What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Easts R #1

Juniors
1;Stewart
2;Hayne
3;king if still got it
4;Jennings
5;Uate
6;Maloney/Carney[@ his best]
7;Pearce
8;Gallen
9;Ennis
10;Mannah
11;Watmough
12;Scott
13;Stewart

Lewis
Gidley
Simms
Bird

This will beat QLD!

Last edited:

sputneek

Juniors
Wrong forum buddy. Lawrence over king. Uate over Morris. Gallen over Sims. Lewis over Scott.

roofromoz

First Grade
If Gordon can get even to 80% of his pre-injury form, it may be enough for him to get a wing spot.

1;Stewart
2;Hayne
3;king if still got it
4;Jennings
5;Uate
7;Pearce
8;Gallen
9;Ennis
10;Mannah
11;Watmough
12;Scott
13;Stewart

Lewis
Gidley
Simms
Bird

This will beat QLD!
Yes please .As a QLDER i hope they pick him.Quite possibly the most overated player in the game today.

sputneek

Juniors
If Gordon can get even to 80% of his pre-injury form, it may be enough for him to get a wing spot.

Uate is a certainty so if Stuart sticks with his "Hayne is a 5/8 playing at fullback so I won't pick him out of position on the wing but I'll pick him at centre" mentality then Gordon has a chance of getting the other spot.

nrlnrl

First Grade
1;Stewart
2;Hayne
3;king if still got it
4;Jennings
5;Uate
7;Pearce
8;Gallen
9;Ennis
10;Mannah
11;Watmough
12;Scott
13;Stewart

Lewis
Gidley
Simms
Bird

This will beat QLD!

selectors will go for something like this :

1. J.Dugan
2. J.Hayne
3. M.Jennings
4. C.Lawrence
5. A.Uate
6. J.Soward
7. M.Pearce
8. P.Gallen
9. M.Ennis
10. K.Galloway
11. A.Watmough
12 G.Stewart
13 L.Lewis
INT
14. K.Gidley
15. T.Sims
16. T.Williams
17. T.Mannah

rnb11

Juniors
Quite likely a few Novacastrians will be in the side if they start the season off well as they're expected to. Guys like Mullen, Houston, Snowden etc along with Gidley and Uate who should be morals. Wouldn't rule out a Tahu or Buderus return either lol

RWB

Bench
If Buderus returns half the player he was he'll be an upgrade on Ennis.

user_nat

Coach
I know you corrected it later, but I find it amazing you left out Gallen.

Would be like leaving Thurston or Smith out of the Qld side.

jbl31649

Juniors
Got to go with Maloney. As a Manly support watching that GF, this bloke really stepped up. He was dangerous all game and some of his defence was extremly impressive.

Even if they start him on the bench he has to be in the squad. Unsure about Carney, I just don't think he'll get back to his best again.

I still like Gidley at Hooker, he was good for us last year when he replaced Ennis. Got clean ball out to the halves and split the markers.

I'll stay with Pearce, simply because his been there awhile now and he he did defend well.

State of Origin 2012
1. Brett Stewart
2. Micheal Gordon
3. Chris Lawerance
4. Jared Hayne
5. Akuila Uate
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. TLL
9. Kurt Gidley
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Beau Scott
12. Tariq Simms
13. Glen Stewart

Interchange
14. Luke Lewis
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Keith Galloway
17. Tim Mannah

Reserves
18. Shaun Fensom
19. Luke Douglas
20. Jarod Mullen
21. Tim Grant
22. Jamie Soward
23. Micheal Jennings
24. Tony Williams
25. Josh Dugan

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yes please .As a QLDER i hope they pick him.Quite possibly the most overated player in the game today.

Unfortunately Pearce is the best halfback NSW has. The next best would be Gidley if Uncle Wayne decides to play him there this season and not even one-eyed Knights supporters would want him in the sky blue #7 jersey.

If Sticky wakes up and actually puts the right player around Jnr Jnr to compensate (2 of Farah, Maloney, Carney or Stewart) then he will be enough. He cant be relied on to run the attack by himself, he doesnt have the creativity.

jbl31649

Juniors
So has everyone already given up hope with Soward?

For me it is not so much that I have given up on him, I have him in the squad. Simply put Maloney is better and as I said his defence in the GF when he man handled King (and there was another forward I can't remember), gives him the edge of Soward for mine.

I like Soward, but his likely pairing would be with Pearce and between the 2 there isn't enough for good creative attack.

Will be interesting to see if Cronulla play Carney at half-back, that could challenge Pearce, but his still is a gamble.

Vic Mackey

Referee
anybody who doesnt have gallen in their team cant be taken seriously. i dont care how much of an oversight it was.

it would be like leaving bradman out of an all time aussie cricket team.

seriously BHP just piss off

Latest posts