What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 & Depth

watatank

Coach
That is very interesting. Under Bennett he was heading towards the middle but with Price there he's heading out wider by the looks of things.

That is very interesting. Under Bennett he was heading towards the middle but with Price there he's heading out wider by the looks of things.

He's a tough kid but not big enough to be in the engine room in 1st grade ... Logical switch. I'd love to see this guy have a real 1st grade career

Goldthorpe

Bench
This most common team from season 2011:
01. Darius Boyd - Knights replaced by Kyle Stanley
02. Brett Morris
03. Mark Gasnier - Retired replaced by Daniel Vidot
04. Matt Cooper
05. Jason Nightingale
06. Jamie Soward
07. Ben Hornby
08. Dan Hunt
09. Nathan Fien replaced by Cameron King
10. Michael Weyman
11. Beau Scott
12. Ben Creagh
13. Matt Prior replaced by Dean Young

14. Trent Merrin
15. Jon Green - Sharks replaced by Matt Prior
16. Adam Cuthbertson - Knights replaced by Jack De Belin
17. Dean Young replaced by Nathan Fien

I think we will see a few more changes as well, we should see Cameron King, who I believe is ready come in and start at Hooker for Nathan Fien, who would be an ideal Utility on the bench as the veteran can cover Hooker, Halfback and Five-Eighth.

I have said over the years that Dean Young is an ideal Lock for our team and should be in the starting 13. Young's ruck defense is excellent and although his ball playing ability has dropped considerably since his injuries in 2007 has the versatility as he can fill in at Second Row, Hooker and Five-Eighth if need be. He should replace Matt Prior as I believe Prior is a natural interchange player as he can cover Second Rower, Prop, Lock and even Centre.

Depth is great for us this season with the likes of Lesson Ah Mau [PR], Nick Emmett [CE], David Gower [PR], Denan Kemp [WI], Jeremy Latimore [PR], Jake Marketo [SR], Will Matthews [PR], Josh Miller [PR/SR], Mitch Rein [HK], Chase Stanley [CE], Jack Stockwell [PR} and Atelea Vea [PR].

Not bad Goldthorpe. I generally agree with your 17, although it wouldn't surprise me to see Rein ahead of King, if not just for the first few weeks to give King some game time in NSW cup.

Mr Red

First Grade
Price has confirmed K.Stanley to start at fullback

source?
i highly doubt Price has comfirmed him to start for round 1 of the premiership.
perhaps you mean he has confirmed Stanley will have first crack at the role in the trials?