What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Squad

Foxy

Juniors
It's my understanding that our 25 man squad for 2013 is likely to be:

Backs:
M Buckett, A Everingham, D Farrell, B Goodwin, J Hunt, G Inglis, M King, C McQueen, N Merritt, B Te'o

Halves:
J Hunt, G Inglis, L Keary, A Reynolds, J Sutton

Forwards:
R Asotasi, G Burgess, L Burgess, S Burgess, T Burgess, J Clark, M Crocker, J Lima, B Lowe, I Luke, C McQueen, N Peats, J Sutton, B Te'o, D Tyrell

(underlined players are likely 17, bold-italic players fit in multiple groups, purple players are new signings... I considered a colour for Burgess brothers and captains as well)

It's my understanding that Carr, Corrigan, Johnston, Judd, Mckinnon, Starling and Talanoa are all gone in addition to the higher profile departures of Geddes, Pettyborne and Taylor... I hope these are all correct??

Does anyone know of any other signings or NYC players that might step up? (Jesse Roberts??)

rabbitohs95

Bench
Pretty sure Starling is still contracted to us for 2013, and we've secured the services of Greg Waddell from the Panthers (centre)

Big Sam

First Grade
If you do the voting for the NRL All-Stars on nrl.com, Starling and (disappointingly) Talanoa are still listed.

I know Carr's gone to play in France.

Matrix

Juniors
I think the squads have gone up from 25 to 30 next season havent they?I would say Greg Waddell,korisau and kyle turner might be in there to.

ThingFish

Juniors
Yeah, Corrigan is still on the books and the squads have to now have 30 players.

I've heard Waddell from Penrith maybe announced. It will also be interesting to see what we do if Titans release Beau Champion early. It looks like they are clearing the decks.

Zigwaa

Bench
I'd welcome Champion back in a heartbeat.

I don't think Matt King will play on past next season and if he does I hope it's not with us.

ThingFish

Juniors
I've heard that his groins still not 100% and he may even announce retirement sometime during preseason if it doesn't come good.

I'd love to have Beau back. But after the way the club shafted him I'm not so sure he'd come back.

hunters

Juniors
I loved Beau's passion for the club and he was one of my favourites but his best days are gone now. Swapping King for Champion is a break even deal I'm afraid.

rabbitohs95

Bench
On the website the list is now: (* = new to the squad)

Roy Asotasi
Mitchell Buckett *
Tom Burgess *
Sam Burgess
George Burgess
Luke Burgess
Jason Clark
Shaune Corrigan
Michael Crocker
Andrew Everingham
Dylan Farrell
Bryson Goodwin *
Justin Hunt
Greg Inglis
Luke Keary *
Matt King
Jeff Lima *
Ben Lowe
Issac Luke
Chris McQueen
Nathan Merritt
Nathan Peats
Tyrone Phillips *
Adam Reynolds
Josh Starling
John Sutton
Ben Te'o *
Kyle Turner *
David Tyrrell

What do you think of the 29 man squad so far?

Edward

Juniors
1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. McQueen
4. Farrell
5. Everingham
6. Sutton
7. Reynolds
8. L Burgess
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. S Burgess (c)
12. Te'o
13. Crocker

14. Peats
15. Tyrrell
16. Lima
17. Lowe

rabbitohs95

Bench
1. Inglis
2. Merritt
3. McQueen
4. Farrell
5. Everingham
6. Sutton
7. Reynolds
8. L Burgess
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. S. Burgess
12. Te'o
13. Crocker (c)

14. Lima
15. Tyrrell
16. G. Burgess
17. Peats

Foxy

Juniors
Interesting that we have named a 29 man squad rather than a 30 man squad. Means we either have another signing in the pipeline or Madge is still deciding on the last spot

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Interesting that we have named a 29 man squad rather than a 30 man squad. Means we either have another signing in the pipeline or Madge is still deciding on the last spot

Or potentially just human error and whoever posted the team list online just missed one off the list...

rabbitohs95

Bench
That could be a possibility Muz, i know for a fact Greg Waddell from the Panthers was seen with Rabbitohs training staff from reports and that there hasn't been any news about an official contract yet, so there's every possibility he could be the Bunnies' 30th squad member.

Jam Wowz

Juniors
Waddell would need to pass a medical.
Talanoa still has a contract for 2013, he will need to be released/paid out.
According to Zerotackle, Curtis Johnston is on for 2013 but no source.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Latest posts