What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 team

BlueEyes

Juniors
Lol we now know who to listen to and who not to listen to when it comes to rumour milling :) Thanks Zombie.

zombie jesus

Staff member
STAR fullback Brett Stewart*has revealed he*is set to*sign a new contract with the Sea Eagles next week.

The news ends speculation*about his*future*that started in*February.

It is*a big boost for the Sea Eagels ahead*of Sunday's*clash with*Newcastle at Brookvale.

Stewart said his manager Darryl Mather was currently sorting out a few minor details with the club.

``But its not far off, put it that way,'' Stewart said.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-stewart-to-resign-with-manly/

See how it goes...

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Read that one earlier today. Fingers crossed it is sorted before the finals.

I would be happy to see April batting 0 and 3. Hopefully 0-4 with a contract upgrade for G Stewart. ;-)

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
MANLY'S Brett Stewart says injury and ongoing speculation over his future have made this year's NRL campaign one of the most difficult he can remember but gave every indication today he'd continue his decade-long association with the Sea Eagles. "It's just a few loose ends getting tied up," Stewart said when asked about his contract situation with the club.
"I don't want to go anywhere. I never wanted to go anywhere else."
Stewart has battled a hamstring injury this season as well as talk he might leave a club he first played with in 2003.
The devastating fullback has had several injury-plagued years but maintains this was as a tricky a season as he's had to contend with.
"It's been one of the most disjointed years I've been involved with," Stewart said.
Manly coach Geoff Toovey is also hopeful Stewart's contract situation will be resolved shortly.
"We've made a fairly good offer for him to stay and we're fairly confident that he will," he said.

"He loves playing here and he loves the club - he's been here for a long time since he's forged his career so we're hopeful he'll want to stay."
The Sea Eagles named star duo Steve Matai and Jason King in their team to take on Newcastle this weekend after the pair missed Friday's convincing 23-6 win over South Sydney in Gosford.
Matai (ankle) and co-captain King (sternum) were considered for the game with the Rabbitohs but Toovey opted to give the pair another week's recovery.
"I think Stevie's looking good and Kingy's pretty confident. We'll give them plenty of time to find their feet," Toovey said.
"I thought the players that filled in for them last week did a great job."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ma...al-with-the-club/story-fndujljl-1226450353624

Manly comings and goings for 2013 from Silvertails

Out:-
Darcy Lussick -> Eels
Daniel Harrison -> Eels
Michael Oldfield -> Roosters
Tony Williams -> Bulldogs
Dean Whare -> Panthers

Possibly Out:-
Vic Mauro -> UK
Tim Robinson -> Eels
Brent Kite -> Tigers

In:-
Ligi Sao <- Warriors NYC
Peta Hiku <- Warriors NYC
Michael Chee Kam <- Raiders NYC
Richard Fa'aoso <- Storm
Jacob Gagan <- Eels NYC
Joshua Robinson - NEW

Possibly In:-
Jesse Sene-Lefao <- Panthers NYC
Brad Takairangi <- Roosters
Adrian Ha'angana <- Souths NYC

Patorick

Staff member
Do believe Vic's staying.

Worried about Kite going, we'll miss him heaps if so.

webbland

Juniors
i heard we may be getting a forward from st g under 20's who has been very good all yr but not the "star"ie the workhorse

Footin mouth

Juniors
Two weeks ago in the Daily Telegraph there was a mention of Manly possibly looking for a cheap alternative for the wingers that we lost or injured by looking at Mantellato (Knights winger NSW cup) and leading points scorer for the Knights to fill the gap. Any ideas on the story or just a beat up?