What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 off Contract Broncos?

Mr Fourex

Bench
Just out of curiosity, who would you put there that is available?

NRL Halfbacks .........

2011 off contract:

Liam Foran
Ben Hunt
Isaac John
Albert Kelly
Luke Kelly
Alehana Mara
Matt Orford
Scott Porter
Jordan Rankin
Jeff Robson
Brett Seymour
Tim Smith
Arana Taumata
Preston Campbell

2012 off contract:

Nathan Fien
Wade Graham
Josh McCrone
Brad Murray
Matt Orford
Peter Wallace
Luke Walsh
Kieran Foran

2013 off contract:

Daly Cherry-Evans
Cooper Cronk
Beau Henry
Trent Hodkinson
Michael Morgan
Mitchell Pearce
Johnathan Thurston
Anthony Watts
Sam Williams

==============================================

Bear with me AU .......what if in 2012 we grab Preston Campbell in what would be his last, you would think, NRL season. I know Campbell was talking about retiring last year, but

here he is, still going round.

If not ........hold onto your hat

Matt Orford

confused0067.gif

In 2012 I'm looking for a proven play maker .......who's nearing the end of his career who wants to be involved with the Broncos. A half back that just might have one last good year in him.

I'd even consider Seymour to go round with us again.
PDT_037.gif

The upside is ........I still want to resign Wallace

as a hooker/dummy half.

I swear the more I watch him .....intently

The more I can see him being the answer to our dummy half woes.

I think that may be his problem, he's actually playing out of position.

So at the end of 2012 ....we've got Wallace TEARING them up from dummy half and our care taker half back has blissfully wandered off into retirement. Our eyes ....... from this point in time (right now, 14th May 2011) MUST be focused on getting the signature of either

Thurston, Cronk or Foran

as the future Broncos no.7

I'm on the fence with Wallace.

That fence won't be able to hold out too much longer BIG Pete

Watch out for the splinters when it breaks.........:)

Last edited:

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Yow Yeh has an option in his favour for 2012, which means he can test the market this season... and he is. Good luck to him, but I reckon he'll stay.

As a Sharks man, I was wondering about your props... we're obviously pretty short up front. What do you guys think of Hala and McGuire? And do you have any idea if they're off contract?

I like them both, especially McGuire... he plays tough.

McGuire will be vulnerable because he won't get a starting spot for the Broncos for a while yet. I think he may be off contract at the end of next year. Can anyone confirm/refute?

Hala is two years away from being the prop you need right now.

IBA

Juniors
The upside is ........I still want to resign Wallace

as a hooker/dummy half.

I swear the more I watch him .....intently

The more I can see him being the answer to our dummy half woes.

I think that may be his problem, he's actually playing out of position.

Agreed. I think he'd make a top hooker. No one in that list of off contract 2011 players would be a better half back than him though. Campbell and Orford are past their prime and I really don't think signing an ex-star for their swansong is in our interest.

IBA

Juniors
Keep in mind if Wallace was to move to hooker, we need a whole new halves pairing...

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Our interest should be on the likes of Thurston, Cronk or Foran

Tread water till then .......

Foran is locked up till the end of 2014 and the others are going nowhere. We'd have to pay overs for a halfback or 5/8th from another club. Hunt can do the job, he just needs a full off-season as the starting halfback.

Wal to 5/8th or let him go imo. He's too slow to be first receiver. I'd be happy if they looked at Pearce or Soward (calm down:p). Both would likely be too expensive, though.

What about DC-E from Manly? He's a goer.

DecoyRunner

Juniors

Look it up on zero tackle>rugby league>nrl players>keiran foran

I can't post the link the board software keeps changing it.....weird. Must be blocked for some reason

Oooh. Really? I asked those Manly supporters and they told me 2014. Sneaky little bludgers. If it's actually 2012 then he's the man for the job. Should have a crack now and see if Manly will let him out of his last year.

Has Widdop been re-signed by Melbourne yet? He's number two on the list for me.

NFI

Juniors
Preston Cambpell, DC Evans, ORFORD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
these are the stupidest suggestions I have read yet!!!! (up there with the Mundine decision).
.........F#@K**THUD........just fell of my chair from laughin so hard,,,,hahahahahaha!!!!
gimeabreakpls