What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014/15 Cricket Schedule released

Red Bear

Referee
http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/6/23/cricket-australia-fixture-for-2014-2015-announced

69F868914B474EC6A712D781F2B24287.ashx

Only four tests (world Cup), heaps of ODI's. Shield season has a two month break in it. they spread the BBL over 43 days (35 games).

Domestic one day comp is over Brisbane and Sydney this year.

NSW has no home shield games in the first three round and only two SCG games (world cup in the second half of the season).

Weird season, obviously world cup playing its part there.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Would have liked a 5th test in Perth, will miss that. Otherwise as expected

Might try and get out to a Shield day/nighter and see what its like, I dare say will be a bit weird

Also we will get plenty of ODI practice playing against England, SA and India before the tournament proper

undertaker

Coach
Good to see the reintroduction of the tri-series (albeit in a shorten version).

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
Terrible call. Semis should be at home grounds, and the only neutral venue that should get a look in for the final is the Gold Coast - make it a party venue.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I assume you are talking the Gold Coast AFL ground Timbo ?

I was there for last years BDO and it doesn't have a pitch

Timbo

Staff member
Neither does the Showground, but they're playing there this summer.

Timbo

Staff member
In fact, the best way to do the whole neutral thing would be to do what they do in England.

Semi finals and final on the same day at the same ground. Play it at the Gold Coast and market it as an occasion, like the Rugby 7s.

jargan83

Coach
http://www.theroar.com.au/cricket/big-bash-league-fixtures/

Not to mention the semi-finals are also at fixed venues: SCG and MCG. Bad, baaaaaaaaaaad idea.

Also, don't like the same concept of Ch10/CA trying to stretch out the tournament for as long as they can. Only one double header played (January 11).

That's ridiculous. I can see a potential fixture of Perth vs Hobart drawing a huge crowd at the SCG or MCG :sarcasm:

Timbo has the right idea, if they are going to do the neutral venue thing they should follow England and play it all on the same day.

Latest posts