What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 FTA Allocation

Big Sam

First Grade
A few of the other teams have started up similar threads so I thought I'd do the same.

According to Slothfield, 14 of our first 18 games are on Channel 9. Whilst it's great exposure and reward for our outstanding 2012 season, I predict we'll feature in that delayed 3pm/4pm slot a lot.

And we'll have to put up with Gould's bias unfortunately.

Thoughts?

hunters

Juniors
Great recognition for what our team and brand offer the comptetion as a whole.

Hopefully doesn't impact on membership numbers.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Great news. Great to see good form rewarded. Hopefully it follows with membership and crowd numbers as well.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I have NFI about our FTA allocation for NY, but I'm pretty sure i'll say WTF, the NRL know SFA about scheduling. It will ruin plans for my BBQ.

Foxy

Juniors
This is great news for the club in that it guarantees exposure for our sponsors. We are already one of the best in the league for sponsorship but this gives us an opportunity to go even better.

The table below shows that our average crowds are higher for Friday and Sunday games so guarantees of most games played on these days is also a bonus. Hopefully our Monday and Saturday games are against the likes of out of towners like the Cowboys and Raiders where crowds are always low because being on TV can be a deterent to attendance...

Souths Home AttendanceRoundOpponentDay Crowd 1RoostersMon 18,278 4BroncosFri 15,599 6BulldogsFri 35,221 8CowboysSat 12,213 9SharksMon 13,281 12RaidersFri 10,054 17PanthersSun 13,096 18KnightsSun 16,104 20DragonsSat 21,071 21TigersSun 29,863 23Sea EglesFri 17,947 25EelsSun 24,121 Fri 19,705 Sat 16,642 Sun 20,796 Mon 15,780

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
This is great news for the club in that it guarantees exposure for our sponsors. We are already one of the best in the league for sponsorship but this gives us an opportunity to go even better.

The table below shows that our average crowds are higher for Friday and Sunday games so guarantees of most games played on these days is also a bonus. Hopefully our Monday and Saturday games are against the likes of out of towners like the Cowboys and Raiders where crowds are always low because being on TV can be a deterent to attendance...

Souths Home AttendanceRoundOpponentDay Crowd 1RoostersMon 18,278 4BroncosFri 15,599 6BulldogsFri 35,221 8CowboysSat 12,213 9SharksMon 13,281 12RaidersFri 10,054 17PanthersSun 13,096 18KnightsSun 16,104 20DragonsSat 21,071 21TigersSun 29,863 23Sea EglesFri 17,947 25EelsSun 24,121 Fri 19,705 Sat 16,642 Sun 20,796 Mon 15,780

The argument in bold makes no sense. If being on tv detracted from attendance levels, then surely a higher FTA frequency would mean lower crowds, given the wider reach that FTA has vs pay tv..

You'll find the crowds were lower for the matches against interstate clubs due to the lower proportion of opposition fans due to the tryany of distance.

A large percentage of your bigger crowds that you saw vs Sydney teams is due to opposition fans showing up..

Foxy

Juniors
The argument in bold makes no sense. If being on tv detracted from attendance levels, then surely a higher FTA frequency would mean lower crowds, given the wider reach that FTA has vs pay tv..

You'll find the crowds were lower for the matches against interstate clubs due to the lower proportion of opposition fans due to the tryany of distance.

A large percentage of your bigger crowds that you saw vs Sydney teams is due to opposition fans showing up..

Thats what I said. Because our crowds against them are small I hope that we play them on a Monday or Saturday because even less will come to the game if they can stay at home and watch it on TV, Good crowd games will stay that way regardless of TV

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Thats what I said. Because our crowds against them are small I hope that we play them on a Monday or Saturday because even less will come to the game if they can stay at home and watch it on TV, Good crowd games will stay that way regardless of TV

That's not what you said at all..

You've said that being on tv is a deterrent to fans turning up.. by that logic crowds should be dropping off as pay tv subscriptions increase..

What drives low crowds is weather, time of match, location of match (that includes opposition fans not traveling due to distance), expected quality of match and price of tickets (that includes membership packages)..

Big Sam

First Grade
I think what he meant to say Muzby is we're always going to draw poorly against out of town teams like NQ and Canberra so we may as well play them in our 2 worse timeslots of Saturday evening and Monday night, thus optimising the higher drawing Sydney club games for the key times of Friday and Sunday.

Foxy

Juniors
I think what he meant to say Muzby is we're always going to draw poorly against out of town teams like NQ and Canberra so we may as well play them in our 2 worse timeslots of Saturday evening and Monday night, thus optimising the higher drawing Sydney club games for the key times of Friday and Sunday.

Thanks Sam! That is exactly what I was saying
I didnt realise that you had to be so carefully selective of your words on this forum, maybe I should keep them to one syllable for Muzby's sake in future

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Thanks Sam! That is exactly what I was saying
I didnt realise that you had to be so carefully selective of your words on this forum, maybe I should keep them to one syllable for Muzby's sake in future

Crazy world when you need to be able to express your thoughts clearly via written communication on a medium where text and numbers are 95% of the content....

Foxy

Juniors
Crazy world when you need to be able to express your thoughts clearly via written communication on a medium where text and numbers are 95% of the content....

You really are sad...

Step 1: you interpreted something i said in a way it was intentended
Step 2: rather than question it you felt the need to challenge me and suggest I didnt know what i was talking about
Step 3: I politely set the record striaght and confirm that I meant exactly as you suggested I should have said
Step 4: You feel the need to tell me I still don't know what I'm talking about and your original interpretation of my comment therefore remains what I really meant because you must know better what I was saying than I would

I can therefore only conclude one of two things:

1. I must from this time forth check with you prior to thinking anything to make sure I am thinking what I think I am thinking or

2.You have no greater joy to look forward to in life than to look for people you think you might be more intelligent than and try and impress this self assessed superior intelligence upon them.

either way I hope you can find something better to do with your time

Last edited:

Foxy

Juniors
Intentended?

Intended!

Ironic that the first comment upon my rant about people having nothing better to do than find fault in others is someone else doing the same...

obviously it is typo... for those that have problems with abbreviation let me correct that to "typographical error"... it appears this forum is full of people who are more interested in finding fault in other peple than they are in the purpose of the forum

PS... The typo in this message is intentional but please anyone that has nothing better to do than to find fault in others go ahead and let me know anyway....

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You really are sad...

Actually I'm quite a happy and positive person..

You, on the other hand give off the impression of being in a melancholy state..

Would you like a hug?

I give good hugs..

Big Sam

First Grade
Would you like a hug?

I give good hugs..

freehug.jpg

Latest posts