What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Bundy Cup

Shrek

Juniors
Kingsgrove have now got more than 1000 points put on them in points for and against. It's ridiculous. Captain mulga I agree, I don't blame the players. I blame the administration for putting them through this. What they should do is put their RMC side in the SS and work from there. If they improve then they can talk about putting a RMC team in but this is just ridiculous. And to think they will put another RMC team in next year is beyond me. I think they should stick to SS.

slickrabbit

Juniors
If you don't spend money, or get lucky with an influx of stronger players, like Wests did with Campbelltown City folding in group 6, you simply struggle like Colts and others last year...

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Kingsgrove have now got more than 1000 points put on them in points for and against. It's ridiculous. Captain mulga I agree, I don't blame the players. I blame the administration for putting them through this. What they should do is put their RMC side in the SS and work from there. If they improve then they can talk about putting a RMC team in but this is just ridiculous. And to think they will put another RMC team in next year is beyond me. I think they should stick to SS.

I dont blame they admin, they set out to create a pathway for kids to play at a higher level and to that extent they have achieved it.
They have the fringe 20's players from the Roosters and much like Banstown Sports a few years ago the players are getting valuable game time.

If you look at the players from that Bankstown Sports team the majority have kicked on, the club should have persisted.

Kingsgrove are similar, yes they have not had a good year but lots of things have conspired against them and they are working to make it better.

You can only applaud that, there are a lot of clubs not having a go that should, take St Marys for example.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
If you don't spend money, or get lucky with an influx of stronger players, like Wests did with Campbelltown City folding in group 6, you simply struggle like Colts and others last year...

Interesting question that puts up.
If East Campbelltown had the players to compete at Massey Cup level as it appears they had, why did they persist with Group 6 when it was always going to end in tears??

Shrek

Juniors
Kingsgrove have been in the competition for 3 years now and have finished last in all 3 seasons. If they are trying to create a pathway for juniors then start with their A grade comp or SS. It really degrades the RMC comp getting belted a guaranteed 40+ every game. How many more years do they need until they realise they are not good enough for the RMC? With or without the Toyota cup players that they have I still think they'd be in the same position. All this does to the RMC is bring it's reputation down ( as if it isn't down enough). All I'm saying is maybe they should stick to their A grade comp or stick to sydney shield. It really is ridiculous the score lines they're getting beat by.

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Kingsgrove have been in the competition for 3 years now and have finished last in all 3 seasons. If they are trying to create a pathway for juniors then start with their A grade comp or SS. It really degrades the RMC comp getting belted a guaranteed 40+ every game. How many more years do they need until they realise they are not good enough for the RMC? With or without the Toyota cup players that they have I still think they'd be in the same position. All this does to the RMC is bring it's reputation down ( as if it isn't down enough). All I'm saying is maybe they should stick to their A grade comp or stick to sydney shield. It really is ridiculous the score lines they're getting beat by.

Maybe, but look at the A Grade comp they have as a second choice.
The ICCC is a dead set joke and should be wiped off the face of the earth.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
Majority of RMC players are of Penrith Junior League standard, some would struggle to make the top 5 A Grade sides. The silly thing is they would not be able to play anyway as they would be allocated too many points for trying to play in the RMC and would miss out anyway. Why Penrith persist with the points system is beyond me , the same clubs keep winning every year nothing much changes.
The sooner these comps disappear the better for some district A grade comps.
NRL - NSWCUP - 20'S - A GRADE COMPS would see more players back in to these comps and strengthening them.
The RMC/Bundy/Metro Cup has only been there to appease the powerful Club based Parra teams so as they had a comp to play in. The poor old other sides that have come and gone have just been cannon fodder for these teams.

Last edited:

Captain Mulga

Juniors
Sorry I'm not aware if the ICCC.

The ICCC is a Mickey Mouse A grade comp that the NSWRL loosely administer.
I say loosely because they didn't want to run but had to take over because the administrators were so inept.
It comprises teams from Canterbury, Wests, St George & Balmain comps because the administrators of those comps were so junior centric by the time they realised their senior comps were in trouble it was too late.

Here are some of the rules.
If it rains in the Balmain district and the games are cancelled, the whole comp is cancelled for that round even if it hasn't rained in the other districts.

There is no central judiciary, I.e. if you are sent off in St George you face their local judiciary panel which means if you are from out of district they throw the book at you and you can't appeal.

Majority of RMC players are of Penrith Junior League standard, some would struggle to make the top 5 A Grade sides. The silly thing is they would not be able to play anyway as they would be allocated too many points for trying to play in the RMC and would miss out anyway. Why Penrith persist with the points system is beyond me , the same clubs keep winning every year nothing much changes.
NRL - NSWCUP - 20'S - A GRADE COMPS would see more players back in to these comps and strengthening them.
The RMC/Bundy/Metro Cup has only been there to appease the powerful Club based Parra teams so as they had a comp to play in. The poor old other sides that have come and gone have just been cannon fodder for these teams.

Thats hilarious, majority of RMC teams would eat the penrith A grade for dinner, and still have room for desert.
Try telling The Entrance, Sydney Bulls, Auburn, Windsor and Burwood that they were just cannon fodder for the Parramatta district.
:crazy:

Kingsgrove finished 6th in 2011 (Their first season) with St Johns and Bankstown Sports behind them

MountainMan

Juniors
So getting rid of The RMC/Bundy/Metro Cup is the answer? What about those who miss making junior rep teams and make the Nrl via The RMC/Bundy/Metro Cup ,Kenny Sio,Tim Lafai,Matt Utai,Shane Shackleton,Fred Briggs etc etc,those guys arnt gonna get spotted playing A grade champ

slickrabbit

Juniors
Don't see Kingsgrove improving much if they have no NSW Cup affiliation or 100K + to compete on the player market. I think their thinking is too entrenched in their affiliation with the Roosters' NYC. This is why they're struggling as fringe NYC kids just aren't up to RMC, bar a few...

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
So getting rid of The RMC/Bundy/Metro Cup is the answer? What about those who miss making junior rep teams and make the Nrl via The RMC/Bundy/Metro Cup ,Kenny Sio,Tim Lafai,Matt Utai,Shane Shackleton,Fred Briggs etc etc,those guys arnt gonna get spotted playing A grade champ

They are all great quality champ.
Why has there been so many sponsors come and go ?
You never hear of the comp so it must be great.

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
Thats hilarious, majority of RMC teams would eat the penrith A grade for dinner, and still have room for desert.
Try telling The Entrance, Sydney Bulls, Auburn, Windsor and Burwood that they were just cannon fodder for the Parramatta district.
:crazy:

The top 3 clubs would compete with the teams running in the top 5 and more than compete against the bottom 7. Workers have been competitive for much of the year and St Marys have towelled them up in trials last 2 years.
Put them all back to there own districts/clubs and I think you would see.
Windsor take all juniors from elsewhere in the Penrith comp like and I would say Sydney Bulls and Auburn are choke full off juniors.

It's a nothing comp played in front of 100 spectators

slickrabbit

Juniors
The top 3 clubs would compete with the teams running in the top 5 and more than compete against the bottom 7. Workers have been competitive for much of the year and St Marys have towelled them up in trials last 2 years.
Put them all back to there own districts/clubs and I think you would see.
Windsor take all juniors from elsewhere in the Penrith comp like and I would say Sydney Bulls and Auburn are choke full off juniors.

It's a nothing comp played in front of 100 spectators

Penrith have started to push back some fringe players to Blacktown. As for being toweled up, I'm pretty sure I heard that 2012 pre-season BNRU's A-Grade toweled up a Penrith A-Grade side in a trial. Could be wrong, as I only heard about it. I would also imagine Blacktown don't play their fringe players from Penrith when they play trials, as it's trials for trialing players. Yours is a silly argument...if it were a silly comp, NSW Cup fringe players would play a-grade...THEY DON'T!

the final round of the 2013 premiership was held this weekend. Finals series start next week. Cabramatta finished in first place. Kingsgrove in last place.

Any idea on who plays who in the finals for next weekend?

And also, Fox Sports will be covering the Ron Casey Cup Grand Final. The game will be held at St Marys Stadium, on September 28. (This is thanks to the nswrl website)

the final round of the 2013 premiership was held this weekend. Finals series start next week. Cabramatta finished in first place. Kingsgrove in last place.

Any idea on who plays who in the finals for next weekend?

And also, Fox Sports will be covering the Ron Casey Cup Grand Final. The game will be held at St Marys Stadium, on September 28. (This is thanks to the nswrl website)

It's the Ron Massey Cup mate, you know, the bloke who was Jack Gibsons right hand man.
Won Casey was the guy famous for puching Normy Row on TV.
:iwstupid:

Finals week one:
- Burwood (6th) v Windsor (7th). Saturday, 1.45pm at Ringrose Park
- Mounties (2nd) v Wentworth (3rd), Saturday, 3,30pm, also at Ringrose Park
- Auburn (5th) v Western Suburbs (8th), Sunday, 1.45pm, at New Era Stadium
- Cabramatta (1st) v The Entrance (4th), Sunday, 3.30pm, at New Era Stadium