What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 off Contract Broncos?

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
Rohan Ahern, Scott Anderson, Dane Carlaw, Dane Gagai, David Hala, Ben Hunt, Dunamis Lui, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Jharal Yow Yeh

I'm not sure how accurate the list is.
But who should be resigned?

Last edited:

Elia_Tuqiri

Juniors
I would get rid of Rohan Ahern, Dane Carlaw, Ben Hunt.
Might keep Anderson for depth. Hala depending how he goes rest of the year, otherwise out the door as wel.

beads6

First Grade
Sounds like Anderson is gone so not a huge loss but a shame he has potential. Sign all the kids up IMO.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
My gut feeling is that McGuire has more potential than Anderson, and is cheaper as well. Could be wrong on both accounts.

If we needed more room under the cap I'd be trimming the fat by removing Ahern, Anderson and Carlaw.

McCullough does concern me but we don't have any other proven options at dummy half (heard and seen great things about Baptiste but he is not proven at NRL level). Would throwing Baptiste straight in there without any other options be risky?

Mr Fourex

Bench
Rohan Ahern, Scott Anderson, Dane Carlaw, Dane Gagai, David Hala, Ben Hunt, Dunamis Lui, Andrew McCullough, Josh McGuire, Jharal Yow Yeh

I'm not sure how accurate the list is.
But who should be resigned?

Definately YY, gay guy, Ando, Hala, McGuire

McCullough

Hunt .......would take a bit more thought

Confess to not knowing much about Ahern and Lui

I never wanted Carlaw to start with.

If he's taking up space/money

Time to cut Tarzan's vine

......oppps

I mean Jane......Jane's vine :D

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Would throwing Baptiste straight in there without any other options be risky?

Yes, Baptiste isn't that polished.

He's still overdue a game and should be there in front of Norman.

The Crane

Juniors
HOw have they not already resigned Yow Yeh? Now that he is an Aussie (and probs Qld) player, he is going to cost double!

bronhull

Juniors
HOw have they not already resigned Yow Yeh? Now that he is an Aussie (and probs Qld) player, he is going to cost double!

cant confirm this but im pretty sure jharal is on our books till 2012. so dont worry about him leaving just yet.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
No to Carlaw. Maybe Anderson, but that should depend on Hala and Ahern imo. Both should be better than him by next season. Not sure they can keep Hunt and McGuire, considering both will likely be bench players at Brisbane for a while yet. McGuire will definitely attract outside interest as a starter.

When is Wallace off-contract? I'd be happy if we kept him, but if we do, what happens to Hunt? And Norman? Wal can play 5/8th, but Hunt can't. Norman could do either, I suppose.

AB129*

Juniors
Yow Yeh has an option in his favour for 2012, which means he can test the market this season... and he is. Good luck to him, but I reckon he'll stay.

As a Sharks man, I was wondering about your props... we're obviously pretty short up front. What do you guys think of Hala and McGuire? And do you have any idea if they're off contract?

I like them both, especially McGuire... he plays tough.

Latest posts