What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Membership Discussion

alien

Referee
Not true. We averaged over 14000 last year without the Anzac game. We also cop the most flak for lack of crowds and members yet we are consistently in the top 7 or 8 on both counts. We consistently outdo 3-4 Sydney teams despite having much smaller geographical area etc. even souffs with their 35000 members only average about 1300 more than us. At least our member numbers reflect our crowds. Strange that souffs have 20000 members that don't show up at games. I can accept that they have interstate memberships etc but surely they aren't the only club that would get a bump in their member numbers from this. The stats I posted above comparing members to crowds shows souffs ratio is so far off the average compared to all others. Makes no sense.

it does make sense. it means that alot of supporters who don't go to games much, still want to support the club with a non-ticketed membership. not all members live in sydney. maybe roosters need to encourage their fans who don't or can't get to many games to still support their club with a non-ticketed membership. we have been through this ratio bullshit before

Cockosh

Juniors
That would be a great point of it were just the chooks fans. But it is only souths that have less than half their members attend games. Good on them if they can get em to join but I find I find it hard to believe that no other club has supporters outside their own geographical catchment or interstate that become members. Per the table most clubs are fairly close in terms of members vs crowds with factors like form or hosting big games affecting the numbers. Just pointing out that souths are so far removed from the average of all others. Not to mention they are defending premiers.

Anyway go the chooks

papabear

Juniors
being top 7 or 8 for crowds isn't that great when you are sitting top 3 or 4 on the table.

The problem with the chooks is there crowds are crap considering there success. If the chooks had a Parramatta/ Newcastle / Canberra/ Cronulla run of form they would be getting literally no one to their games except opposition fans.

Also considering they get more opposition fans then anyone to their games you have to wonder again why they are only top 7 or 8.

Cockosh

Juniors
Hilarious. This year 5 of our 9 home games have been against Sydney teams. I have been to every home game this year and Apart from dragons on Anzac day there have been sweet fa supporters from other clubs. The others being panthers, sharks, Tigers and dogs all of whom have lower crowds than us (dogs aside). So now they magically bump out crowds lol

So considering success and fact souths are superior in crowds and members why do they only average 1300 more than us? Souths have had 6 of 10 home games against syd teams 3 of the same teams that played us as well as ourselves, manly and eels.

I never said our crowds are Great or even good but we cop a disproportionate amount of flak compared to other worse performing teams. And as always the numbers don't support the myths.