What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 AMNRL Schedule

Lone Ranger

Juniors
What i got from this whole merger or whatevert you want to call it, GP has partnered with the "brand" AMNRL. The teams involved cant be owned because we are all a private LLC's(limited liability corporations). I think this whole thing is more to start a professional Comp with little to do with the teams that exist now in the AMNRL. There was talk about this throughout the league for a while before it happen, we were just waiting for where and when.

So as a team in the AMNRL, were you consulted this was going to happen? Did you get a vote in the matter? Isn't Phil Shipos football operations or something like that. Was he aware?

Thank you for answering my questions.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Don't know the details, but they probably want to play in the best competition with a chance to play Melbourne and then World Cup. I would guess anyone who wants to play in the official league would have that opportunity.

I'm interested to see if Apple, Kenny, and Akarika actually suit up for the Bulls each week in 2012. Last season, Apple was listed as the captain of the Delaware Vipers; did he ever suit up for them? Travel costs to and from Jax and Texas to Phili each week is expensive and who's going to play for it? Regardless, I'll wait to see what Druzik reports when he goes to the matches.

I do agree that these gents were phenomenal players for Jax, but you have to include the likes of Brent Shorten, Matt Clark, Bob Knoepfel, and Craig Howitt in the discussion. These guys are wrecking machines and have represented the Tomahawks successfully in the past; hell, they even let Spinner be a waterboy (sorry Spinner, couldn't resist ha ha). So the question begs, if USARL players were allowed to represent on the Tomahawks, would Apple, Kenny, and Akarika ever left Jax? Probably not.

amnrlfan

Juniors
IMO Pope , Britt and Dawn will suit up for three games no more. If that.

They must of got a deal with airfare if they signed with the Bulls. Which makes it an easy decision for them to make.

druzik

Juniors
I'm interested to see if Apple, Kenny, and Akarika actually suit up for the Bulls each week in 2012. Last season, Apple was listed as the captain of the Delaware Vipers; did he ever suit up for them? Travel costs to and from Jax and Texas to Phili each week is expensive and who's going to play for it? Regardless, I'll wait to see what Druzik reports when he goes to the matches.

I do agree that these gents were phenomenal players for Jax, but you have to include the likes of Brent Shorten, Matt Clark, Bob Knoepfel, and Craig Howitt in the discussion. These guys are wrecking machines and have represented the Tomahawks successfully in the past; hell, they even let Spinner be a waterboy (sorry Spinner, couldn't resist ha ha). So the question begs, if USARL players were allowed to represent on the Tomahawks, would Apple, Kenny, and Akarika ever left Jax? Probably not.

Well I miss the first week as I am in Europe on a work related trip, my geek stuff as well as Rugby League... but I do hope to see games after that in both competitions.

Choo Choo

Juniors
The 23 June match
Well I miss the first week as I am in Europe on a work related trip, my geek stuff as well as Rugby League... but I do hope to see games after that in both competitions.

Sounds good. Let me know if you're planning on coming to DC. FYI, the 23 June match, Slayers v Fight, will be a great match.

pennpool

Juniors
One would say that the USARL having New Haven, Philly Fight, Jacksonville, And DC Slayers would be the better comp.
Shame that the players on those teams can't play for the USA team against the Storm or in the RLWC.
But I see that NFL players and Hawaiian rugby union players would suit the USA RL National team better.
It will be interesting to see how well the Bulls go in the comp with the addition of the Jacksonville Axemen players on their squad. Is their word of any more USARL top level players defecting?

Without any season long imports I'm pretty confident that the sharks would beat the Fight. No sharks make the US team and all you can really say to that is they aren't looked at as good enough therefore...............

Evil Homer

Staff member
Without any season long imports I'm pretty confident that the sharks would beat the Fight. No sharks make the US team and all you can really say to that is they aren't looked at as good enough therefore...............
Yet players who have never played RL before are...

Fatwing15

Juniors

Interesting comment. What team do you think has the best domestic players?

clarency

Juniors
It's another bullsh*t comment from someone who is scrambling for reasons to ignore the discrimination that is occuring.

