I cant split them)
Inu
Tahu
Grothe
Mortimer
Keating
Cayless (been in great form)
Keating
Moimoi
Hindmarsh
Benny
Mateo (only after he improves his fitness)

Humble/Mitchell
Shakelton (was starting when we signed him but now def behind benny)
Poore (cant have him ahead of those two unless someone moves into the backrow)
Mannah

MATEO MAGIC

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Inu/J.Wright
3.Reddy
4.Tahu
5.Grothe
6.Mortimer
7.K.Keating
8.Cayless
9.Robson
10.MoiMoi
11.Hindmarsh
12.Smith
13.Mateo

14.Kingston
15.Poore
16.Shackleton
17.Mannah

This is the team i would go with for next year.
Time for Luke Burt to go it would mean no more surrender tackles coming out of our own area,this team has carried him for too long.
Also if Inu doesn't pull his finger out and start playing like we all know he can,bring Jono Wright into the centres and put Reddy on the wing.
Would like to see Robson tried at hooker because Matt Keating has shown absolutely nothing except brain explosions in 2 seasons of football.

fish eel

Immortal
Gee I hope so

Heard t straight from his mouth.

He was asked and said he would be staying, never wanted to leave and that a couple of things just needed to be worked out and he thought they had been. Of course, could have been the hangover talking.....

Western_Eel

Juniors
Why is everyone choosing keating over robson? robson done far better than kk in defense and attack, just remember when kk was 7 we were loosing and had no go forward

WA Eel

Juniors
1.Hayne
2.Inu/J.Wright
3.Reddy
4.Tahu
5.Grothe
6.Mortimer
7.K.Keating
8.Cayless
9.Robson
10.MoiMoi
11.Hindmarsh
12.Smith
13.Mateo

14.Kingston
15.Poore
16.Shackleton
17.Mannah

This is the team i would go with for next year.
Time for Luke Burt to go it would mean no more surrender tackles coming out of our own area,this team has carried him for too long.
Also if Inu doesn't pull his finger out and start playing like we all know he can,bring Jono Wright into the centres and put Reddy on the wing.
Would like to see Robson tried at hooker because Matt Keating has shown absolutely nothing except brain explosions in 2 seasons of football.

You're kidding right? Besides Grothe, Burt was just about our best back out the yesterday. I can't understand why most people want to shift either Grothe, Reddy or Burt to accommodate Tahu. If anything, it's golden boy Inu who, besides a couple of games (and yesterday wasn't one of them) has been our worst starting back all year and should be making way for Tahu.

coasty78

Juniors
Whioever thought Burt should be making way for anyone is kidding themselves! He has been one of our most consistent players all year and is strong in both attack and defense...and showed that in the GF.

As for Grothe, ive said this before...he needs to shift to lock where he cant be found wanting in defense and can step and make his incisive runs more often. He comes inside looking for the ball every game anyway!

And Robson...it has been his woeful kicking game that has made us play catch up all year. Every kick has been short and straight to another player....mortimer though can find gaps, kick deep and cross field kick very well. Bombs are great and he is still learning! And with Jarrods 40/20s we have plenty of options...how good was that drop out!!! 60 metres on the fly!

Inu will be a different player again next year with Tahu back. They are pretty close and work great together. When he is fully fit and not coming back from injury like he has been in the last few weeks he will be much more consistent...needs to bulk up a little though.

Pazza

First Grade
not completely sold on Ben Smith, gives away stupid penalties and drops ball. I'd have him the the 17 but not as a starting 80 minute backrower like he has been this year!

Barney1100

Juniors
A month or 2 back I was sold on the idea that Burt would be dropped to let Tahu find a spot in the team. I have now changed my mind. Burt deserves to be in the team. He is great positionally, he is fast, he is dependable in attack and defense and is a great support player. So for me, it is Inu who will need to make way. He needs to be faster and more agressive with the ball in hand. Inu is great defensively, but so is Tahu, and Tahu is just more brilliant in attack. Injuries will still mean Inu gets plenty of NRL duties...

I really hope that Grothe doesnt leave in the off season. I love to watch wrecker smash through defensive lines.

I have some reservations about Benny, but will keep him in the 17.
My line up is:

1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Tahu
4. Reddy
5. Grothe
6. Mortimer
7. K.Keating
8. Cayless
9. M Keating
10. Moimoi
11. Hindmarsh
12. Shackleton
13. Mateo

14. Mitchell or Kingston
15. Benny
16. Poore
17. Mannah

Yep, its a bit tough on Robson who has done nothing wrong... I even considered dropping M.Keating for Robbo, maybe that will happen.....

Oh, and this idea of leaving Moimoi on the bench so he can make an impact when he comes on is geniused. He is now fit enough to play 50-60mins as he did in the GF, and we need him to do those 3 stints. He can only do this if he starts on the field.

Cayless is captain so he has to start. Poore will give great go forward for the time he is on the pitch, as will Mannah.

Kris Keating is pretty brilliant. KK and Morts will create havock as a halves combo. Cant wait!

Pazza

First Grade
can we entertain the idea of:

1.hayne
2.grothe
3.reddy
4.tahu
5.burt
6.mortimer
7.keating
8.cayless
9.keating
10.poore
11.hindmarsh
12.moi moi
13.mateo

14.kingston/mitchell
15.Mannah
16.Shacklton
17.Smith

Fathead

Bench
can we entertain the idea of:

1.hayne
2.grothe
3.reddy
4.tahu
5.burt
6.mortimer
7.keating
8.cayless
9.keating
10.poore
11.hindmarsh
12.moi moi
13.mateo

14.kingston/mitchell
15.Mannah
16.Shacklton
17.Smith

This is the team to start.
Although dont write off Tom Humble... he will be a star

distortedchaos

Juniors
Would there be a possibility of Burt switching to hooker? Tbh this is where I've always seen him, quick, good in defense, good passing game, would cover up the loss of Kingston easily. The only other option I see is moving Eric to the backrow, but I'm not sold on that idea at all yet.

natheel

Coach
ok my team is based on - if robbo resigns

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Luke Burt
3. Timana Tahu
4. Joel Reddy
5. Eric Grothe
6. Daniel Mortimer
7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless (c)
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ben Smith
13. Feleti Mateo
--------------------------------------
14. Kris Keating
15. Tim Mannah
16. Shane Shackleton
17. Justin Poore
--------------------------------------

Gee gunna have some selection headaches thats for sure

dont thikn poore will walk straight into the run on team straight away....think cayless and moi moi like robbo deserve first crack. also think inu will miss out in the early stages of the season. unless grothe finds a better deal somewhere else???? any news on that???

think benny smith will have his starting jersey to start the year too ando likes to go with loyalty and he will stay loyal to smith, robbo, moi moi/cayless

COACH STERLING

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Burt
3. Tahu
4. Inu
5. Reddy
6. Mortimer
7. Keating
8. Cayless
9. Keating
10. Poore
11. Hindmarsh
12. Smith
13. Mateo

14. Mitchell 15. Fui Fui 16. Shackleton 17. Mannah

I have a feeling we have seen Grothe play his last game. My gut feel is he is off to France to join Wagon.

Latest posts