What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 World Cup Australia 2 Serbia 1 (Group D)

Good win.

Very luck Serbia didn't get a penalty for Cahill's handball. It all comes down to Verbeek's spasticity costing us a spost.

Bumble

First Grade
Yep. Wilkshire's miss, Pim's awful tactics against Germany...what might have been.

:(

abpanther

Staff member
And does anyone else find Kalac really f**ken annoying? Is he Verbeek's bitch or something? Everytime the other start criticising our approach in the Germany game, he jumps in and comes to their defense and talks about "what ifs".

Zelic calls it exactly how it is....

weasel

First Grade
Pride restored. Goodbye Verbeek. Bring on a coach with a vision to build for the future.

Danish

Referee
Yep. Wilkshire's miss, Pim's awful tactics against Germany...what might have been.

:(

Dont forget Kennedy, our alleged striker, missing an open goal after following up Wilkshire's rebound.

I still can't believe Ghana is through to the round of 16. They were far and away the worst team in our group, and only got through on the back of 2 penalties. We would have been lucky to get through, sure, but Serbia certainly deserved to progress far more than them.

so so so many what ifs.

what if Ghana didnt get a penalty against serbia, what if the ref made the right call and didnt send kewell off and didnt give a penalty. what if wilkshire finished his chance against ghana, what if we played with positive tactics against germany :(

user_nat

Coach
Bleh, I would have rathered Serbia progress than Ghana. They really didn't deserve it. Both their goals were from penalties.

Australia blew it against Ghana (Wilkshire's chance)
Serbia blew it against Ghana (Krasic's miss and Kuzmanovic's handball)
Germany beat Ghana

skeepe

Immortal
Serbia blew it against Australia. They were all over us in that first half. But f**k I'll take it. Gutsy performance in the end, a cracker of a goal and the whinging Serbs are going home.

If only Ghana could have kept up their end of the bargain.

Bumble

First Grade
As I (and many others) have been saying all along, Kennedy is f**king useless.

If he wasn't tall he wouldn't be a footballer. Simple.

Moffo

Referee
To the letter of th law they were both reds boys. If you wanna blame someone blame custard face pim and his geniused approach to every game

Fin077

Juniors
And does anyone else find Kalac really f**ken annoying? Is he Verbeek's bitch or something? Everytime the other start criticising our approach in the Germany game, he jumps in and comes to their defense and talks about "what ifs".

Zelic calls it exactly how it is....

I like what he said about us not having to fear ANYONE anymore...We're on the world football map.

BDR

First Grade
God dammit when we were 2-0 up and Germany was 1-0 up I dared to hope :( oh well time to send some of these blokes to the retirement home and start getting ready for RIO!

Who is everyone going for now that the Aussies are out? I'll be supporting an unlikely NZ win tonight, and barring that I'll be hopping on the Argentina-Messi-Maradona connection bandwagon.

fish eel

Immortal
To the letter of th law they were both reds boys. If you wanna blame someone blame custard face pim and his geniused approach to every game

Pim got the decisions right in the last two games IMO.

The first game, he got fatally wrong.

oh comeon moffo that cahill one was soft as. so was the one that podolski got. the reffs have been suspect to say the least.

great effort from our boys. sad we didnt go through but we fought to the death.

i tell ya what im on the star spangled bandwagon now.

ghana have offered nothing, and if it wasnt for some idiot serb punching the ball they wouldnt even be there.

USA USA USA

Latest posts