What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 - The Year of the Fullback

hardbaby

Coach
Just watched Tedesco and Milford carve the opposition up today. Amazing to watch.

Throw in the old timers - Slater, Inglis, Stewart, Hayne.

Look at the next generation - Tomkins, Dugan, Barba.

Add some promising youngsters - Santo, Quinlan, Naiqama, Watene-Zelezniak, Hiku, Moylan, Coote, Tuivasa-Sheck.

The current crop of fullbacks is the best I have ever seen. A pleasure to watch.

GT0007

Juniors
Just watched Tedesco and Milford carve the opposition up today. Amazing to watch.

Throw in the old timers - Slater, Inglis, Stewart, Hayne.

Look at the next generation - Tomkins, Dugan, Barba.

Add some promising youngsters - Santo, Quinlan, Naiqama, Watene-Zelezniak, Hiku, Moylan, Coote, Tuivasa-Sheck.

The current crop of fullbacks is the best I have ever seen. A pleasure to watch.

Agreed, the game itself is the best I've ever seen

pinkmoon

Juniors
Moylan and Tedesco have surprised me. I thought both were overrated going on last seasons form, but they have started the year on fire.

Canberra will be desperate to keep Milford, who still has an option to renege on the Brisbane deal.

Slater has been suspect under the high ball his whole career.

Snake is the best :cool:

pinkmoon

Juniors
He's dropped two bombs in two weeks to start the year, and I have watched him his entire career and he has always had a "howler" in him (World Cup 2008 for example), but people overlook it because of the freakish things he does. It's not really a funny comment or that hard to understand, but i'll make a concession for you guys this time :cool:

GT0007

Juniors
So the mongrel prop is 'yesterday's hero'????

Only in our recruitment process lol. I said 12 months ago we lack a mongrel prop or 2. No one can deny over the last 5yrs the role of the fullback has evolved to the point they are as important as 7 & 9. Currently there are some freakish athletes at fullback. From what I've seen in this year in all forms of the game Tedesco is the form NSW fullback. Before people freak out I didn't say I would pick him based on a few games

Last edited:

GT0007

Juniors
Re: Slater, true he can come up with a costly blunder and I'd put the ball high all day but the way that the ball is kicked these days make everyone a lil suspect. I've seen our back 3 drop several, not saying they are suspect but its law of averages when kickers make it so difficult

GT0007

Juniors
So the mongrel prop is 'yesterday's hero'????

Only in our recruitment process lol. I said 12 months ago we lack a mongrel prop or 2. No one can deny over the last 5yrs the role of the fullback has evolved to the point they are as important as 7 & 9. Currently there are some freakish athletes at fullback. From what I've seen in this year in all forms of the game Tedesco is the form NSW fullback. Not saying I would pick him without more runs on the board

pinkmoon

Juniors
Re: Slater, true he can come up with a costly blunder and I'd put the ball high all day but the way that the ball is kicked these days make everyone a lil suspect. I've seen our back 3 drop several, not saying they are suspect but its law of averages when kickers make it so difficult

you make a very good point.

TheRev

First Grade
Fullbacks have been awesome for a while now in the comp, which is why Cummins would have a hard time finding a 1st grade spot when he left the club (but he left anyway)..... Quinlan would have been in that boat too, but I suspect he wont stay under the radar for too much longer.

FlameThrower

Bench
Quinlan is a must have, great jack in the box, who is young can play multiple positions would be an ideal utility. He is signed till end 2015, meanwhile Bronson Harrison is off contract this year, I know both are different players, but i know where my money would be going....

Highland Saint

Juniors
Just rewatched warriors game. I think our opposition are going to grow to hate Quinlan. Slips through them like a greased up snake

Latest posts