What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 new boys thread!

A possible dark horse as a starter in the BR is Pauli Pauli

Its funny. Everyone talks about how weak we are in the BR department, but between Pauli, Pauli, Edwards, Mau, Tanginoa, Santi, Terepo & Ualesi I'm pretty happy that we'll have a decent number of options that can get the job done in 2014 and beyond.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Its funny. Everyone talks about how weak we are in the BR department, but between Pauli, Pauli, Edwards, Mau, Tanginoa, Santi, Terepo & Ualesi I'm pretty happy that we'll have a decent number of options that can get the job done in 2014 and beyond.

The last 2 blokes you mentioned are central forwards, I don't think there'd be much use out wide, I asked a member of the support staff about terapo recently and he said that he just doesn't have the defensive smarts to be an edge forward.

Delboy

First Grade
Ualesi has been playing upfront in all the training I have been to, and Alvaro has been very conspicuous taking the ball up. Terepo compliments the middle players, he meets players front on and doesn't appear to have the lateral movement required to be on the edge, hard straight running is his forte.

I still am undecided if we should go for an attacking forward pack or a hardworking one.We should have the firepower in the backs if our halves fire to score points so maybe defense is the way to go.
I don't want to sound racist but you cant have to many Islanders in one team-It just doesn't work.Even the NZ team has a lot more white kiwis now.

Please make sure that you email BA once you are decided. He can't keep delaying his decisions.

We're all islanders by the way...last time I checked a map.

Pazza

First Grade
Reading all the pre season reports by the fans, the name that keeps popping up is Alvaro!

Does anyone think he'd be good to go to replace moi moi in 2015?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I still am undecided if we should go for an attacking forward pack or a hardworking one.We should have the firepower in the backs if our halves fire to score points so maybe defense is the way to go.
I don't want to sound racist but you cant have to many Islanders in one team-It just doesn't work.Even the NZ team has a lot more white kiwis now.

I suppose if you swap Ualesi with Terepo then you probably have a better defensive team without losing too much impact. All of the players, barring Sandow are able to stop defenders one-on-one without too much trouble.

Well, it is racist. You're generalising a person because of their background. But let's not get into that because that's not the point of the blog.

hindy111

Post Whore
I suppose if you swap Ualesi with Terepo then you probably have a better defensive team without losing too much impact. All of the players, barring Sandow are able to stop defenders one-on-one without too much trouble.

Well, it is racist. You're generalising a person because of their background. But let's not get into that because that's not the point of the blog.

Ok fair enough-I don't think we will do well with too many islanders in one side.

Just like in American football the great Qb's are Caucasian. And the best playmakers in soccer are white. Now im being racist but its just how it seems to be, even thou 66% of players in nfl are African American. Whys is this so-well it would be racist of me to say.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Reading all the pre season reports by the fans, the name that keeps popping up is Alvaro!

Does anyone think he'd be good to go to replace moi moi in 2015?

Alvaro is more of a work-horse rather than pure impact. The players that will replace Moi Moi are Terepo and or Junior Paulo. To me these two are more like Fui than anyone at our club. Alvaro is definitely on the way to being a Corey Parker/Paul Gallen type player.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Alvaro is more of a work-horse rather than pure impact. The players that will replace Moi Moi are Terepo and or Junior Paulo. To me these two are more like Fui than anyone at our club. Alvaro is definitely on the way to being a Corey Parker/Paul Gallen type player.

Paulo is much bigger and slower than Moimoi. I see Peni Terepo as a Fui clone - undersized but insanely quick for a prop.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Move him to the wing.

Suity

Huge wingers are a defensive liability. Kickers (and chasers) are just too good these days.

I expect Bureta Faraimo to play a couple of games in first grade this year, and I'm sure he'll do some spectacular things in attack (and defence), such as smashing merkins and running over the top of them. But ultimately he will be a liability against the kick.

Huge wingers are a defensive liability. Kickers (and chasers) are just too good these days.

I expect Bureta Faraimo to play a couple of games in first grade this year, and I'm sure he'll do some spectacular things in attack (and defence), such as smashing merkins and running over the top of them. But ultimately he will be a liability against the kick.[/QUOTE]

When he's tackling Teflon Billy?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I expect Bureta Faraimo to play a couple of games in first grade this year, and I'm sure he'll do some spectacular things in attack (and defence), such as smashing merkins and running over the top of them. But ultimately he will be a liability against the kick.

When he's tackling Teflon Billy?

I never saw the hit on Josh Papalii (but I have seen a good photo of it). I would have expected some merkin to put it up on YouTube, but alas.

Latest posts