What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010: Why won't the Broncos win the premiership?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
why we wont:
- forward pack. on paper they should do alright (thought the front row cupboard is bare) but we just seem to lack that dynamic runner on the fringes. they also struggled at times woefully last year against packs which shouldnt have been able to do any better (i.e. agaisnt the sharks)

-outside backs are relatively inexperienced. folau has had what 3 seasons? kemp has onl really been in 1st grade regualrayly for one, same with winterstein, michaels and yow yeh

-the long season and it's toll on lockyer. i thought at times last year he looked disinterested. during the last few 4 nations games he showed he still has the ability, but can he do it over a long season at hsi age with a weakened pack?

- defensive structure. has been sh*t for years. the defensive rot has been evident in the last few years of bennet being here, attitude and structure needs to change cos whats been going on for the past few years has been pretty terrible despite our ability to get into the 8.

- attack. i really havent rated our attack over the past few years given the potential of the backline. we should be scoring more points, but unless we've used the hunt 2nd man play we struggle, and with him gone theres gonna be a big void. i hope henjak has come up with a playbook

- the loss of Hunt. yes his shoudler charges in 09 were ridiculous, but he generally was a very safe fullback and great positionally. he offfered options in attack and i reckon he would have given a lot of support to the younger guys and provided a lot of talk from the abck

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why we won't win..

1. Forwards play like marsmellows half the time

2. Key injury to Kenny who I'll say bluntly if he is injured for any length of time we'll be lucky to avoid the spoon.

3. Steve Michaels

4. Henjak picking his lover boys and not making harsh decisions.

5. Not picking Tim Smith at halfback.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
why we wont:
- forward pack. on paper they should do alright (thought the front row cupboard is bare) but we just seem to lack that dynamic runner on the fringes. they also struggled at times woefully last year against packs which shouldnt have been able to do any better (i.e. agaisnt the sharks)

-outside backs are relatively inexperienced. folau has had what 3 seasons? kemp has onl really been in 1st grade regualrayly for one, same with winterstein, michaels and yow yeh

-the long season and it's toll on lockyer. i thought at times last year he looked disinterested. during the last few 4 nations games he showed he still has the ability, but can he do it over a long season at hsi age with a weakened pack?

- defensive structure. has been sh*t for years. the defensive rot has been evident in the last few years of bennet being here, attitude and structure needs to change cos whats been going on for the past few years has been pretty terrible despite our ability to get into the 8.

- attack. i really havent rated our attack over the past few years given the potential of the backline. we should be scoring more points, but unless we've used the hunt 2nd man play we struggle, and with him gone theres gonna be a big void. i hope henjak has come up with a playbook

- the loss of Hunt. yes his shoudler charges in 09 were ridiculous, but he generally was a very safe fullback and great positionally. he offfered options in attack and i reckon he would have given a lot of support to the younger guys and provided a lot of talk from the abck

I agree with most of your post. While I'm hopeful of a premiership, as I am every year, I can't see it happening this year, based on comments above and now Hodges out for most of the season. On the plus side, our future looks really bright, with lots of young players with loads of potential. Hanging on to them would be a start!

Hanscholo

Bench
I think you will really miss Hunt, for his ball playing and ability to attract attention. Lockyer thrived on that last year as well as the outside backs. With no Hunt, Hodges there, it becomes a hell of a lot easier to defend the broncos than it was. Shut down Folau and hold your pack and it may be a long year?

Dazzat

First Grade
Well he sucks as a coach, what do you want me to say?

Where's your proof? Rookie coach gets the team (which loses a swag of top class players from 2008) one game from the grand final. It took Bellamy five years at Melbourne to win a premiership.

Maybe you should start marking yourself and your posts by the same standard you mark the players and coaches.

Over 34,000 posts of utter dribble.

Broncos93

Juniors
He played Michaels for 2/3rds of the year when he sucked balls!:crazy:
He didn't suck balls until the latter part of the season. You're too ignorant to appreciate your coach in his first year pulls a team out of a huge slump, and turns the team around with 6 weeks until the finals, then give the minor premiers a hiding and get within a game of the grand final. And you're still going on about Steve F*cking Michaels!

Big Pete

Referee
Actually Michaels was poor from the opening round and deserved to be dropped after the fourth round.

Dazzat

First Grade
He didn't suck balls until the latter part of the season. You're too ignorant to appreciate your coach in his first year pulls a team out of a huge slump, and turns the team around with 6 weeks until the finals, then give the minor premiers a hiding and get within a game of the grand final. And you're still going on about Steve F*cking Michaels!

It's easier for our friend Locky if he can focus on one thing at a time ...

We'll just let him blame Michaels for everything ... I believe Michaels is causing global warming and could force interest rates up next week ...

Latest posts