What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 - Three Tiered Comp?

hardbaby

Coach
The more I look at it, the more I see three tiers next year

Top Tier (Positions 1 - 6)
Dogs
Storm
Cowboys
Rabbits
Sharks
Eagles

Second Tier (Positions 7 - 12)
Dragons
Raiders
Broncos
Knights
Warriors
Roosters

Third Tier (Positions 13 - 16)
Panthers
Titans
Tigers
Eels

Thoughts?

Amozzie

Juniors
I can see the Knights improving dramatically in 2013.

In fact I see more potential threats in your second tier than in the first.

Mr Red

First Grade
big improvers next year:
Knights
Panthers (have recruited very well)
raiders - if they stay injury free
i am also keen to see how Potter (POTTOR) does with the tigers..

there is also a team or two that will under achieve... i think sharks could be that team.

hardbaby

Coach
I expect the Warriors to bounce back. They have signed some good players (and some noted defenders). They just need to lower their error rate and improve their fitness levels. As for the coach, I don't really know what to expect from him.

Slackboy72

Coach
I think that if anyone can correctly predict the ladder next year then they will have done so by sheer luck.

Divine

Bench
It's fascinating watching the weight of expectation weigh some teams down and not others. The Storm and the Dragons (briefly) have shown they can wear favoritism as a badge of honour under their respective( in our case former) coach while the majority comically scramble for the underdog tag.
2013 will be a year where 16 teams will be flying under the radar!

hardbaby

Coach
I think that if anyone can correctly predict the ladder next year then they will have done so by sheer luck.

Yep it's super close. Should be a great comp. Still, I think there are 6 teams that are clearly finals-bound and 4 teams that clearly aren't. It's the middle tier that is almost impossible to predict.

No doubt injuries will play a part. I have both Manly and Melbourne in my Top 6 but feel that both teams are significantly weakened in terms of depth and are far more susceptible in 2014 than they were this year.

hardbaby

Coach
I almost guarantee the Storm won't be minor premiers although if they qualify in the Top 4 they will be hard to roll in the finals. They have lost some key players and signed nothing much (although Finch will be very handy). Slater's injury this year showed just how susceptible they are. They really struggled through the Origin period. Thus far, Cronk and Smith have been damn near bulletproof. I reckon this luck will change next year. I am predicting one of the Big 3 to be injured. Storm will qualify 5th and get rolled in the finals.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well for what it is worth, I think it's Melbourne first by a country mile. No doubt their name players are stellar performers, but the area where they excell like no other team, is the drills that Bellamy has instilled into their nobodies. Much like where Wayne has us, but with much more attacking flair.

hardbaby

Coach
Agree with your analysis (but not where they will finish). I just have a hunch things won't be as easy next year. Bellamy is the best coach by far at explaining what role each player has on the field. Each guy know what line to run, when he will get the ball, what play is coming up. They communicate so well and nobody overplays their hand. It's like the whole team is thinking three plays in advance. Their ability to isolate players and target weaknesses is awesome.

64 Dragon

Coach
He signed for another 4 years, I think. Unfortunately Schubert has not ratified the contract under the salary cap rules, a bit like the SBW contract.

hardbaby

Coach
Yeah but with the marquee and other allowances in the soon-to-be-modified salary cap, they will be able to fit him in without a drama.

hardbaby

Coach
Certainly not at the elite level. That's a long contract for a guy who is turning 28 and has a history of knee problems.

Latest posts