What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 and beyond Captain

eloquentEEL

First Grade
We'll one-up lol@Souff$ and name 6 of them: Mannah, Hayne, Maitua, W Tonga, Roberts, Keating. Let Sandow worry about halfback and goal kicking.

Daneel

Bench
Hayne for me, but id want those silly things out of his game, like head butts and the like. I think they are out of his game to an extent but every now and then i feel as if his reactions to his frustrations are going to cost the team.

It's Mannah. There is no other choice.

Putting forth HaHa is ridiculous. He is still a sooky little brat and should be nowhere near the captaincy. When Mannah is out for Origin it's either Smith (if he is still here) or Maitua.

Hayne for me, but id want those silly things out of his game, like head butts and the like. I think they are out of his game to an extent but every now and then i feel as if his reactions to his frustrations are going to cost the team.

maybe he would be less frustrated if as captain he could approach the refs to make a complaint about something

natheel

Coach
Mannah is a no brainer, although the fact the board wants hayne throws him into contention too, i hope SK doesn't take the boards word and sticks to his guns and keeps mannah as captain. i reckon by round 13 he and hindy will be co-captains.

But i wouldn't be surprised seeing 3-4 players as co-captains (leadership group) next year

Mannah - Captain
Hayne - CoCap
Maitua - CoCap
Tonga - CoCap

I think these 4 have good leadership skills, but with Hayne naming him as captain will go a long way to keeping him at the club.

Parra Pride

Referee
875127-tim-mannah.jpg

NATHAN Hindmarsh has anointed Tim Mannah as the man to take over as Parramatta captain next year.

It's a reflection of the man that Mannah yesterday point blank refused to use Hindmarsh's praise to push his own ambitions.

Instead, Mannah said the Eels should recognise what a privilege it is to be playing alongside such a legend - and start performing accordingly.

After four consecutive defeats to start the season, Parramatta take on premiers Manly tonight at the same home ground they were booed off last Friday night following a humiliating loss to Penrith.

Mannah said there was no doubt they would be pumped up on a mixture of emotion and embarrassment after Hindmarsh's shock retirement announcement.

"Regardless we have to turn it around but on a personal note I know the boys will definitely be thinking how much Hindy deserves a good send off," Mannah said. "Sometimes when you're playing NRL you can take some things for granted.

"But we have to think how lucky we are to be playing alongside a legend like Hindy.

"I am very grateful I have had the chance to play alongside him and if anyone knows how much effort Hindy puts in they would know he is always giving his best.

"It's a bit unfair some of the criticism he has had but he is thick skinned enough to handle it."

Hindmarsh yesterday admitted the constant speculation about his future was the reason he made public his retirement plans but denied he was pushed out the door.

"That's not the case at all," Hindmarsh said. "As I said yesterday, even before we started pre-season this year I'd sat down with Steve (coach Kearney) and told everyone that I was going to retire, everyone who I thought needed to know.

"The reason I announced it was just to end all the speculation about my career after this year.

"I think it just takes away another question that can be asked."

Asked if he expected his decision to inspire teammates to lift their game, he modestly answered: "I just want to make them do it for themselves."

He thanked the Parramatta fans for their support over the years and named Mannah as the man to take over as captain.

"I think Timmy Mannah is obviously a well respected member of the team and the club and the public so I think he'd be a good choice but that's not my decision," he said.

Mannah refused to be drawn on the captaincy talk - but said of Hindmarsh: "The one word that comes to my mind when you mention Nathan Hindmarsh's name is respect.

"He never asks for it but you can't help but respect him.

"Not just for what he has achieved in the game but for the guy he is.

"He is such a selfless character and he is always putting the team first - and he even showed that with this by coming out and trying to take the pressure off us."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ah-to-lead-eels/story-e6frexnr-1226314874908#

mickdo

Coach
If Mannah is captain, he'll be off the field for a fair chunk of the game so there will definitely be the need for co-captains

Parra Pride

Referee
Keating was captain I believe when Mannah went off in round 3, SK could stick with that.

#CaptainKeating?

jono

Juniors
Keating was captain I believe when Mannah went off in round 3, SK could stick with that.

#CaptainKeating?
This would be like Mike Brearley captaining the English Cricket Team.....oh wait , that really happened , didn't it.