What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 VW Tiguan v Toyota Camry?

What's that, a Camry? At least you dont have to look at it once you're inside

Lol.

I’m not trying to get my leg over it!

Just drive it in into the ground over 3 or 4 years until my next vehicular victim arrives.

I was born for the age of horse and cart. Cars and I have been in an abusive relationship for 30 years.

Last edited:

McLovin

Staff member
Pass on the Tiguan and go for a Mk6 GTI for similar money. Fun cars to drive. If you do go for a Tiguan, those TSI engines around that time are notorious for having timing chain issues due to poor design. Make sure the chains have been done using updated parts. Other than that, there are no real major issues you should look out for. Maybe check for leaks around the diverter valve as this can be a telltale sign that the turbo is on the way out. Can't comment on the Camry but Toyotas are generally quite reliable and reasonably priced when repairs are needed.

Thanks everyone, I went off and bought the Camry.

I thought about the economy during COVID and how it’s about to tank, so better off with a more reliable fridge on wheels.

I got a good km model at a fair price from a mid tier multi franchise dealer. Nothing miraculous. Books etc. I will put some photos up when I take delivery.

Latest posts