What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Squad & Ideal Lineup

MatthewA

Juniors
Just in Lafai.. He didn't play in the trials because of a shoulder injury. He wasn't snubbed for Jono Wright.

Spot On

Coach
Don't know if you blokes listen to Talkin Sport in the arvos but Peter Tunks has stated at least two times in the past week that Aiden Tolman "will struggle to get a game this season" and today "I just don't know what Aiden Tolman is doing there?"

He is fair dinkum adamant that Tolman is not up to scratch to play firsts for the Dogs. Is this the consensus with Dogs supporters?

MatthewA

Juniors
Tolman was close to our best player last year. He was one of the best props in the game and should have been in Origin. There's no reason for him not to be our starting prop. Hell, most people are putting Graham on the bench for Tolman.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Tunks has never been worth listening to .. Don't know why you bother.

Tolman and Merrin are the best young props out there .. Along with Aaron Woods.

I think any team would take Tolman if they could fit him in their cap.

Packy

Bench
Tolman was good for us but he does lack impact in attack and defence.. He does the work but doesn't hurt anyone either way. We need that at times but it isn't a career.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Tolman was good for us but he does lack impact in attack and defence.. He does the work but doesn't hurt anyone either way. We need that at times but it isn't a career.
How is it not a career?

When has Luke Bailey ever really hurt teams in attack or defence? And yet he has achieved everything in the game (except a Premiership).

Front rowers don't have to be rampaging blokes who will break the line in attack and break your back in defence ..

There's a reason that Glenn Lazarus, Arthur Beetson etc are once-in-a-generation players!

Packy

Bench
I guess I used a poor term. What I was aiming to say was that the workhorse role won't get you the good press and accolades that a Fui or even a Trent Merrin will get.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ring the station yourself or email him directly. He has been banging on about for a while. I direct quoted him - word for word.
Looks like Tunks needs his sources checked... Tolman has been named as starting prop for Saturday nights game!

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I guess I used a poor term. What I was aiming to say was that the workhorse role won't get you the good press and accolades that a Fui or even a Trent Merrin will get.
To be fair to Merrin, he does a lot of work - makes more tackles than any of our other props for the time he plays.

I take the point re Moi Moi .. Tolman won't get the headlines that Moi Moi does, but TBH I would much prefer Tolman in my side rather than Moi Moi, because I know what I will get with Tolman every week .. basically no mistakes, 40 tackles, 15+ hitups for 120+m, and at least 60 minutes .. given the options that gives a coach with the bench rotation, it's gold.

Props who can only play 15 minute stints and then go off because they are damaging ball-runners e.g. George Rose have worth, but if I'm looking to build a great team, I'd make sure I sign Tolman before Rose or Moi Moi.

And Rose goes OK at Manly because they already have King and Kite who do all the grunt work. Same as Moi Moi with Mannah (previously Cayless) and potentially Poore this season.

Doga

Juniors
Knee Jerks aside, what does your ideal Bulldogs team look like

Fullback: - Ben Barba. Think he has proved himself as a fullback. Wouldn't dream of moving him!
Left Wing: - Mitch Brown. Big strong and very fast. Goodwin has always been too slow for my liking.
Left Centre: - Tim Lafai. I've been wanting to see him occupy the LC spot for ages. He started the year awesome there and got moved to the Right when Morris came back. Lafai wasn't as effective on the right. He was a game breaker on the Left
Right Centre: - Josh Morris. I can see him playing just as well on the Right. His movement actually makes him more tight orientated so I think it would suit him.
Right Wing: - Steve Turner. Not a world beater or a speedster but he rarely has a poor game.
Five-Eighth: - Josh Reynolds. We really haven't got many options there. We have no natural five-eighths currently.
HalfBack: - Trent Hodkinson. He spent the offseason injured and is injured again. Will be our best option unless we buy or unearth a gem
Prop: - Sam Kasiano. First prop picked. Phenomenal talent. We lose so much go forward when he is off.
Hooker: - Michael Ennis. I really don't like and haven't liked Ennis since 2009. He has become a terrible player but he is the best we have. He is no longer a 80 minute player. Someone should be coming on to releive him at the back end of every half.
Prop: - Aiden Tolman. Solid, high work rate Decent meters
2nd Row: - Frank Pritchard. I would say that he is in career best form. He has been very consistant
2nd Row: - Dene Halatau. He has been fantastic. Wasn't my favourite to start the year but he has proved his worth
Lock: - David Stagg. although I am tempted to name Dale Finucane there.

Interchange: - James Graham. finding the transition into the NRL a bit tougher going. His high workrate gives him a spot in the team until we see more of him.
Interchange: - Corey Payne. His Offloads and aggression are a must in our team. Has the odd bad game in him.
Interchange: - Martin Taupau. I fail to see what Greg Eastwood has been adding to the team. It's time to unleash Marty. He'll run hard and tackle hard.
Interchange: - Joel Romelo. Relief for the Hooker and Halves.

Fringe players:
Forwards: Dale Finucane, Josh Jackson, James Gavet, Greg Eastwood, Tim Browne

Backs:
Luke MacDougall, Micahel Lett, Janathon Wright, Bryson Goodwin

Players I dropped:
Bryson Goodwin
Jonathon Wright
Greg Eastwood

Copy and paste below and enter your team
Code:
[B]Fullback:[/B] -
[B]Left Wing:[/B] -