What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 full strength line up

League_God

Juniors
We're far enough into the year to have seen enough of our players to decide on a full strength line up once everyone is fit and available for selection.

Mine;

1.Darius Boyd
2.James McManus
3.Dane Gagai
4.Joey Leulia
5.Aku Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Tyrone Roberts
8.Kade Snowden
9.Danny Buderus
10.Willie Mason
11.Robbie Rochow
12.Beau Scott
13.Jeremy Smith

14.Kurt Gidley
15.Dave Faalogo
16.Adam Cuthbertson
17.Alex McKinnon

Rod

Bench
Yep, agreed with that lineup. Quality looking side. Touchwood that side could be running out towards the end of the round robin.

From what I have seen this year I have been uninpressed with McKinnon and faalogo has had a better season. Long term I'd obviously go McKinnon but if we go for our best possible lineup faalogo gets my bench spot

Yosh

Coach
From what I have seen this year I have been uninpressed with McKinnon and faalogo has had a better season. Long term I'd obviously go McKinnon but if we go for our best possible lineup faalogo gets my bench spot

Unless I misunderstood the post... They are both on the bench... Personally I though Alex did alright considering he played some games at centre as well.

timka4

Bench
Shame that Gower misses out. I've loved watching him playing for us, Gidley probably would be the better option as bench utility/hooker rotator, but at least Gower wouldn't probably brain fart like Gidley is prone too.

RABK

Referee
f**k Gidley, i hope he is out for the season. I feel a lot more confident of a serious september tilt without captain f**kup hogging the ball.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'd have Gower in ahead of Gidley with no hesitation. Gower is a premiership winner with far more big game experience than Gidley and like Timka4 said he doesn't deliver brain farts.

Stick

Juniors
Gidley probably would be the better option as bench utility/hooker rotator

I disagree like a few others but, to elaborate beyond "f**k Gidley", I think Gidley will provide a lot of value as starting hooker next season with maybe Gower but more likely Clydesdale coming off the bench.

However, at the moment I would rather have Gower ahead of Gidley in #14 while Buderus is fit. I think Gower is the better utility for the simple reason that he is smarter than Gidley.

When you're only coming on for a short burst you don't need Gidley's energy and stamina, you just need someone to make intelligent decisions and to take the smart option. I don't think anyone could do that better than Gower.

perverse

Referee
I don't want Gidley back, either. What is Wayne going to do here? He's been so supportive and adamant of Gidley's position in our team as captain for so long... but it's clear to anyone that we're a better team without him now that Gower is here. He's not even our best bench utility option anymore.

Mullen is thriving as captain, too. Will Wayne really take this team that has found it's rhythm and take massive strides backwards by reinstating Gidley in the team? He's going to have a really tough decision to make when Gids is back if all our boys are fully fit.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I disagree like a few others but, to elaborate beyond "f**k Gidley", I think Gidley will provide a lot of value as starting hooker next season with maybe Gower but more likely Clydesdale coming off the bench.

However, at the moment I would rather have Gower ahead of Gidley in #14 while Buderus is fit. I think Gower is the better utility for the simple reason that he is smarter than Gidley.

When you're only coming on for a short burst you don't need Gidley's energy and stamina, you just need someone to make intelligent decisions and to take the smart option. I don't think anyone could do that better than Gower.

That's a real headache that one. The reason that Gidley was selected for the Blues this year is because of his ability to cover other positions. If there are injuries, he can cover any back line position as well as lock and hooker. Gower can only really cover the halves and hooker role. So I guess the question is; does gower offer enough more in those 3 positions then Gidley offers in those positions, as Gidley can cover more positions? Also it's hard to really make a definitive comment, as Gower has played around 80 or so minutes since he's been here and Gidley has barely played over 18 months.

On another note, I'm looking forward to Buderus getting some match fitness under his belt. In the games since his back injury, he's appeared fatigued early and also looks to be taking the odd short cut, as not to burn himself out to early. It's easy to understand why he's underdone as it would be very difficult to train when coming back from back surgery.