What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 NFL Season Wish List

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Just for some fun, what would you all like your team to do this off season.
Lets also try and be realistic.

For Patriots

Re Sign
Welker 2 years, 18mill
Talib 2 years 16mill option for 2 more at 22mill
Edelman 3 years 11mill
Tag Vollmer then trade or sign to a decent deal

Sign
Brian Hartline or Massaquoi (WR)
Derek Cox (CB)
Chad Reinhart (OG)

Dogs Of War

Coach
I was hoping more so what you would like to see your team do next season.

For me the bengals need to win a playoff game to get that monkey off there back.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Cut Vick
Restructure Nnamdi and Jenkins
Let DRC walk
Cut Coleman
Re-sign Colt Anderson
Trade Cole for a 2nd round around 10th mark

Sign: Greg Jennings WR, Larry Grant ILB, Jarius Byrd FS (Chip helps here), Sione Pouha NT.

Draft:
Joeckel LT 1st Round
Rhodes CB 2nd Round
Manaul QB 2nd Round
Brandon Williams NT 3rd Round
TJ McDonald SS 4th Round

remaining draft rounded out with Chips projects

Starting line up:

OFF:
OL: Peters - Mathis - Kelce - Herremans - Joeckel (Joeckel plays RT this year before moving to LT next year, or sooner if Peters cant get back to his elite level)
TE: Celek
WR: Jennings - Maclin - Jackson in the slot (minimum 3 wide out sets always, welcome to chip era)
QB: Manuel/Foles
RB: McCoy

DEF:
DL: Cox - Willaims/Pouha - Jenkins
LB: Kendricks - Ryans - Grant - Graham
CB: Asomagha - Rhodes
S: McDonald/Allen - Byrd

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
Re-sign Brent Grimes at the right price
Re-sign William Moore
Re-sign Robert McClain

Tag Sam Baker

Don't resign Todd McClure

Cut Michael Turner
Cut Dunta Robinson

1st - DE/MLB
2nd - G
3rd - RB

Pray Tony Gonzalez comes back, otherwise invest mid round draft pick on TE

DC_fan

Coach
Cowboys Prioritites

Re Sign
Anthony Spencer OLB/DE
Earnie Sims LB

Cut
Jay Ratliff NT

Restructure contract
Miles Austin WR

Sign
Henry Melton DT

gronkathon

First Grade
Don't think DRC will walk. Not after signing Bill Davis as the DC. DRC was boss at the Cards with Davis running the defence

Raider_69

Post Whore
Certainly the Davis move at DC increases the chances of DRC staying and playing well. He was a pretty good #1 CB under Davis

Raider_69

Post Whore
Honestly i think he's a dog ordinary coach, im surprised Jones has such faith in him. This is a guy trying very hard to take Crazy Al's mantle but he wont make a move to punt an under performing coach?

Cowboys wont do anything with him at the helm but then again i dont think they'll do anything with any coach whilst Romo is QB... its not that Romo is a bad QB, he's actually pretty good but he's never going to lead a team to the Lombardi. Dallas is in a holding pattern until Garrett and Romo are out.

DC_fan

Coach
@MarTiger and Raider 69

GM Jerry jones is going no where while he owns the team. But in saying that his son Stephen makes a lot of the decisions.

Rightly or wrongly Jerry believes he gave up too early on Chan Gailey, after just two seasons as head coach back in 1999. He doesn't want to do the same thing with Garrett. Jason's record reads 21-19. While not brilliant, it's not bad.

Season 2013 will be Garretts last chance with the Cowboys. For him to survive past that season he will have to make the playoffs and possibly win at least one game.

Jerry has made changes to the offensive coaching structure for next season. Most likely the play calling will be given to Bill Callahan.

@MarTiger

Juniors
@MarTiger and Raider 69

1. GM Jerry jones is going no where while he owns the team. But in saying that his son Stephen makes a lot of the decisions.

Rightly or wrongly Jerry believes he gave up too early on Chan Gailey, after just two seasons as head coach back in 1999. He doesn't want to do the same thing with Garrett. Jason's record reads 21-19. While not brilliant, it's not bad.

2. Season 2013 will be Garretts last chance with the Cowboys. For him to survive past that season he will have to make the playoffs and possibly win at least one game.

Jerry has made changes to the offensive coaching structure for next season. Most likely the play calling will be given to Bill Callahan.

1. Stating the obvious ain't we? Of course he isn't going anywhere whilst he remains the owner. I don't want him to go anywhere - I want Garrett gone.

2. Stating the obvious again. Garrett will have to make the playoffs and win a game. Full stop. End of story. Jones make no mistake about it has eyes on his next Head Coach and he will be a big name I am certain from either the NCAA or NFL.

DC_fan

Coach
1. Stating the obvious ain't we? Of course he isn't going anywhere whilst he remains the owner. I don't want him to go anywhere - I want Garrett gone.

2. Stating the obvious again. Garrett will have to make the playoffs and win a game. Full stop. End of story. Jones make no mistake about it has eyes on his next Head Coach and he will be a big name I am certain from either the NCAA or NFL.

Sometimes for people to understand, you do need to state the bleeding obvious.

DC_fan

Coach
The Return of Jon Gruden Perhaps?

It is a rumour doing the rounds.

My concern with Gruden, if he was to be named head coach, is that come season 2014 he would have been out of the coaching game for 5 years. In my opinion that's too long to be away from the game.

I will not write off Gruden, but at this stage I think Lovie Smith is a better option.

@MarTiger

Juniors
Sometimes for people to understand, you do need to state the bleeding obvious.

I get where you're coming from though most in the NFL forum seem to have a good appreciation for the NFL and it's perhaps not needed as much as other outlets here at LU. Just my 2c.

Re: Jon Gruden, disagree. Gruden is still very much involved in the NFL and he is a young man when discussing a Head Coach. The break if anything will have done him the world of good in my opinion. We would get a recharged Gruden who would bring life to an organisation who is likely to be sitting on ONE PLAYOFF WIN in 17 years (yes, I don't think we will get one this upcoming season either - I hope I am gloriously proven to be wrong here!).

Latest posts