What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 draw

beave

Coach
Play the damn Cowboys Storm game on Sunday night NRL, totally unfair that they have to play on a Monday night and then back up on a Saturday, no club should have to do that regardless of who they are. I just shake my head at this amatuer comp sometimes........

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pretty sure that's what the club has requested beave, calm down.

Whinging about a decision that hasn't actually been made yet :lol:

ink -
Round 2 changes
Storm v Rabbitohs - was Sat 5:30pm, now Sun 7:00pm
Titans v Raiders - was Sat 7:30pm (6:30 QLD time), now Sat 5:30pm (4:30 QLD time)

Round 5 changes
Raiders v Cowboys - was Sat 5:30pm, now Mon 7:00pm
Panthers v Sharks - was Sat 7:30pm, now Sat 5:30pm
Eels v Manly - was Mon 7:00pm, now Sat 7:30pm

skeepe

Immortal
Play the damn Cowboys Storm game on Sunday night NRL, totally unfair that they have to play on a Monday night and then back up on a Saturday, no club should have to do that regardless of who they are. I just shake my head at this amatuer comp sometimes........

Playing Monday and backing up Saturday is exactly the same as playing Sunday and backing up Friday. It happens all the time, the Cowboys need to stop whinging and get on with it.

Canard

Immortal
Playing Monday and backing up Saturday is exactly the same as playing Sunday and backing up Friday. It happens all the time, the Cowboys need to stop whinging and get on with it.

I think he fcked that up, Im sure he meant its no good playing Mon and then backing up on Friday, surely?

Im guessing that it was considered very likely that Cowboys v Storm would be FNF for the QLD market.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Yeah thats what I meant, apologies. There's a good chance that could be the Friday game.

NRL-TGG

Guest Moderator
Yeah thats what I meant, apologies. There's a good chance that could be the Friday game.

I think that has only ever happened to one club and there may have been rule put forward after that match to prevent it.

Under the rules, ch 9 can't pick a team to play Friday night football if they are coming off a monday night game. Fox play games at time with ch 9, picking teams to play Monday night if they have a big clash coming up so they get that game as well.

user_nat

Coach

Not likely..

When was the last time Broncos didn't play on Good Friday?

Which reminds me, what happened to the Roosters/Broncos Good Friday games? Obviously they couldn't do it last year due to Anzac Day so it was replaced with the Tigers. However, this year they have scheduled it to be with the Tigers again, when there is no reason why it couldn't be with the Roosters.

Timmah

Staff member

I think that has only ever happened to one club and there may have been rule put forward after that match to prevent it.

Under the rules, ch 9 can't pick a team to play Friday night football if they are coming off a monday night game. Fox play games at time with ch 9, picking teams to play Monday night if they have a big clash coming up so they get that game as well.
There is zero chance of NQL/MEL being scheduled on Good Friday, for two reasons.

1. There are NRL guidelines preventing four-day turnarounds.

2. The one time it was broken was with written permission from the club disadvantaged by it.

3. On releasing the draw in November, the NRL confirmed Canterbury v Souths and Tigers v Broncos were the Good Friday matches.

adamkungl

Immortal
Not likely..

When was the last time Broncos didn't play on Good Friday?

Which reminds me, what happened to the Roosters/Broncos Good Friday games? Obviously they couldn't do it last year due to Anzac Day so it was replaced with the Tigers. However, this year they have scheduled it to be with the Tigers again, when there is no reason why it couldn't be with the Roosters.

Disappointing, that's always one of my favourites and usually pulls a good crowd.

skeepe

Immortal
I think he fcked that up, Im sure he meant its no good playing Mon and then backing up on Friday, surely?

The Cowboys were the ones complaining about the Monday/Saturday turnaround, that's what I was commenting on.

The Cowboys say they can live with Sunday afternoon but not Monday night, given they have a big game against 2011 minor premiers Melbourne in Townsville the following weekend, with the match likely to be scheduled for Friday or Saturday night.

"To play a game five days later, with the travel involved, would make things extremely difficult for us," Cowboys football manager Peter Parr said.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ver-booking-blue/story-e6frexnr-1226221338498

It happens all the time. If the Warriors can do it, I see no reason why the Cowboys can't.

innsaneink

Referee
Pretty sure that's what the club has requested beave, calm down.

Whinging about a decision that hasn't actually been made yet :lol:

ink -
Round 2 changes
Storm v Rabbitohs - was Sat 5:30pm, now Sun 7:00pm
Titans v Raiders - was Sat 7:30pm (6:30 QLD time), now Sat 5:30pm (4:30 QLD time)

Round 5 changes
Raiders v Cowboys - was Sat 5:30pm, now Mon 7:00pm
Panthers v Sharks - was Sat 7:30pm, now Sat 5:30pm
Eels v Manly - was Mon 7:00pm, now Sat 7:30pm

Thanks, that journo could cop a tip or two off you

Timmah

Staff member
Sometimes they like to write it into paragraphs when it's easier to just do a list.

Fillerbustering if I've ever seen it.

adamkungl

Immortal
Oy Tim, when's the first trial matches/All Stars/whatever.

Basically, when can I watch footy again. Is there a thread for this?

Timmah

Staff member
List of trials is in the full draw thread in Game Day Spoilers section.

First game on TV should be All Stars on Feb 4. First actual game back in Australia of any note is lol@50uffs v Wire at Redfern on Jan 28, about 19 days away