What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Captain

Who would/should be captain?

• Total voters

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Would of loved to see Young get a chance to captain the club but I doubt he'll be still playing in 2014 with his knees.

Out of the list you'd have to think Creagh.

If Young is still playing in 2014, then he is it for sure. But, as mentioned i don't think he'll be running around then so it goes to Creagh.

TheRev

Coach
- well of that list, Creagh is the only player that stands out, as I dont think Soward needs any additional pressure.

- I think Nightingale is 1 option, but bit unusual for a Winger (unless hes fullback by then).

- Alternatively 1 of the new kids, but prob too much 2 soon.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Nightingale would be my tip but he is not listed. He bleeds the red and white. Creagh second choice.

Why are you thinking that far ahead. Sounds like you can't wait for these guys to go. They are 3 deadset champions and it will be a sad day when they announce retirement, especially Hornby and Coops. Have given so much to the club and people say there is no such thing as loyalty. These guys are a true example that there is.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Nightingale would be my tip but he is not listed. He bleeds the red and white. Creagh second choice.

Why are you thinking that far ahead. Sounds like you can't wait for these guys to go. They are 3 deadset champions and it will be a sad day when they announce retirement, especially Hornby and Coops. Have given so much to the club and people say there is no such thing as loyalty. These guys are a true example that there is.

:lol:

Bring back choc

Juniors
This is a great question... Not an easy one to answer either. None of the players listed are captain material IMO. Could nightingale be the first winger to be club captain?? Would he be? Great leader I think.

Perhaps soward could develop into a leader. Could flourish in the role.

Bring back choc

Juniors
This is a great question... Not an easy one to answer either. None of the players listed are captain material IMO. Could nightingale be the first winger to be club captain?? Would he be? Great leader I think.

Perhaps soward could develop into a leader. Could flourish in the role.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Could nightingale be the first winger to be club captain??
Ainscough was once a winger captain for a match.

But club captain? Can't think of winger at this of night. Totally agree that Nightingale has the attributes.

Now a massive team player, I recall Flo taking on his own team mates in Jersey Flegg after a try was conceded. Not a good look at the time. He told them what he thought, they backed off. In retrospect, he was right.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Soward as Capt? Seriously?

You did watch the Tigers game last year where we lost cause he did not want to tackle didn't you? Stuff Captains are made of. NOT.

If he perdfoms like that under Pricey he will be playing for Shellharbour. Pricey git up him big time apparently, and so he should of.

gypsy

Bench
Soward as Capt? Seriously?

You did watch the Tigers game last year where we lost cause he did not want to tackle didn't you? Stuff Captains are made of. NOT.

If he perdfoms like that under Pricey he will be playing for Shellharbour. Pricey git up him big time apparently, and so he should of.

The Tigers example you used isn't real fair. He should never have been forced to stay out there with back spasms.
Also without knowing the dynamics within the group, apart from what comes across on TV etc, I don't think many know who the best candidate for captain would be.
Having a vote by the players is the best way I think, in the event of a tie, Price could pick the captain. Not keen on going back to those co-captain days.

Last edited: