What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014/15 Premier League

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Right - if we're comparing midtable or below clubs it's huge, but Liverpool and Chelsea aren't midtable clubs (at least not yet as far as Liverpool is concerned).

Having an extra 13k seats to bring it upto 58k (I think?) will help yes, but the amount it will earn the club will be dwarfed by one additional sponsorship deal - that was my original point about the importance of stadia and attendances, at least at the top level.

you're not factoring there the cost per seat. chelski can justify asking for a premium atm because of there performances

apples for apples it makes a big difference, an extra 15k at say 50 pound each = 750k per match x say 28 matches = 21m BEFORE you slap on premium cost + catering + sponsorship

Game_Breaker

Coach
That's only half the story. You completely misundertsand and misrepresent CPO's role.

I voted no too btw but only because they couldn't present a plan at the time. Which is what they're working on at the moment. The move to Battersea or Earls Court would have been good if they'd come off. But I'd prefer to stay at the bridge, it's the only ground we've played at and haven't sold our soul and jumped like other clubs over the years.
The plan to redevelop SB is shaping up well. But if an alternate site with a good plan is presented I expect that to go ahead too.

Umm.... The club is owned by a Russian billionaire. Whatever soul the club had disappeared after that

Also in terms of the strange theory of land value of football pitches excluding the stadium itself, wouldn't craven cottage be worth more? It is right next to the Thames

t-ba

Post Whore
As a fan of a club with a more storied history and bigger fan base than Chelsea before Romanov took over, these arguments are stupid. It's pretty funny using foreign ownership as an example of soullessness. About 3/4's of clubs down to the Conference are foreign owned. Y'all just jealous Chelski has an owner willing to throw shitloads of cash around.

Unless I'm missing something here and it's only nationals of certain countries that make a club soulless.

I wouldn't give two shits if Wednesday got taken over by a Roman and bought our way to hundreds of 'soulless' trophies. It'd be f**king awesome.

saint.nick

Coach
I don't think people call Chelsea soulless merely because they have a rich Russian owner. That's silly because other big clubs have rich owners too.

Game_Breaker

Coach
As a fan of a club with a more storied history and bigger fan base than Chelsea before Romanov took over, these arguments are stupid. It's pretty funny using foreign ownership as an example of soullessness. About 3/4's of clubs down to the Conference are foreign owned. Y'all just jealous Chelski has an owner willing to throw shitloads of cash around.

Unless I'm missing something here and it's only nationals of certain countries that make a club soulless.

I wouldn't give two shits if Wednesday got taken over by a Roman and bought our way to hundreds of 'soulless' trophies. It'd be f**king awesome.

The no soul argument is in reference to Haffa's comment that Chelsea don't want to move away from the most valuable piece of football real estate because they'll be selling their soul.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I think Barca used the same argument for the refusal to accept a front jersey sponsorship, and now state owned Qatar airways sponsors them

t-ba

Post Whore
Lol, I cannot believe I used the name of the dinky bloke who owned Hearts instead of Ambromovich.

These arguments are just bizarre, and Liverpool and Arsenal fans are bitter with hopped up delusions of grandeur. Chelsea were an honest club that hit the jackpot and now have vast legions of plastics. So what? Todays plastic gives rise to tomorrows tragic.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Agree T-Ba, most LFC fans still think we have a god given right to be successful cos we were a powerhouse 30 years ago. Gary Neville summed up LFC beautifully last week and alot of our fans should take notice of what he said.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Lol, I cannot believe I used the name of the dinky bloke who owned Hearts instead of Ambromovich.

These arguments are just bizarre, and Liverpool and Arsenal fans are bitter with hopped up delusions of grandeur. Chelsea were an honest club that hit the jackpot and now have vast legions of plastics. So what? Todays plastic gives rise to tomorrows tragic.

That's my point in bold

Chelski fans claiming some moral high ground for not moving from Stamford bridge is hilarious

We out grew Highbury, they're too small to out grow the bridge

t-ba

Post Whore
That's more than the capacity of the Emirates. I reckon it's pretty soulless to have a stadium that nobody has any f**king clue about a name beyond a corporate patrician, Talking about selling your soul.

Besides, you can make an absolute killing selling packages to Iqbal from Kuching and Raj from Chennai to fill the stadium out during the regular season, much like ManU do. These people of course won't be coming to a victory parade unless they are already in town.

Game_Breaker

Coach
That's more than the capacity of the Emirates. I reckon it's pretty soulless to have a stadium that nobody has any f**king clue about a name beyond a corporate patrician, Talking about selling your soul.

Besides, you can make an absolute killing selling packages to Iqbal from Kuching and Raj from Chennai to fill the stadium out during the regular season, much like ManU do. These people of course won't be coming to a victory parade unless they are already in town.

Ofcourse its more than emirates, but we're talking about a parade in 2012 after they won the FA cup and CL.

Liverpool got 10x that in 2005 I think and Arsenal got 250k last year just for the FA cup. I'm not bagging them, just saying there's a reason why they haven't moved or dramatically upgraded stamford bridge, the demand isn't there compared to other clubs. Has nothing to do with not selling their "soul"

t-ba

Post Whore
If they keep winning they will fill it with Wealthy Asian, American, Eastern European and African package tourists.

Latest posts