It's nothing new.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
I was just talking to some Knights officials who says they were approached by the USARL to join their comp last minute in place of Oneida.

Apparently no one else was asked from any other AMNRL team. Moreover this totally undermines any reconcilliation happening between the parties as it looked like they were heading to a Super Bowl like play off game at the end of the year.

Looks like there was a lot of double talking by the USARL and the other AMNRL teams are not happy.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I was just talking to some Knights officials who says they were approached by the USARL to join their comp last minute in place of Oneida.

Apparently no one else was asked from any other AMNRL team. Moreover this totally undermines any reconcilliation happening between the parties as it looked like they were heading to a Super Bowl like play off game at the end of the year.

Looks like there was a lot of double talking by the USARL and the other AMNRL teams are not happy.
Stop spreading shit. It seems like everyone on this forum wants this ridiculous dispute to end apart from you. You are pathetic.

Fatwing15

Juniors
Stop spreading shit. It seems like everyone on this forum wants this ridiculous dispute to end apart from you. You are pathetic.

Both leagues have teams that struggle. Any one who thinks either leagues run with great numbers and completely smooth is just wrong. Just look at the 9's tournament which only had 5 teams compete. The USARL wants to have the best teams play in their competition. So obviously getting the Knights in that comp would be a great victory. I wouldn't be surprised if Oneida and Baltimore really struggle with numbers this year. Just like I wouldn't be surprised if NOVA struggles in the AMNRL. It is just tough to put together a strong team in this sport in the US. The success that the Fight, Knights, and Axemen have had in recent years is a real testament to their hard work and leadership. And any team that struggles shouldn't be thrashed on this forum.

deluded pom?

Coach
If I was the USARL and I was trying to target an AMNRL team the Knights would probably only be behind the Bulls for AMNRL "loyalty". I'd be looking to the Sharks or possibly the Raiders to make the leap of faith.

MR KNIGHT

Juniors
Sorry Homer, I was just posting what I was told by someone who is involved, because they were discussing it.

Hell, isn't that what most of this forum is, people saying what they have heard.

Fatwing - I agree, there are struggling teams on each side. But it seems it is the AMNRL ones that get bashed and the USARL a free ride

From the point of view of AMNRL teams there is no reason to the USARL as it is not a better comp and no one wants/can afford to go to Jacksonville. That includes the Knights who are one of the best run teams around imo.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Sorry Homer, I was just posting what I was told by someone who is involved, because they were discussing it.

Hell, isn't that what most of this forum is, people saying what they have heard.
No, it's for making constructive posts, not posting BS because you have an agenda and want to stir up further trouble.
Fatwing - I agree, there are struggling teams on each side. But it seems it is the AMNRL ones that get bashed and the USARL a free ride

From the point of view of AMNRL teams there is no reason to the USARL as it is not a better comp and no one wants/can afford to go to Jacksonville. That includes the Knights who are one of the best run teams around imo.
I haven't seen anyone 'bashing' any teams apart from yourself. If nobody in the AMNRL wants to travel, then why were they so quick to herald the Atlanta Legion?

To pretend the AMNRL is as strong a competition as the USARL is just idiotic, but I'm not going to try and debate that with you. What I will debate is you stirring shit to further your own agenda and trying to disrupt the efforts of people who actually want to develop RL rather than propagate pathetic grudges.

in the defence of MR. KNIGHT. What he said is a fact. i dont like getting involved in this sort of stuff, but i felt that in this situation i had to say somthing so it is realized that the statement made wasnt to just cause trouble.

If I was the USARL and I was trying to target an AMNRL team the Knights would probably only be behind the Bulls for AMNRL "loyalty". I'd be looking to the Sharks or possibly the Raiders to make the leap of faith.

I think what we are doing is a leap of faith. As far as the club goes we havnt created any bad blood on either side and its unfortunate that it looks like we "picked a side" by staying in the AMNRL. We have faith and hold on to the thought that the comps will reconcile. I think we are all going to be pleasantly suprised really soon.