What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Captain

Who would/should be captain?

• Total voters

God-King Dean

Immortal
As others have said, Young would be the obvious choice, but I doubt very much he'll play past his current contract.

I'm leaning towards Scott. The others don't strike me as leaders. Not sure what Scott is like behind the scenes though.

TheRev

Coach
Scott is the closest thing we have to a boof-head/hot-head though, I like having someone like that to counter other sides trying to imtimidate us, but hes the sort of player who can easily get sent off or upset the ref.

Doesnt necessarily rule him out, but im thinking someone calmer.

Father Ted

First Grade
Scott is the closest thing we have to a boof-head/hot-head though, I like having someone like that to counter other sides trying to imtimidate us, but hes the sort of player who can easily get sent off or upset the ref.

I see your point but They said the same thing about John Sattler back in the day.

Breathingfire

Juniors
Beau is my favourite forward at the Dragons but I don't think it would be right to give him the captaincy in front of someone like Creagh who has toiled hard for the club from the outset. He would make a very good captain. He is courageous, proud, strong, cool headed but tough.

Bring back choc

Juniors

Beau Scott is one of our most important players. But in reality he hates talking... He's the not a front man.

Also, sorry to briefly jump off topic but I'm her to tell you that the panthers are circling beau Scott big time.
We need to wrap his contract up ASAP. He's very good mates with one of the senior panthers players and I happen to chat with that panther recently. They will make a big play for him. Pretty sure he wants to stay but apparently not much discussion has started with his management and dragons.

Surely he's going to attract decent money!

gypsy

Bench
You were bagging other people on here for the same sort of thing. Second hand rumour mill off-season rubbish.

Plus, the market is closed according to you.

Last edited:

Breathingfire

Juniors
It may or may not be a rumour but we do need to make Beau a priority. It would make sense that he will attract the attention of other clubs when he comes off contract and I would hate for us to lose him.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I'd give Nighty a go.
Soward may show more maturity and inspiration between now and then though ?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Dependent on how Nightingale and Soward mature over the next two years, it'll be out of them IMO unless we snag some other experienced player. Creagh isn't a leader, Young won't be around IMO, Weyman is slowing up, Hunt is unlikely.

Scott is probably the only other likely candidate, but his judiciary record is unlikely to allow him to have a good rapport with ref's

Flo would be my pick.

possm

Coach
What a load of rubbish. Price will be a big success with the Dragons and be our coach for a long long time.

Nighty should be captain however, if Soward steps up this year, it would not suprise me if he replaces Hornby as Captain.