What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Storm simply don't have a sponsor yet... it won't remain blank for long.

Either way, SPONSORS ARE REALITY. GET OVER IT.

So sick of this argument every f**king week... we have sponsors. Yes it'd be nice if they integrated better, but THEY pay good money. End of.

I didn't say to get rid of all jersey sponsorship.

Just the big one right in the f**king middle of it.

It does not pay good money. That is a myth.

Getting rid of that one would make the other slots more valuable and it would sell more jerseys. So the real value of it is far below whatever $ figure a club gets for it. And it pales into insignificance next to the increase in tv rights.

AFL clubs get 7 figures for jersey sponsors without having a stomach sponsor or a sleeve sponsor. Reducing the amount of sponsorship available on an NRL jersey would make the real estate more valuable.

And that's before we get into the indirect benefits. Making our jerseys look more like jerseys and less like billboards would make it more appropriate as casual wear. Which would increase brand visibility for the clubs and the sport. That in itself would do a lot of good.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Pathetic work Melbourne

Bit harsh.....

Granted, if they stay without a sponsor for the whole season then you're absolutely right, but at this point i would imagine they are negotiating with a few brands.

If they had set a deadline of round 1, then they would have been forced into a shitty deal. Being willing to hold out for a better price makes their position for stronger.

(Then again, maybe they are just that unpopular in Melbourne......)

LESStar58

Referee
Brisbane didn't have a sponsor in 1999 either and they'd just won the comp.

Storm season launch is tonight. Couldrbe announced then.

Flapper

First Grade
Am I the only one that likes the sponsors? Makes your club look successful. I certainly wouldn't by an authentic jersey if it looked the same as the Best and Less one.

Blues Riff

Bench
The Half and half logos for the games at the top of the LU page are an abomination!
Just sayin'

Last edited:

thorson1987

Coach
Am I the only one that likes the sponsors? Makes your club look successful. I certainly wouldn't by an authentic jersey if it looked the same as the Best and Less one.

Agreed.

Although I would be happy for our jersey to stay like that because it actually looks good.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
In regards to the placement of sponsors on jerseys, in a perfect world i would only have a chest sponsor (and maybe a sleeve one aswell, but nothing on the back; players are starting to look like race cars).

When its just the chest (like in the EPL), it suggests "youre team is brought to you by sponsor X. They pay so you dont have to; show your support for them".

With 6 or 7 different sponsors on the NRL jerseys, it kind of says "look everyone, we just flogged off another little area on the players love handles to the good people at KY Jelly: the official anal lube of the NRL marketing managers".

BunniesMan

Immortal
In regards to the placement of sponsors on jerseys, in a perfect world i would only have a chest sponsor (and maybe a sleeve one aswell, but nothing on the back; players are starting to look like race cars).

When its just the chest (like in the EPL), it suggests "youre team is brought to you by sponsor X. They pay so you dont have to; show your support for them".

With 6 or 7 different sponsors on the NRL jerseys, it kind of says "look everyone, we just flogged off another little area on the players love handles to the good people at KY Jelly: the official anal lube of the NRL marketing managers".

:lol:

Exactly. Anyone that knows anything about business knows the rarer a commodity, the more it is valued. Nobody would be paying thousands for diamonds if they were all over the place.

If I ran an NRL club I guarantee I could get rid of some of the sponsor slots without the club losing a cent.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
:lol:

Exactly. Anyone that knows anything about business knows the rarer a commodity, the more it is valued. Nobody would be paying thousands for diamonds if they were all over the place.

If I ran an NRL club I guarantee I could get rid of some of the sponsor slots without the club losing a cent.

The diamond thing is actually an interesting comparison to make.

There actually are diamonds all over the place; it's a very common rock. The reason they are worth so much is because almost every diamond mine in the world is owned by the same massive corporation. They restrict the release of the product and artificially raise the price massively.

The reason this is a good comparison is that it shows a real world example of scarcity (even artificial scarcity) being, and i say this in all possible irony, a diamond mine. You just have to commit to it and talk it up.

AFL do it and they get great deals for a pretty comparable product. Just sayin......

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
At least the storm jersey doesn't look like a blue vest now.
It looks so crap because they moved the bolts lower to suit the sponsor- move the bolts back up and you got a good looking jersey. Chuck a sponsor UNDER the bolts if they get one, roosters and dragons (almost) seem to be able to do it fine...

gzerounian

Juniors
Crown Resorts will again feature on the front of Melbourne Storm’s jersey for the 2014 NRL season, as part of an upgraded partnership that was announced tonight at the club’s season launch.

Lambretta

First Grade
Lets just hope they integrate their sponsorship into the jersey then

Clubs should put a bigger emphasis on sponsors being part of a jersey design, not destroying it. It will work out better for all.

The Storm jersey looks great with the plain front. I hope they don't f**k it up again.

gzerounian

Juniors
Wouldn't this be great!?

10qvr7b.jpg

LESStar58

Referee
Looks like im buying a nines jersey on ebay this year.

couldn't give a shit about crown but refuse to wear a jersey advertising Tiger Air.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nope, Jetstar shits on TigerAir.

Then again a jet-powered donkey shits on both...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts